It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive police raids on suspected protesters in Minneapolis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted...

Protesters here in Minneapolis have been targeted by a series of highly intimidating, sweeping police raids across the city, involving teams of 25-30 officers in riot gear, with semi-automatic weapons drawn, entering homes of those suspected of planning protests, handcuffing and forcing them to lay on the floor, while law enforcement officers searched the homes, seizing computers, journals, and political pamphlets.

SRC: www.salon.com...#

Any you people think OBAMA is the stealth-commie...

sad...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I believe it has been posted somewhere, but Mods can confirm that...

Yes, Minneapolis Police raided homes, but it was for good cause. These people were professional anarchists. I live in St. Paul, and they were searching for bombs, since there was a note found and some emails about a 'bomb' and the RNC...

I read it in the Star Tribune, no link..., sorry.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So, it would seem that rumors trounce facts 80% of the time here on ATS.

It would seem to be the obvious development of a police state coming about from one candidate.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
Yes, Minneapolis Police raided homes, but it was for good cause. These people were professional anarchists.

Let's see..."professional." From Webster's...Ah, here it is:

Main Entry: 1pro·fes·sion·al Listen to the pronunciation of 1professional
Pronunciation: \prə-ˈfesh-nəl, -ˈfe-shə-nəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1606

1 a: of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b: engaged in one of the learned professions c (1): characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2): exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace2 a: participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs b: having a particular profession as a permanent career c: engaged in by persons receiving financial return 3: following a line of conduct as though it were a profession
— pro·fes·sion·al·ly adverb

So which definition fits best here? If "professional" simply means that they're getting paid to be anarchists, like any other profession, then I think they had been better off to switch careers...But then, "professional" could also mean that they had a "professional attitude" about what they were doing.

Seriously though...Cops need a warrant. That's the LAW. The real law, not those lesser corporate statutes & regulations. The Due Process of Law is an anarchist's worst nightmare, because there's no way out of it except not getting caught at all. They were busted by "color of law" at best.

Besides the article not mentioning if the cops had warrants, the Real Law (aka: Common Law, Constitutional Law, Supreme Law) would throw out the case in a heartbeat. Common Law is only when someone actually violates the Rights of another...Not on mere suspicion.

And another thing about the phony-sounding charges about "fire code violations"...Those Codes have jurisdiction only over corporations & government facilities, not people! I hope they know about all this stuff & can demand an Article 3 (Common Law) Court for having their Rights violated...And the best way to do that is with knowledge to adjorn to proper jurisdiction & representing themselves, sui juris. It would take not only knowledge, but a lot of guts, too.

But then, maybe the way an anarchist thinks might be something like, "Defend myself with real law? But I want to tear down all law! I can't do this!" In which case their best bet would be to just plead guilty & take the punishment. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if I started reading about people like this at The Darwin Awards.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join