It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria warns of 'catastrophic' effect of any Israeli strike on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Syria warns of 'catastrophic' effect of any Israeli strike on Iran

www.breitbart.com

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad warned Tuesday that an attack by Israel on Iran would have catastrophic consequences for the entire world.

"We think that Israel could try to launch attacks against Iran, even against Lebanon or Syria," he said in an interview with France 3 television.

"Any attack by Israel or by anyone else will have catastrophic results not only on the region but on the whole world," he said.

In recent months several Israeli politicians have talked of the possibility of a preemptive military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities to avoid any possibility of Tehran acquiring an atomic weapon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
afp.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran warns any attack would start 'world war'

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
First Iran and now Syria?
I seriously think something must be in the works and about to begin.

The rumors may be true.

- Lee

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I seriously think something must be in the works and about to begin.

The rumors may be true.

God I hope not...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Tough talk, Syria got bombed by Israel and did nothing essentially. Maybe they are waiting for this, pool their resources, to destroy the great Satan/Cheney.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe they will realese some sort of bio weapon across the world at the same time that will cause people to get sick?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yup, results will be devastating. At least for the region. I do not see it growing into something global - except economical storms. But with recent developments - who knows?
I really hope that this recent surge in discussions / publications/ warnings concerning Israeli strike is just something accidental. I do not think that there is justification for strike without fully using diplomacy or at least without preparing the country for war that will surely follow.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

Originally posted by lee anoma
The rumors may be true.

God I hope not...

So do I.

What's worse, I think most people who support such actions think that America can afford to go to yet another war in spite of what most of it's reputable generals and military officials have stated.

It's easy to sit behind a computer and say "yeah go bomb them" when you do not comprehend the potential reprisals on multiple levels. I do believe such an attack will bring disaster to my country at this point. Aside from the war itself involving more than three nations I have no doubt there will be "terror" attacks on American soil as a consequence. The whole thing is really unnecessary in my opinion. Iran wants nuclear power and I don't see why they shouldn't get it. We built the nuclear facilities over there ourselves when we set up our puppet government and considered storing our own nukes in Iran at the time.

There are nations with actual nukes that in my opinion are extremely sketchy and haven't even signed the NPT.

It's a war we can't afford literally and figuratively.
Maybe morally.

- Lee

[edit on 2-9-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Big bad Syria threatening repercussions if the west doesn't let Iran develop the Bomb, Iran threatening repercussions if they do? Bye Bye Israel?

The right thing to do, if you care about world peace, is destroy everything that has anything to do with Iran or Syrias nuclear conspiracy- no matter where it is. Russia wants to help Iran finish their facility? OK, where are you building the parts Ivan?

It could be over inside 2 hours.

Castastrophic? Only if you're a terror loving, woman hating, muslim zealot...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
what a bunch of zealot punks. I guess Israel will have to nuke Syria back to the stone age too, which for that country is only like what, 100 years? Those desert religions will be the end of us all!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We've seen recently just how fragile the M.E. oil export routes are during the Georgian conflict...should an attack on Iran take place, tankers would be prime targets for the anti-ship missile batteries along the Hormuz coastline...hence the massed NATO-naval task-force in the Black Sea to protect the only other export route via the overland BTC pipeline that runs through the heart of Georgia

If you add to that, the threat from Russia to switch-off oil supplies through the Polish/German oil pipeline, then tactically, any act of aggression toward Iran would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face

new topics

top topics

join