It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'M IN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
today i had my military processing at the military entrence and processing stattion here in omaha. i am now in the United States Air Force! i will be doing either ICBM electronics, ICBM Maintainence, F-16 avionics, F-15 Avionics, or Bomber Avionics, but the first one is the job i want the most. and no i have no problem with working on nuclear waepons for all you anti nuke liberal treehuggers out there.

on a lighter note im SO stoked about it! i took the oath today and it was really cool. my boss is now the president of the united states. weather if it is a good thing or not is up to you to decide.

ive signed up to leave in september for basic, although i might be going as soon as august if the job i want will only take me then.

"OFF WE GO INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER!"

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Good Luck! You are doing a great thing for your nation.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Good luck! You're a very brave person. One question - why join now? Aren't you afraid of being sent to Iraqi or Afgahastan?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

my boss is now the president of the united states.

Yet another poor sod with an arsehole as a boss

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Congrats...hold ya head through bootcamp buddy--don't forget to add sir, I don't understand why recruits always forget that in the movies. And on behalf of all hoosiers (because I think I'm the only hoosier here) I thank you for your service to this great nation. Now go preserve some freedom!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Congrats Ivan. We've spoke about this before. Now welcome aboard. You are now floating on the same cloud as I am....except I leave for basic may 18th. Anywho, how did MEPS go for you? Pretty damn boring wasn't it? As of now I'm attending a meeting every month which you'll start doing soon...probably on the last thursday of every month until you leave. You'll also have to phone in on the first thursday of every month until you leave.....just to let your recruiter know that your status hasn't changed.

~Speaking of those meetings I had one today. It's pretty simple. All we talked about was BMT and what to expect, ask questions about anything, and went to the parking lot practice some simple drills such as left face, right face, saluting, parade rest, standing @ attention, etc. It was a little difficult to me towards to begining, but now I'm very good at it. It's pretty simple if you just PAY ATTENTION and KNOW YOUR REPORTING STATEMENT. Other than these things...let me know if you have any questions. Take care bro.

*Integrity first. Service before self. Excellence in all we do.*

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Jeffrey]

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good for you, too bad you picked the Air Force. Dig those bus driver uniforms.

You sound smart, you should have gone Navy.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ivan, you better break out a raft of Marko Ramius quotes when working on those ICBMs. Thats sure to be a crowd pleaser

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Ivan, you better break out a raft of Marko Ramius quotes when working on those ICBMs. Thats sure to be a crowd pleaser

Ramius :
* Ryan things in here don't react well to bullets*

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

How about "Where I am going, you cannot follow."

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Congrats Ivan.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yepyep. I really have to go watch that again to touch up.

But how about:

Most things in here don't react well to bullets.

or

We will pass through the American patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest city, and listen to their rock and roll... while we conduct missile drills.

Or to really shake them up, you could just call everyone comrade with a Ramius accent and hum the Soviet Anthem all day.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Congrats...hold ya head through bootcamp buddy--don't forget to add sir, I don't understand why recruits always forget that in the movies. And on behalf of all hoosiers (because I think I'm the only hoosier here) I thank you for your service to this great nation. Now go preserve some freedom!

i was born a hoosier

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

oh i will! my nick name on my NJROTC drill team is "Comrade" :-D

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady Lily
Good luck! You're a very brave person. One question - why join now? Aren't you afraid of being sent to Iraqi or Afgahastan?

we dont have ICBMS in iraq or afgahastan. so no im not worried. and it beats getting drafted. i cant personally see my self in a combat arms job.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Good for you, too bad you picked the Air Force. Dig those bus driver uniforms.

You sound smart, you should have gone Navy.

well i didnt want to work 150 hours a week. air force is better than navy.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
...I can only congratulate you my friend!

Avionics/communications/intel/etc... is a business you can AND will learn while being paid by Uncle Sam. Go to as many schools as you can! Learn as much as you can! Get as much as you can! In 5-10-20 years you'll be sitting in the cat-bird seat watching others struggle...

Not everyone who goes in the military carries a gun. In fact, when you look at ALL the people who make up the military, the % who actually get in harms way are relitively small! More people die in auto crashes than in the military.

As a former Marine and 9-11 WTC survivor (I was in the building) I am ALL for a strong military to defend our freedoms as a nation!

Go my little brother - and be safe - Godspeed be with you...

Thanks for carrying the banner....

Semper Fi!

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
little?

im 6'6''

top topics

join