It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverend Wright, Meet Ed Kalnins - Palin's Own "Pastor Disaster"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer
The pastor at the Assembly of God Church in Wasilla was Paul Riley. Sorry you got your facts back assword. The church is located past the Wasilla Senior housing center off Knik Goose Bay Road. The reason I know that is between the years of 1981- 1998 I use to tell people WRONG REILLY ... his name is RILEY

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Skydancer]

The website of the "Wasilla Assembly of God" lists Ed Kalnins as the senior pastor......the church is however located on 125 West Riley Ave, Wasilla, Alaska 99654....

Are you talking about a different church?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is all pretty tame. I don't see any GOD D**** AMERICA statements. Not my cup of tea, but certainly non-violent.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nothing to see here folks.... Just another lame attempt to smear Palin thread. Like the others, it fails miserably.

As for "average" Americans; I ran this thread by a Democratic friend of mine. Even he thought it was lame!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think it's rather funny, considering the furor over Reverend Wright's comments, how someone saying things far more extreme, but from the right, "isn't a story"

Had Wright said anything like "vote Democrat or you're going to Hell", the same crowd would be calling for his lynching.

As far as "smears" go, you wont see me babbling on about her daughter's pregnancy - I simply do not care, it's none of my business.

On the other hand, when we're talking about putting an extremist Dominionist Christian one heartbeat away from being able to start the "End Times" for real, yeah I think that's reason to sit up and take notice

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

This is all pretty tame. I don't see any GOD D**** AMERICA statements. Not my cup of tea, but certainly non-violent.

Really?
So my guess is that you're legally blind then?

Because saying "you'll go to hell for not voting for a republican" is saying God will "damn" americans for voting for anyone who is pro-choice

no matter how you want to ignorantly back this guy
that *IS* what he said.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

You forgot to mention that Palin left this church in 2002. The comment that Ed Kalnins made was in 2004

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

ok..
Rev. Ed Kalnins didnt say "you'll go to hell for not voting for a republican" in a serious sence,
i was there at that sermon visiting a friend.
he said it in a joking matter, he even added a little chuckle at the end of the sentance.
but the news media took it like he was serious.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was there as well and he did not say it in a joking manner. I was also there with a republican friend and that is the day that he switched to the Independent Party.

I'm currently posting this on my Republican friend's computer and I'm in the presence of 3 Republicans in total... Sarah Palin has caused 2 of them to decide to not vote now. The other is struggling to render a vote due to McCain's rediculous actions throughout his campaign.

Sarah Palin and hubby's odd religious beliefs should definitely be under scrutiny. Especially, since she has now opened that door once again in a rediculously weak act of desperation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join