It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Dimension or Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Off and on throughout my life I have had a number of dreams where in the dreams I was still me, but slightly different where I had different levels of confidence, abilities, talents, etc.
Usually, the same people I know or have some association with in my life are also in the dreams. However, the relationships I have with these people usually are much different then what my real life is. I.e. married to a woman who is my friend in this life or someone who has little significance in this life plays a very important roll in the dream, etc.
When I have these dreams, they have a lasting effect on me or I may feel odd for a day or more carrying the feeling of the dream.
Lately, the numbers of these dreams have been increasing and it dawned on me that perhaps these dreams are actually my life but in parallel dimensions.
I really know nothing about other dimensions or parallel dimensions and the thought of them sort of bothers me because I am not sure where the soul fits in. I am also wondering how man other parallel dimensions could there be. Could the number be infinite?
These dreams differ from my normal dreams and they are on the increase.
Comments please.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have had numerous experiences like the one you have mentioned, where the dream is as vivid, if not more vivid, than waking life. I have wondered the same thing, if it is just me journeying into my creating subconscious or if I am, infact, transversing parallel realities.

I remember one dream where I was unable to wake up in the correct reality, and I had over a dozen false awakenings. I eventually started freaking out in my dream, thinking I was stuck in another reality or even in a coma. I knew that I had gone to sleep i my reality, but I was no longer there. When I finally did wake up I was relieved. This experience has stayed with me for many years, and it was but one of the many that I have had.

So know that you are not alone.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
it's all CERNS fault.
no, seriously, people talk about this much more in the last 5 years or so, so at first one would think it's happening more often, but i disagree. I think that it coming more into discussion is only a symptom of the information age and our ability to discuss it in real time on forums like this. Kinda like blue car syndrome. (you know, when you buy a brand new blue car, all the sudden it seems like EVERYONE and their brother has a blue car) only my opinion, but i think this applies to a lot of things discussed on here, it's not happening more often; it's just getting discussed more often.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I have had a few dreams where I knew I was dreaming but could not stop the dream or wake myself up.
Have you had an increase in these possible parallel dimension dreams/visits lately?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If you read up on the philosophy behind Buddhism they believe in reincarnation in that you will live a number of lives or incarnations but the souls/individuals in each are the same but play different roles in your life.

If you look at people who claim to be soulmates or those that felt that they've met someone before. This is all tied in together to their past lives.

The parallel dimension is the dream state in which our spirit/soul transcends out of the physical body to the spiritual realm where time as we know it doesn't exist allowing one to see into the past as well as into the future.

This is where deja-vu originates.

The native americans claim that we all have a spirit guide (guardian angel?) who will communicate and guide you through your dreams.

I just read your response SailorAZ and it indicates to me that you're being sent these messages for a reason perhaps its important ?

Try and write down the message you're receiving in these dreams.
When I'm receiving a message or a warning, there is a very clear theme to the overall dream and subsequent message.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by nh_ee]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

The dreams are another dimension existing on the same level that we live in when we are awake, only a level that we cannot see because we have been stripped by our masters of the ability to use our complete brain.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Have any of you experienced a flash of light when you enter a dream, or leave it right the moment you woke up?

Have you ever seen a portal that resembles a bright light? Sometimes kind of has a "flashlight in your eyes" effect?

If yes to either or both, what color of either have you seen? I know it's a strange question, but I just wanted to see if others have had the same experience....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have had these experiences, most of the time it's about love. I'm with a man that I do not recognize but know him in my heart. The feeling of love is so strong that it continues after I'm awake. I often feel sad as the day wears on. Eventually though, the feeling leaves and all is forgotten until I have the dream again. I often wonder if this is something from a parallel dimention...I do not know. All I do know is that it's a very powerful feeling that I've never experienced during conciousness.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
i'm glad this thread has started. hopefully people will continue giving insight, as these types of dreams happen to me extremely often. and also, happen more frequently for the past year or so.

for the record, i am 32 years old and have been happily married for the last 5 years.

i won't get into much detail on any of these dreams, but there have been dozens and dozens that have been so vivid i can still remember some which are years past. the emotion from those dreams remain with me for days, sometimes a week, afterward, whatever the emotion may be. i can easily wake myself up during these dreams, and easily fall back into them, with the intention to do something within the dream, however i try not to significantly alter the dreams too much as i admit i enjoy interfacing with them as they are.

these particular type of dreams most often involve areas or places that are familiar to me for example the neighborhood i grew up, yet are always at least slightly different than what i consciously know them to be, and in some cases very different. some familiar areas often have significantly different structures or buildings, or street layouts, etc, and sometimes they only give an unfamiliar "feeling". also areas that are less familiar, like a neighborhood in another area of the city i grew up in, where i am not consciously familiar with the details, but very familiar with the are and the details of that area in the dreams.

what is probably the most interesting about all of this, to me, is the fact that in a large number of these dreams involve people i have known in my life, usually those who were in my past. often a main character is my "first love", although the circumstances within the dream vary. also other people who i havent thought consciously about for over a dozen years, in some cases much longer, from old friends to most often people who were only aquantances of mine, such as people who i only saw riding the bus to and from school. many times it takes me months to even remember the first names of these people, yet my dreams are littered with them. it should also be noted that my relationships with these people in the dreams, are always extremely different that whatever relationship i had (or didnt have) with them when i was a just a young school girl.

lastly, i believe that in these dreams i am definitely myself, though i do feel differently about myself in most ways within the dream than i do in waking. sometimes physically, sometimes emotionally. an interesting example would be, say if i hadn't (sorry if this is too much information) shaved my legs in a few days, in my dreams there may be a situation where i was wearing a bathing suit,or shorts, or sometimes nothing (
), and i'll remember that i hadn't shaved in a few days and get conscious of that fact in my dream, then look for a way to cover myself up or to see if anyone present in the dream has noticed, only to find my legs are smooth like i just had them waxed. this often gives me the feeling, within the dream, that i am not in my normal body, and sometimes i also notice i've lost some weight, or whatever else. my self awareness is definitely different in multiple ways in these dreams, but im fairly certain i am me in these dreams.

i have spent some time writing my dreams, or doing dream drawings, but alot of these particular dreams i feel might weird my hubby out, or at least make me feel slightly uncomfortable, considering they often include an ex. he is extremely understanding and i don't fear he would be exactly upset or anything, i just dont want him (or myself) to feel uncomfortable, especially because of those dreams involving an ex where i have any kind of love or sexual type relationship with. but also, most of the dreams i really dont even have to document, as i really remember a large amount of detail from them. this also goes for about 98% of all of my dreams, including ones different than the type ive explained in thispost

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
wow, sorry, i cant believe i used up all 4000 characters in that last post. anyway, i will finish up here.

im curious to hear if anyone has any insight about these kinds of dreams, or what i should be looking for to somewhat interpret anything in them. im not sure if specific scenarios should be brought to the table when analizing dreams. thanks!

sitara

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sitara

For the last 25 years, I have had a doppelganger. Other people have seen her with me, but I never have. Sometimes we've shared dreams together, where her world and this world meet. I'd say your dreams of a parallel dimension are the truth.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Jheysoda & Sitara,
I know exactly how you feel. Those type of dreams and the feelings they give you are what I was referring to. It really does seem like it is an alternative exsistence or pther dimension.

If their are many alternative futures, imagine if they are running parallel to the one we are in now.

new topics

top topics

join