Obama vs Palin gets his experience from campaign

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

“Well, my understanding is that Governor Palin’s town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We’ve got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. You know, we have a budget of about three times that just for the month. So I think that our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the last couple of years,” Obama said.

“For Barack Obama to argue that he’s experienced enough to be president because he’s running for president is desperate circular logic and its laughable. It is a testament to Barack Obama’s inexperience and failing qualifications that he would stoop to passing off his candidacy as comparable to Governor Sarah Palin’s executive experience managing a budget of over $10 billion and more than 24,000 employees,” said spokesman Tucker Bounds.

When you have nothing to fall back on and no experience, what do you expect from the man. There is a lot to this story, it exposes his non-credentials, there are accusations of sexism which gives him a taste of his own racist finger pointing all campaign. This Palin pick is a gold mine for McCain.

elections.foxnews.com...

How in the .... can you claim experience from the very campaign you are running for president in? This has to be a first. Does he really think people are that stupid and will believe anything he says?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by SectionEight]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Experience, experience, experience, lets see.... George W. Bush former governor.... arguibly the worst President in US history, Bill Clinton former governor...arguibly one of the best President in US history and I can go on and on... Kennedy came from the senate and manage to run this country in one of thr worst crisis in this country history.

The one thing all succesful Presidents have had is GOOD ADVISORS, see what Rove, Cheney and that crowd has done to this country. No one president can sit in a Oval Office and claim that he would now everything.

Thats where judgement comes into play, to have the judgement to surround yourself with smart people that would help a President make a right decision once all option are explored.

I take judgement over experience any day of the week.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Experience, experience, experience, lets see.... George W. Bush former governor.... arguibly the worst President in US history, Bill Clinton former governor...arguibly one of the best President in US history and I can go on and on... Kennedy came from the senate and manage to run this country in one of thr worst crisis in this country history.

The one thing all succesful Presidents have had is GOOD ADVISORS, see what Rove, Cheney and that crowd has done to this country. No one president can sit in a Oval Office and claim that he would now everything.

Thats where judgement comes into play, to have the judgement to surround yourself with smart people that would help a President make a right decision once all option are explored.

I take judgement over experience any day of the week.

Too bad he didn't give an answer like yours that was complete with a history and logic. Instead he used his JUDGEMENT and parroted what he was told to say by someone that ADVISED him.
We are left with him telling us his best experience is being gathered at the moment running his campaign. Kind of an empty resume.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Bill Clinton former governor...arguibly one of the best President in US history

Best President for who? China? Wow.

Obama is using flawed logic again in drawing unrealistic comparisons.

How many more of his supporters are going to keep accepting these lame arguments? It's time you see him for who he really is. A Marxist seeking power in the world's most powerful free nation.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

I honestly do not know what to say. I have absolutely no idea how to respond to this because the logic of his statement is absolutely, completely absurd. The McCain campaign is correct, it is nothing but circular logic. This is almost the same as saying that you are qualified for the friggin' job just because you applied for it!

I suppose this also means that I could claim enough experience to be the President of the United States just as long as I had $100 million, hired 2,500 employees and just ran for the job.

And then, to make it even more idiotic, he frames it in the context of her time as mayor. Uh, Barack...that was 6 YEARS ago. Since that time, she has been Chairman of the Alaskan Oil and Gas Commission. And oh yeah, there's that whole governor thing, where she has been in charge of about 10 times as many employees as he has.

Amazing, absolutely unbelievable. And even more unbelievable? We'll have people in here defending it. If I were McCain, I'd be running it as a campaign ad tomorrow.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Well to me McCain pick of Gov.Palin was the final stroke, his jas lost his way from the time of the Straight Talk Express and has left the likes that completely destroy him and drag his name through the mud in 2000 run his campaign. He has put his political ambitions first rather than his country.

Im was leaning to vote for Obama because of Bush, I'm in the military, Im tired of war that have no direction, no leadership, no end. I was willing to give my vote to McCain but when he started ranting about Iran it definately got my attention, then he kept up the rhetoric against Iran while Obama talks diplomacy. The McCain ranted about Russia... what does he wants a war in two fronts against Russia and Iran? Thats where judgement comes into play in my opinion.

A funny thought if we go to war with Russia and Iran... how we going to fill up our jets and our tanks?

Anyways... back on track... Gov. Palin.... and lets use some common sense here... McCain is old, there is no other way to put it...O-L-D he can take office on Monday and probably (God forbid) die the next day. I can not consciously vote for such a ticket. On the other hand Obama is going to have smart people surrounding him, Collin Powell name is high on the list, Bill Richardson, Hillary is definately going to be there either as a senator or some other cabinet appointment. Biden and his gaffes aside is a smart statesmen that if something happens to Obama he would be more than qualified to step in given the current choices that I see.

To me is kind of like a win win situation, even if McCain gets elected he might go back to be the McCain of old, the one I used to like, the reformer and straight talker, but with all this pandering and lack of judgement that he has shown of late I dont see how can I vote for him.

EDIT TO ADD: I think this race is going to be decided as soon as the candidates start announcing their picks for the cabinet positions.

new topics
top topics

join