It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonzales mishandled top secret documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Gonzales mishandled top secret documents

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - While serving as attorney general, Alberto Gonzales mishandled top secret documents, risking the release of classified information about two of the Bush administration's most sensitive counterterrorism efforts — a surveillance program and detainee interrogations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So the #1 law enforcement officer in the country does something like this and is allowed to resign without any charges brought against him? What a crock of ----!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I wish that information WOULD have been compromised more quickly. We are talking about the two most controversial blunders of this administration. It matters not to me if he was prosecuted over this. If I had been in his shoes, I would have taken those notes to the press myself.

On a technical level, however, this is no different than the Valerie Plame Leak case. Other than the fact that the Valerie Plame case was a felony treason crime while this one was merely a misdemeanor. Not much of a story here, I'm afraid.

Editing to add that Gonzalez should still be strung up though for firing the attorneys unsympathetic to Bush's crimes.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
While not being too cynical about the whole affair, many of such 'mis-handled' secrets are carried out on purpose to leak info, by design.

Gonzales got away with a lot, but this seems piddly to me.

Those instances were likely publicity 'leaks'.

new topics

top topics

join