It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of windows OS?google chrome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is Googles goto piece. Traditional OS's will become a thing of the past as the years move on. People will be using services supplied by the likes of Google with embedded applications (ie. google docs). In doing so typical end users will only need a light browser (ie. Chrome) to access their apps. Obviously there are exceptions though. There is something to be said about have total portability for your applications and not being tied down to 1 PC. With the handheld revolution underway (iphone, smartphones, etc.) it just seems to make sense.

Still I don't trust the bastards any further than I could throw them.

brill

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Still I don't trust the bastards any further than I could throw them./quote]That is the biggest problem with "software as a service" system, if you do not really have the software (and in some cases the files you make with the software) than having a computer is useless, your ability to work becomes even less reliable than now.

Now we need computers and software working as they should, with the "new" (that is not so new) model, we need a working computer, Internet link and software provider, if anything fails we are stuck, and while we can have access to our computers we do not have control of the Internet or the software.

<< 1   >>

join