It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Mossad let Nazi Mengele get away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Israeli Mossad let Nazi Mengele get away

www.breitbart.com

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli agents who kidnapped Nazi mastermind Adolf Eichmann from Argentina in 1960 found the notorious death camp doctor Josef Mengele but let him get away, one of the operatives said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-9-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The " Angel of Death" a sadistic doctor who expiremented on jews in the cocentration camps could have been captured at the same time Eichmann was, but Mossad elected to wait for a later date.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Interesting. Nice find.

The way Mengele kept slipping through Mossad's fingers has always been suspicious and this explanation vibes "just barely plausible enough" but still makes you wonder. Mengele had some very deep ties in the US and England and it's possible strings were pulled. At the same time, Mossad is fanatical and it's going to take a lot to pull their strings....like maybe they get a lead on Mengele and get a phonecall saying "Hey, buddies, if we tell you where Eichmann is you maybe let Mengele slide?"

On the other hand, it could have gone down just as they said. If you can only get one or the other, or if you have to make sure you get one before you go after the other, even though they were both monsters, Eichmann was higher in the food chain and directly responsible for the Final Solution.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I remember Eichmann hang and then twitch. I don't think any Israeli would willfully let any Nazi get away. Likely someone came up with a hare-brained scheme and when it didn't jel, or was impossible to choreograph, he became angry and suggested that someone willfully let him get away.

I let a couple armed enemies fade without killing them, and caught crap for my efforts. One we ran around with gunfire until he was exhausted, fell to his knees and shaking his fist at us. Too brave to kill. The second was busy smelling and delicately touching hundreds of orchids that were growing wild. He was having a good day, and I just took a notion not to spoil it. I caught all kinds of crap. Then I popped two women in a free-kill zone hauling weapons and caught crap for that. Just no pleasing some folks.

new topics

top topics

join