It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some helpfull answers please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have known about the Masons since I was 12. My great uncle was a mason. The RWPM of a lodge is my friend. I've researched the society, and am seriously considering joining. I just would like to get a few facts straight from some members I don't know and don't know me. I don't want people telling me what I want to hear so like good cop bad cop i'm asking questions of several people and seeing if the stories add up. Just being smart. This would be a huge life decision, and i'm sure the fraternity would look kindly upon someone who researches and verifies facts before acting on them. Plus the web is full of a bunch of crap, some stinkier than the rest, and I would like to make sure my info is quality. I respect ATS and therefore thought I would inquire on this site to shore up my research. I'm familiar with many of the technical terms used in the society, own the Lexicon of Freemasonry (available at most bookstores), have read all of Duncan's Ritual (I understand it's said to be outdated), etc... I've also researched many of the ancient mystery schools and at this point feel the craft is probably influenced by if not a continuation of one or more of them. Pythagoras if alive today would probably be a mason, right? So by responding to and answering some of the things i'm not clear upon to the best of your ability without divulging secrets you are helping this seeker of truth upon his path. Isn't that what the ATS community about? My heartfelt thanks to all who have helped shed some light and to those who will help in the future. I am considering this move within the near future, so if I seem insistent it's only because the time draws near for me to make a decision.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by siahchi
Really curious about this one... I understand the organization is not religious, however I can't help but notice the emphasis on the old testament. Is the ritual the same the world over? Say for instance do they replace solomon with krishna in India? Anyone still read this thread?
The ritual work in Masonry is allegorical. I've never heard of the characters being replaced regionally, but I suppose there's no reason why it shouldn't or couldn't happen. When Masons talk about King Solomon in the lodge its not necessarily the literal Solomon so much as the role he represents in the stories that are told, if that makes any sense.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
*snip* (double reply)

[edit on 9/5/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by siahchi
Really curious about this one... I understand the organization is not religious, however I can't help but notice the emphasis on the old testament. Is the ritual the same the world over? Say for instance do they replace solomon with krishna in India? Anyone still read this thread?

I believe the lectures are the same in all lodges and use the same characters. They echo some old testament/torah/cabalah themes but aren't directly taken from them.

Also, they are portrayed as fictional allegories and not the truth of events that actually happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I see.. How to explain the unexplainable? Allegory! Makes sense. Thanks guys!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join