It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: The Secret Hero of American History. Shhhhh...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Alxandro

Alexandro, why posit an argument as such unless your own view is as limited. This mythical "everyone" who hates bush but loves obama; it's like when I argue with my wife and she pulls the old "you do so and so ALL the time" which is never true. Bush is more than likely to be considered one of, if not the worst Presidents ever. How bad can Obama be compared to that moron?

ColoradoJens

Mythical?
Where have you been?

I understand if you don't like the guy but all I am asking is why is it so diifficult for some people, aka haters, to be honest with themselves and do a fair assessment of both Bush and Obama?

The MSM hate Bush, nothing he does will ever be favorable yet they love Obama and nothing he does can ever be wrong.
It's like the same thing but in reverse, and if that aint conditioning I don't know what is.

The similarities and polarities are so blatantly obvious, yet not many can see this.
It's as if Pavlov now has two dogs.
Ring the Obama bell and people salivate, ring the Bush bell and people scowl.

Maybe that is part of the plan and if it is then I hope you are ready for what is around the corner.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

It's no secret that being President takes a toll.
Hell, even Obama is already showing signs of wear and tear and he aint even the Prez yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I'm a little confused about President Bush being responsible for bringing reality television to the people of Afghanistan. First I don't think this is something we as amercians should be all that proud of and second "Dragons Den" is a BBC show from England, not an american show.

So essentialy it's the creator/producers of Dragons Den who have brought reality television to afghanistan.

And I'm pretty sure they're English.

Just sayin.

Spiderj

Whether it's a Brit or American show is not the issue.
You have to remember that the Taliban did away with all forms of modern technology, this includes TV's, radios and all forms of entertainment as well.
Their idea of enetertainment was holding weekly executions at the local soccer fields.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
But again, there are british troops in afghanistan, it's a british show....technically it seems as if the english brough reality television to afghanistan, not president bush.

It's a coalition remember?

I say we give this one to the brits. People hate us enough already, the last thing americans need is to be blamed for bringing reality television to afghanistan.

spiderj

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Let me ask you this. If Bush does something contrary to the principles of the office (such as Clinton/Cigar/Lewinsky) does it not merit invetigation? When the tenor of the news is so distinctly one sided, does it not indicate a general leaning of the American people? Keep in mind FOX has deemed this President moot and he has been abandoned by his own party. I would imagine you would agree that when Clinton got his due, he deserved it. And boy did Kenneth Lay and the GOP make sure he got it - do you remember? I believe it's true to say he is STILL paying for it - even though our Budget SURPLUS was the LARGEST its ever been when Clinton left and now it's the BIGGEST DEFICIT...my gas is 4$ a gallon and I can't sell my home now. In 1998, I could have sold it for more than $200K more than now. Maybe history will shine favorable upon this man, I can't say; the chances I know, are slim. I suggest you read both left and right news sources and deduce your own opinions after thouroughly examining the issues. I, for one, would like to see a President that can properly address foreign leaders, understand the decorum of the position, and can put three sentences together. "Way to go Brownie!" SHHHHHH.
BUSH WORST PRESIDENT EVER!

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join