It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC - new theory - Wormhole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Everyone, I've posted before (once) under a username that I lost long ago, so I am still kind of new at this. If I have posted this in the wrong section, please move the thread, and I'll try to get it right next time.

I have spent a lot of time wringing my hands and sweating with a brick in the pit of my stomach, worrying about the LHC from the moment I heard about it. Then, I finally got past the fear and loathing and reasoned that if it goes south, we'll all go together. In the midst of my new found comfort with the concept of being violently sucked into oblivion, I began to wonder about the LHC and it's true purpose (if indeed its advertised purpose were not true). My mind keeps coming back to the possibility of a scenario like the one outlined in the movie, "Contact," whereby we've received instructions to build this fantastic machine that will enable us to meet alien races. In other words, what if the LHC was built to establish an endpoint of a fixed wormhole? I usually pour over the boards every night for good reading, and I don't think I have seen this particular theory posed before, but if I missed it and someone already posted a similar theory, then I apologize. My theory is not based on remote viewing, or aliens telling me, or God telling me.....just based on good old fashioned imagination.

Can anyone post any reasons why they believe this is or is not a valid possibility?

-- BCK

[edit on 2-9-2008 by belowcommonknowledge]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

You might want to use the search button there, and preview the subject. All your worries are pretty much unfounded. Nothing gonna happen at Cern, except science. Again, this subject has been discussed on countless threads.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sure, I have read all the threads and everything I can find in all the major scientific rags, but that does not mean that everything that you can find to read about the "science" that is going to happen is everything that there is to know, or that it is as straightforward as you and others see it to be. In this story, like in all stories, there are 3 basic perspectives. Your perspective, my perspective, and then, what is. In this case the 3 perspectives are more like "the end of the world, just another 'no big deal' experiment, and then whatever will be", which may end up being one or the other perspectives, something in the middle, or something outside of what's been considered. My point in this reply and in my original post is simply to suggest what may be, in lieu of absolute knowledge of what is, since I think we can all agree that none of us has that. Unless we have some CERN physicists or technicians posting spoilers on the board. Not being argumenative; simply supplying food for thought.

reply to post by mapsurfer_

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
the hilarity of all these posts worrying about cern is above and beyond funny. How do you figure they have no clue what it will do? It isnt our first atom smasher its just a biggewr atom smasher... the amount of initial mass that will be colliding is so insignifigant that in most likeyhood nothing is gonna happen. Oh i know your gonna spout about micro black hole but lol its micro tiny on the quantum scale tiny.... they will be closed off by quantum fluctuation.. not only that since the initial mass is so low it ouwld take years and years for it to become as massive as a grapefruit. Not only that but cern has built in features to caontain the energies released. The chamber in which the collosions occur is like a tocomac reactor its magnetic feilds can hold in check 20-30 million degree plasma which really creates vastly more energy vastly stronger magnetic feilds and its containable no sweat.... cern isnt going to destroy the world if anything it will vastly further our understanding of the basic nature of reality. the prospect of finding sparticles and the higgs-boson supper symmatry and all the other fantastic probable particles far far far out weighs any microscopic concerns.....

top topics

join