It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and their Agendas~~ is it smarter to have a neutral viewpoint ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
how can any of us have a decisive belief when it comes to Aliens and what their true agenda is when there is no proof that shows what they actually are and what they are really up to ?

many people believe that Aliens/E.T.'s are here to help us and many people believe that they have a bad or evil agenda. can anyone truly know what their intentions are ?

what i find most disturbing about this is , people try to influence other people into believing their perspective such as the Scientologists and Galactic Federation followers and the people that believe that Aliens are from the Devil...they will and do go out of their way to recruit more followers and believers when they in fact cannot prove any of their beliefs.

i believe that aliens are visiting this planet based on my own personal experience and research but i have a hard time understanding how anyone can take a side on this issue when nothing can be proven either way.

so is it smarter or more logical to have a neutral viewpoint or scientific viewpoint on why aliens might be visiting this planet and what their true agenda is ?

neutral viewpoint means not taking a side but considering all sides of the coin...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
check out a similar idea on this that a fellow member posted last night:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
a good question

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sure I would agree with that statement .
Everyone really should keep an open mind about everything anyway
Because we all know that things are not always as they appear to be
And there are lies lies and more lies everywhere *(yes even Religions lie)

If an Alien were to actually come and talk to me
I would talk with them just to see what they want and what they wanted with me.Before I decided whether they were alien,angel,devil,or man made even.

I used to read another message board that is really heavy into Star Children etc And Aliens .The lady who said she was a Star Seed hated me right off the bat (I guess because I didnt agree with her on many things about her alien friends) She says they visit her every night .She even said they were like real (she could actually touch them and feel them) Anyway she got so mad at me eventually that she said her Aliens were coming to visit me to show me a thing or two .I told her ..well send them on ..I will be waiting to meet them .I also told her what nice little friends that you can use them like a pitbull to sick them on people who dont agree with you ..
Well needless to say they have not shown up yet lol .
But I am still waiting because I would like to tell them a thing or two too .lol

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

thank you for your reply

that is exactly what i am talking about, people trying to force their beliefs onto other people and when they don't get their way it seems they become irate or disgruntled at the fact that you won't put on the blinders like they have..

i can't believe she actually threatened you with Aliens coming to get you...

interesting story...thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Your very welcome
I find that most of the Alien believers at least the New Agers are just about as bad as most Christians in trying to get others to join up or believe what they believe.
I personally dont care if anyone believes like I do or not .(really I dont) I do love to share what I believe with others though ,And I wish that everyone would at least hear all sides to the stories before making up their minds one way or the other.

And for the life of me I cannot even see why anyone gets mad about just talking about what they believe or dont believe ,Or reading what others believe,Well unless someone is just plain out being rude and hateful about it .(then I can see why they would get mad)
That makes no sense to me at all .

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

thanks for your reply,

yes it is a very good question in my opinion and i believe the only way for me to understand this enigma is to be un-biased and be open to all the possiblity's untill something can be proven.

the next question is....

can anything actually be proven ?

thanks for the link and the story in that thread is another example of wild speculation and conjecture and leads people down a path of possibly believing in something that is not true.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
[can anything actually be proven ?]

Well I suppose some things more than likely cant be proven.YET anyway lol
But if an alien did come to my door I would believe they exist then for sure .
But who they are and where they are from would be what I wouldnt be able to prove because they could be lieing to me .
Of course then trying to convince my friends that I saw an alien would be pretty tricky without actually asking the alien to come with me to their houses and prove to them too that they do in fact exist .

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I find that most of the Alien believers at least the New Agers are just about as bad as most Christians in trying to get others to join up or believe what they believe.
I personally dont care if anyone believes like I do or not .(really I dont) I do love to share what I believe with others though ,And I wish that everyone would at least hear all sides to the stories before making up their minds one way or the other.

thanks again...i find your logic a breath of fresh air
and we are on the same page of viewpoints.

i knew the topic of religious beliefs would come into play here because there are similarities in the two and it seems that ufology has become a religion.

so if it is viewed as religion then similar results are going to occur and your going to have beliefs forced upon you. does a human try to do this to appease his own personal insecurities ?

unless someone has some inside information that the rest of the world does not know then the only logical way to look at this is like you said...

" I wish that everyone would at least hear all sides to the stories before making up their minds one way or the other "

very well put
i like your thinking

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

[can anything actually be proven ?]

Well I suppose some things more than likely cant be proven.YET anyway lol
But if an alien did come to my door I would believe they exist then for sure .
But who they are and where they are from would be what I wouldnt be able to prove because they could be lieing to me .
Of course then trying to convince my friends that I saw an alien would be pretty tricky without actually asking the alien to come with me to their houses and prove to them too that they do in fact exist .

well there has been an argument or discussion lately that eludes to the fact that it's impossible to prove you exist...
but that's for another thread.

but your onto the right idea as far as an alien may or could be lying or trying to deceive you. who would know either way ?

that's exactly why i find it crazy that people can have a decisive decision when judging these aliens. there are too many unknowns to have a conclusive belief in my opinion.

not sure if your friends would like the idea of you bringing an alien to their house ?....
at this point i can't say that i want to meet an alien

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It makes sense to take a neutral viewpoint. After all, we humans are capable of good, evil, and everything in between. By taking a neutral viewpoint, it's easier to see things as they are.

People who put a good or bad spin on something tend to see only half of the picture.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thanks ..

[does a human try to do this to appease his own personal insecuritie]

Yeah I believe that could be one of the reasons

[well there has been an argument or discussion lately that eludes to the fact
that it's impossible to prove you exist... but that's for another thread.]

Who knows lol ,all I know is that I can feel myself and I can see me in the mirror ,oh and others can see me too lol ..

[but your onto the right idea as far as an alien may or could be lying or trying to deceive you. who would know either way ?]

Well for one most people when they lie cant seem to remember what lies they told just two minutes ago .I find it really easy most of the time to see when they are lieing to me,They usually end up tripping up with their own words (Of course you would have to be listening intently to catch that ) lol my ex was a habitual liar and he was really good at it ,It was the contradictions in what he was saying that helped me know when he was lieing or not .

[that's exactly why i find it crazy that people can have a decisive decision when judging these aliens. there are too many unknowns to have a conclusive belief in my opinion.]

Agreed which is why I listen at least to all points .I may not believe in them right now ,but I could change my mind at some point .Thats why I try to leave it open.Things I am not sure about should always stay open in my mind at least.Because hey I dont know everything lol,And I have been wrong many times about many things .And even a few times I thought I knew something about something and found out I knew SQUAT.

[not sure if your friends would like the idea of you bringing an alien to their house ?.... at this point i can't say that i want to meet an alien]

Well some of my friends might just invite them in to have dinner .
And others may just get their guns out and it would be all over ,and would then shoot me to for bringing someone over that strange lol (I live in Texas)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

thanks for your reply Kruel

well it makes sense to alot of people that look at this alien phenomena objectivly and have not brainwashed themselves with beliefs that are unfounded.

i am glad to see you agree with being neutral when considering the many possibility's we are faced with.

many people from what i have seen put these aliens on a pedestal and think they are not capable of the same things as humans are. one has to consider that aliens could have good and bad traits as well.

People who put a good or bad spin on something tend to see only half of the picture.

thank you for that statement because it is the reason i started this thread

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Agreed which is why I listen at least to all points .I may not believe in them right now ,but I could change my mind at some point .Thats why I try to leave it open.Things I am not sure about should always stay open in my mind at least.Because hey I dont know everything lol

you have a great attitude in my opinion and looking before you leap is a smart thing to do. i think admitting that you don't know everything is a sign of knowledge and anyone that say's they know everything about aliens is foolish.

Well some of my friends might just invite them in to have dinner .
And others may just get their guns out and it would be all over ,and would then shoot me to for bringing someone over that strange lol (I live in Texas)

as long as they don't invite them in to be the dinner right ?...

and as far as people shooting first and asking questions later type thing ...i find that to be foolish also because they have preconceived beliefs or possible misconceptions that would make them react that way.

they are not considering all sides of this issue.

thanks again

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I agree with the neutral standpoint as an abductee and for anyone interested in this phenomenon.

There are so many folk that would try to manipulate our preconceptions about the visitors. How many threads have you seen that call the visitors servants of Satan or Lucifer, or just plain evil. On the other side of the scale there are probably just as many 'The visitors are our friends' 'angelic beings' and that they will save us from global warming blah, blah, blah.

I think that objectivity is a better word than neutrality. I still think that if you find an abductee's account that colours the visitors in a bad or positive light, that we should still read it and judge for ourselves how much useful information we can gain from it. When weighing the data then it is necessary to be as objective as possible.
The heavily positive or negative stories are certainly a lot more entertaining, but usually the writer is trying to force their views onto the readers by packing their stories with emotion and quite often their philosophies can be quite attractive. If we can just remember to remain as objective as possible then we will be able to resist the pretty window dressing and see most of the stories for what they are, fun to read little fantasies designed to force a unipolar point of view upon the world.

As an abductee I often find that the fear going into an experience is so overwhelming that if I carry a particular preconception about them, that it will unbalance myself to the point that I will plummet into total freezing, primal, body terror.

If my preconceptions are that the visitors are good then I will be terrified that they may prove me wrong and if I believe that they are going to harm me or don't have my best interests at heart, then I will be instantly overwhelmed by fear.

I wrote a bit about this in back 2005 on the intro to my website, which can be found in my profile signature.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Martindoolittle

thanks for your reply and sharing your experiences with us

i have not experienced what you have and i find it interesting that you are still trying to find some neutrality in your experiences. i knew the abduction angle would come up in this conversation and i have read about many episodes that other people have had.

most abduction cases that i have read about imply that these alien abductors are up to no good and the abductees are mostly terrified from there experience. so i can completely understand why some of them side with the theory that they are evil.

i have also read about aduction cases that were on the positive side so it certainly remains a mystery, so with two opposing scenarios how can anyone discern the truth ?

i don't really know if i was abducted and cannot remember so i don't have that perspective like you do. so it remains an unknown for me and another reason to be Neutral on my viewpoint.

in your case i have to say that i don't know if having a neutral viewpoint is good or not ?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi Martin
I would really love to hear your first hand experiences about your abductions.
I clicked on your links but it said page not found.

I have read alot about these abductions because I wanted to know why they are happening.I really do not doubt wether it happened to them or not,what I I am not real sure about is if they actually were abducted like bodily or if it happened right in their bed in their own rooms and they just felt like they went somewhere (like maybe some sort of mind control type thing) .I am just not sure about any of it really and would like to know more from someone I know who I could trust to tell me the truth about what happened to them.Some people I have read about ,you can tell they just want to sound cool like look something happened to me that didnt happen to you type of deal ..and I have to move on when I hear their stories .

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
[in your case i have to say that i don't know if having a neitral viewpoint is good or not]

I would have to agree with that for sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
[in your case i have to say that i don't know if having a neitral viewpoint is good or not]

The thing is that there is no escaping this phenomenon, so if I believe that I am being cased by demons then I am liable to never get a good nights sleep again in my life. You would think that thinking of them as angelic being would help, but it really doesn't. The trouble is that the visitors give us almost nothing to base our preconceptions on, plus every encounter starts out with a kind of nerve clanging body terror, so eventually doubt is going to creep in and the slightest bit of doubt is going to send me crashing into a state of near psychotic paranoid state of terror.

I am finding that the best way to view the fear is as a physical symptom of being near to the visitors. I don't know whether it is a method of control, or whether it is just a natural psychological reaction to the visitors building a telepathic link with me. I once heard Jeremy Vaeni mention in a recent interview of his; that he thought it may just be the way that the visitors get us up to a fast enough mental speed to be able to communicate with them.

Just imagine an old car in a race, to get up to a competitive speed you might use Nitrous oxide. Now imagine that the car is your mind and that the nitrous is replaced with adrenaline. What better way than inducing a state of terror for dropping a huge dose of adrenaline into your system?

I think that this makes a lot of sense, but it is just one theory in sea of them.

Here is a link to my site, for my story.

In brief I have had a lot of encounters, throughout my life but I only tend to remember the very start and if I am lucky the very end of them.

I do have some vague memories of talking with the visitors and I have met quite a variety of races. I am a fairly good sketch artist and have drawn the beings that I can remember as best as I can and posted them on my site.

12 years ago I was regressed and recounted three separate encounters. Coincidentally I will be getting regressed again tomorrow, which is part of the reason that I have been posting so much on ATS recently.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Martindoolittle

thanks again for sharing your story,

The trouble is that the visitors give us almost nothing to base our preconceptions on

well if they did provide you with something to help clarify who they are and what they want...how would you know if it was the truth or not ?

see this is a problem...because there are to many unknowns when considering what an Aliens objective is.

well good luck with it and thanks again

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
[in your case i have to say that i don't know if having a neutral viewpoint is good or not]

I would have to agree with that for sure.

someone going thru an experience like that would have more insight to what they are dealing with than i would. so they will have to try to figure out what stance is best for them imo.

you would still have to consider that he may never find out what is really happening to him and that's another reason for me not to take sides.

i was also thinking about when people say... " this race of aliens comes from such and such galaxy."

how can anyone say for sure that these Aliens are from such and such galaxy or star system when there is certainly no way to prove it ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join