It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Didnt Doris Day Die Long Ago?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was at the check out this morning and stumbled upon a tabloid saying that Doris is in very ill health

Why does this keep happening over and over?

Alternate universes or what?

Strange.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I thought she died ten years ago as well. I remember reading a magazine article a year or so ago. It had all these lovely pictures of her from the 60's.

ooooo the timestream is in flux again.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here are my thoughts.

ok, what we may have here are quantum mechanics on the large scale. Until you read the article all possibilities were happening. Doris is dead. Doris is alive. Doris is in good health. Doris is in bad health. All equally happening probabilitys. Therefore when you read the article you collapsed the probability wave functions (Just like looking inside of a box) and forced an outcome. You have now selected your universe.

Then again I could simply be full of BS and having some fun. That's highly probable as well. Just look in the box.

(chuckle)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Here are my thoughts.
Therefore when you read the article you collapsed the probability wave functions (Just like looking inside of a box) and forced an outcome. You have now selected your universe.

Then again I could simply be full of BS and having some fun. That's highly probable as well. Just look in the box.

(chuckle)

Not to shift the thread.... interesting hypothesis Deson.
Perhaps you should start a thread on the subject.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Deson's theory is sound and interesting to try and wrap the old brain around, but I tend to trust this web site:

www.deadoraliveinfo.com...

The page for Doris Day is here:
www.deadoraliveinfo.com...

Says she's alive and 84 years old.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

Not to shift the thread.... interesting hypothesis Deson.
Perhaps you should start a thread on the subject.

ok, that's it. When not one but two people find a theory that I made somewhat in jest "interesting" and "Sound" I've gotta start a thread on it. Maybe I'll warp some minds that way.
(chuckle)

Edited to add:

Thread posted Here

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Deson]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Here are my thoughts.

ok, what we may have here are quantum mechanics on the large scale. Until you read the article all possibilities were happening. Doris is dead. Doris is alive. Doris is in good health. Doris is in bad health. All equally happening probabilitys. Therefore when you read the article you collapsed the probability wave functions (Just like looking inside of a box) and forced an outcome. You have now selected your universe.

(chuckle)

I like it and have wondered that myself, yet who defines when two people relate to the box as to whos reality is stronger? How is it decided in the moment you open the box wether she is alive, dead or suffering?

DG I thought she died of alcoholism long ago too.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So, folks, this keeps happening over and over again, where some of us KNOW we heard of the death but here we are now and they're still alive.

Antar, yes, i recall the death and news of the death vividly.

I know this subject has come up before and A D, thanks for those links again!!!

new topics

top topics

join