It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Discrepancy in Ron Paul Rally Numbers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hundreds gather for Ron Paul rally in Minneapolis

The above headline states hundreds... this quote in the article says something extremely different:

Organizers of the "Rally for The Republic" say they sold 10,103 tickets for the event.

Big difference between "hundreds" and 10,103.

Even if the event organizers inflated their numbers, could they have really pumped it up that much? By thousands?

This is just an example of how, in my opinion, the mainstream media have conspired to distort Ron Paul's numbers all throughout this election process to make it look like he has far less supporters than he really does.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Another glaring example of how the media seems to minimize anything that might draw attention away from the "Red Carpet" Conventions shows.

It is sad that people 20 years from now will say "Ron WHO?" and their research will 'show' that he had little meaningful support.

Funny how few people care about who gets to 'write' history. We are letting the media do it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I believe the only thing we can wish for now is that Ron Paul inspires some of his younger followers to get into politics and to carry the torch for him, us and the constitution.

The more people kicking and screaming, the more who will hear.

I'm still writing his name in come November.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

So is everyone I know.

But can we count on a fair and unquestionable count?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul's time will come. The United States of America has stood in the face of evil men before and it will do so again. There is so much against us right now, but I have faith. Not in god, but in the people of this country.

This thing is getting very close. People are sick of it and the media cannot but barely keep a lid on it as it is. It will break open and things will correct themselves. Have faith and keep working. When people finally DEMAND change, Ron Paul will be there to bring it home!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by eNumbra

So is everyone I know.

But can we count on a fair and unquestionable count?

No.

But it's the only thing I can allow myself to do if I want to sleep at night. I didn't vote in the last presidential election because unfortunately I was still listening to the Media. Had I even been aware of Michael Badnarik I would have likely voted for him.

Never again will I participate in the media run popularity contest, but nor will I ever again, not vote, regardless of difference made.

It sucks, but educating the public about the truth will remain the first priority in my eyes, even if it takes awhile.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I can't bring myself to vote for either of the MSM candidates either. The United States does not need another social climbing plutocratic lapdog for POTUS again. I am sick to death of having nothing to choose but the lesser of 2 weasels.

Listening to many of the TV interviews with Ron Paul during his campaign I became furious at the obfuscation of his message by these coin operated fascist spit bags that call themselves reporters of the news.

The truth is not in them and they can not mange to separate themselves from their roles as corporatist propagandist to give a fair interview or allow a positive light on the message of liberty, freedom, a small constitutionally limited government, or sound money. They seem to have to mock every aspect of it as if the founding principles of this nation are now absurd throw backs from a bygone era.

Misreporting the numbers of his supporters is just another of their tactics.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul has been sabotaged relentlessly by the so called "press" since his words have cause pretty much all other candidates (I can think of two others not included in this sterotype) total humility. Even with the clever questions meant to stump him or force an unwanton response have all seemed to backfire, as should be.

I watch a crowd chanting explicatives followed by "Fox News" and the unfortunate crew was cast out of attempts to film whatever they were attempting to film, I'm sure would have been edited anyways, but it's a job..right?

Ron Paul has (in my opinion) more support that any candidate, but being a Republican, was tossed aside as a litter Runt by it's canine mother.

Shame...I will take a pro-active stance as I attempted to descibe in another thread, yet somehow, my reply was cut short, eliminating the specifics by some unknown enigma..yes..here on ATS nonetheless

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
When people finally DEMAND change, Ron Paul will be there to bring it home!

We can only hope that he will be there... that THEY will not "remove" him first.

new topics

top topics

join