It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post - google earth triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
hi folks,

first post here, but been lurking for a while and enjoying the threads and ATSMIX

Anyone shed any light on this in google earth

-30.510678, 115.382231

POS

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Appears to be an antenna. UHF/VHF

Edit: Found this:

Dec. 18, 2007 email from Australian resident: “(Triangle is) in an area I was fairly familiar with. The astronomy group I am in goes near there for star gazing as there is no light pollution. I made a trip up to investigate the Google earth mystery on Saturday, December 15, 2007. I 'interpolated' its position onto a map and we drove up. It is a large antenna and appears to be a component of the huge wind farm immediately adjacent to it. The wind farm supplies 80 megawatts of power for Perth and is remote-controlled from Perth power company that operates the wind farm. I think the very high antenna transmits sensor and instrumentation data as well as receiving the control signals from the Perth control centre. It is a very tall antenna with 3 sets of guy wires in a triangle formation. The growth and bushes are most likely cleared out of the antenna area. (We couldn't get close enough to see the base because the roads were blocked with gates and it is rolling hills). The place is fenced and the gates are locked. There are no warning signs, no 'use of deadly force' signs, nor is there any 'keep out' signs. The locked gates are there to keep the vandals and curiosity seekers out.

Source

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Appears to be an antenna. UHF/VHF
Edit: Found this:

Dec. 18, 2007 email from Australian resident: “(Triangle is) in an area I was fairly familiar with. The astronomy group I am in goes near there for star gazing as there is no light pollution. I made a trip up to investigate the Google earth mystery on Saturday, December 15, 2007. I 'interpolated' its position onto a map and we drove up. It is a large antenna and appears to be a component of the huge wind farm immediately adjacent to it. The wind farm supplies 80 megawatts of power for Perth and is remote-controlled from Perth power company that operates the wind farm. I think the very high antenna transmits sensor and instrumentation data as well as receiving the control signals from the Perth control centre. It is a very tall antenna with 3 sets of guy wires in a triangle formation. The growth and bushes are most likely cleared out of the antenna area. (We couldn't get close enough to see the base because the roads were blocked with gates and it is rolling hills). The place is fenced and the gates are locked. There are no warning signs, no 'use of deadly force' signs, nor is there any 'keep out' signs. The locked gates are there to keep the vandals and curiosity seekers out.

Source
[edit on 2-9-2008 by Phage]

Thanks for that info. I discovered that triangle by chance on GE; I believe I even made a post in the past here about it.

I knew it wasn't something extraterrestrial, but every jackass that makes a UFO documentary uses a pic of it somewhere in their production, presenting it as a triangle craft.

new topics

join