learn more

obama words;what he really thinks of white folks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Have you read the book most of these pieces come from? I didn't think so. He was talking about when he was a teenager talking to a group of his buddies while playing basketball. His friend first said, "That’s just how white folks will do you"

And it was there that I would meet Ray and the other blacks close to my age who had begun to trickle into the islands, teenagers whose
confusion and anger would help shape my own.

“That’s just how white folks will do you,” one of them might say when we were alone. Everybody would chuckle and shake their heads, and my mind would run down a ledger of slights: the first boy, in seventh grade, who called me a coon; his tears of surprise-“Why’dya do that?”-when I gave him a bloody nose. The tennis pro who told me during a tournament that I shouldn’t touch the schedule of matches pinned up to the bulletin board because my color might rub off; his thin-lipped, red-faced smile-“Can’t you take a joke?”-when I threatened to report him. The older woman in my
grandparents’ apartment building who became agitated when I got on the elevator behind her and ran out to tell the manager that I was following her; her refusal to apologize when she was told that I lived in the building. Our assistant basketball coach, a young, wiry man from New York with a nice jumper, who, after a pick-up game with some talkative black men, had muttered within earshot of me and three of my teammates that we shouldn’t have lost to a bunch of 'n-word's; and who, when I told him-with a fury that surprised even me-to shut up, had calmly explained the apparently obvious fact that “there are black people, and there are 'n-word's. Those guys were 'n-word's.”

That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.

"Dreams From my Father" - Barack Obama 2004

Just because someone talks about white folks and black folks doesn't mean they're racist. Remember, Barack Obama's mother is white.

Believe whatever you want. Bathe in your ignorance. Enjoy the tepid stench of not knowing anything about the CONTEXT of these comments. And then vote for 8 more years of George W. Bush.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The most racist thing I've noticed Obama to do was the way he threw his white grandmother under the bus for being racist, during that first speech, when he could no more disown Reverend Wright because he felt it salty to keep sucking up to that prancing delusional dumb-ass...
I mean think about it, however liberal and loving and down with the cause she was, she must inevitably have experienced many unpleasant and cringe-making social moments, raising her non-white-looking grandson...it didn't make her life easier, she suffered for his sake, she was loyal, she economized to pay for his education...
So now finally things are going good, he's running for president, she can feel so proud...then from out of nowhere he holds her up for a national tsk-tsk blame game as racist - And in service of what? To keep making nice with an intellectually dishonest fool of a preacher, a game he could have seen was running out its clock...He acted like he was never one with her, she was just a white person, one of them white people who made him feel bad He threw her under the bus and exposed her to shame for the most weak trivial disloyal reasoning, an old lady...What he had with her didn't count compared to his black racial identification...Which is okay fundamentally I guess...
But i just can't believe he didn't realize what an unappealing display it was...throw grandma under the bus...even most drunks could avoid acting like that on camera...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I just still can't get over the fact that he agreed with Rev. Wright enough to keep attending his church. He must harbor animosity towards white people. I am very uncomfortable with a President that thinks this way.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What part of any of my post did you come to the conclusion that I thought he was a racist?In the first post I said that I didn't feel he was racist...and in another post I said I DID NOT MAKE THE VIDEO...I simply posted it for members opinions...I believe that is what we do here right? discuss these issues? You stating that I am bathing in my own ignorance shows you did not read the posts of the thread.You apparently just picked out what you wanted.
Again...I could care less if he is or not a racist...I am not voting for him because I don't feel he would be the best choice for the country....Nothing to do with his color. I am also not voting for McCain who would just be a continuation of the same status quot we have had for 8 years.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I just hope all these folks threatening to riot and cause race wars if Obama isn't elected realize that we supposedly have FEMA camps all over the country just waiting to be filled up. I've wondered who the camps were for. I still don't know, but I do believe the camps may exist.

If Obama loses and the country goes nuts I will blame the mainstream media -- especially CNN, MSNBC, and the major networks for fawning over Obama and failing to fully investigate him all the while criticizing first Hillary Clinton and now McCain and Palin. They have given Obama's supporters the feeling that he is invincible when in reality he may not be at all.

Somebody needs to prepare all these young people that elections don't always go your way and your candidate may very well lose. I certainly hope he does.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Whats "sickening"is your Cliched,guilty white liberal way of thinking.as ALWAYS bring up the past to excuse racist behavior/statements from Minorities,Im guessing that if Mccain belonged to a Church for Twenty years that had a Preacher who followed the racist philosophy of Christian Identity,You would be ok with that?It wouldnt disturb you at all,right??
and when did Barack ever have to sit in the back of the bus or drink from a whites only water fountain?this guy grew up in a white family,completely abandoned by his Nigerian father,and then he starts embracing this Reverend Wright guy?To hell with him

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Excellent post LA. How many times has this issue come up with these outakes from his books with no context or time frame mentioned. Read the leading and following sentences and, in most cases, you will see these statements in a different light. Think about how you may have felt as a youth in a different time and place in America. I live in the southeastern US. Trust me, just breathing air means I must be a white racist who walks around barefoot in overalls, chewing and spitting tobacco and stringing up every black person I see at sundown.
Now, someone copy and paste the previous sentence so that it can be used as negative race-hating against me should I ever run for president or public office.
See how stupid that looks and how out of context that could be if someone just read a single sentence without context?
I have plenty of reasons not to vote for Obama, but racism is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

geeze Dronetek, generalize much?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Those quotes are excerpted in a way to make them seem more nasty than they were, and yet they still didn't seem awful. It was all part of his narrative about growing up in a white culture, starting to mistrust whites in his older youth, and learning to trust everyone again. But you can just pick out a non-existent hate from it if you want.

Look, I'm so white that I almost glow in the dark. Scottish, English, French... and I admire the hell out of this guy. He's exactly the bridge we need between races and classes and groups for the 21st Century.

But stay in the 19th Century if you want.

Farewell.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Damn liberal racists!!! Turn on the RNC and see what america is all about!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Believe whatever you want. Bathe in your ignorance. Enjoy the tepid stench of not knowing anything about the CONTEXT of these comments. And then vote for 8 more years of George W. Bush.

Wow, now if that isn't an ignorant biased statement in it's own, then what is.

Deflect and attack - the BH way.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
As I said in the other thread....

When this world of people begin to see their fellow human beings as "human beings" and not white, black, brown, red, whatever...then and only then will the human race be truely grown up.

So....go grow up and get over this nonsense of race BS..this is the year 2008 moving into 2009 for pete's sake.

Its not the 1960's anymore!!!

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

When this world of people begin to see their fellow human beings as "human beings" and not white, black, brown, red, whatever...then and only then will the human race be truely grown up.

So....go grow up and get over this nonsense of race BS..this is the year 2008 moving into 2009 for pete's sake.

Its not the 1960's anymore!!!

Well said, now let that race baiting Democrat Nominee Obama know that and we'll have clean election. Somehow, don't think that is going to be the case, nor has it been so far.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Funny how nobody mentions obamaniator and the CFR. Same w/clinton. Does anybody ever realize were giving bombs, arms, training to other countries basically fueling fire..

Its just like how the media won't cover Ron Paul no more than paris hilton. Do the people running the cameras and networks see what's going on? Much less the sheeple.

Go Ron Paul!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i really wanted to comment as a person of color but i feel like i would be wasting my time, if you dont have a clue by now you never will, blessings

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It is obvious to any rational person that Obama is a closet racist, allthough I don't think it's really that hidden, I think he's been pretty blatant about it. But take the bias haze out from your point of view and you can clearly see the man for what he is, him and his wife. I believe his wife is more racist though, I hate that lady with so much fury.

I just don't understand what is going on, this guy is not competant in life. You don't go to a racist church for 20 years and not notice that your going to a racist church, I meen it's like they think were all so stupid. I don't care about your words, say whatever you want, I will look at where you have been and what you've done, that speaks so much louder than words. Lee Anoma and people like that are complete and utter nut jobs, don't be fooled.

Even Oprah briefly went to that church but was very quick to duck out of it, hmmm wonder why. I just can't believe how stupid this country is getting. Obama is like this lady at my work, she's had 2 raises and leap frogged over more qualified people, she gets payed more than everyone and she is by far the laziest, whiniest lady you have every seen, she is grossly under qualified for her position and salary, she has used her race in arguments to get what she wants and threatened to make a big stink if they didn't give her time off for "stress". She is what Obama represents, people getting what they don't deserve because they are black. God dang, we are truly getting dumber and dumber.

And it's not fair to the hard working and honorable African Americans who have earned what they get. And it's not fair to the whites, asians, hispanics and others. Everyone sees it and everyone knows it. It's so crazy.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Stop whining and trying to REWRITE and CENSOR history.

Reminds me of Oregon's attempt to rewrite its own history:

www.drbilllong.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I believe the real question is: does it matter?
We all know the President is just a figurehead.
Right?

It's all a scam.

I mean, don't "they" want you to only have 2 choices?
White or Black
Left or Right
Gay or Straight
Pro Life or Pro Choice
Good or Evil
Pizza or Hamburger (Ok so I'm really hungry so I added this one to the list)

The problem, as the Architect (the Matrix) states, is choice. Give us a choice, and control us all.

Haven't you ever thought it strange how dead equal the polls are? You think it's by chance that this country is 50/50?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Barack Obama' books are not autobiographical, they're works of fiction. They're full of composite characters, made up dialogues, and facts that are presented in less than a realistic chronological order. If you truly believe you know him from these books, you're sadly mistaken. Obama presents things only in the most positive light for himself.

But if you're Barack Obama, and you write a fake memoir like Dreams From My Father, the New York Times will make all sorts of excuses for you that they would never make for an ordinary human being like James Frey or Margaret B. Jones, and all you have to do is bury a few disclaimers in a new introduction.

In the [new] introduction, Mr. Obama acknowledged his use of pseudonyms, composite characters, approximated dialogue and events out of chronological order. He was writing at a time well before a recent series of publishing scandals involving fabrication in memoirs. “He was trying to be careful of people’s feelings,” said Deborah Baker, the editor on the first paperback edition of the book. “The fact is, it all had a sort of larger truth going on that you couldn’t make up."

Barack Obama is not a liar! He tells "a larger truth!" So what if he makes it up as he goes along? "Liar" is what you would call an ordinary human being like Margaret B. Jones or James Frey! Maybe they also thought they were telling the "larger truth," but their contracts got cancelled anyway. The New York Times has a different standard for Barack Obama.

Source

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
I believe the real question is: does it matter?
We all know the President is just a figurehead.
Right?

It's all a scam.

I mean, don't "they" want you to only have 2 choices?
White or Black
Left or Right
Gay or Straight
Pro Life or Pro Choice
Good or Evil
Pizza or Hamburger (Ok so I'm really hungry so I added this one to the list)

The problem, as the Architect (the Matrix) states, is choice. Give us a choice, and control us all.

Haven't you ever thought it strange how dead equal the polls are? You think it's by chance that this country is 50/50?

To piggyback, their isn't a choice. Make the people believe that they have the power to choose but only give them choices that are predetermined by other powers. Polar opposites to cover all opposing views! The entire system is created to entice people to focus on why we are so much different instead of the ways we are alike. Are you black or white, democrat or republican, pro abortion or anti abortion, pro gay or anti gay, liberal or conservative. The candidates that are paraded around as so different are controlled by the same people, they really care less who you pick. They accomplish two goals: they (Bilderber, Illuminati, etc.) continue to be the ones who pull the strings, and they keep the population controlled through division. Tower of Babel, if the people of America or the world for that matter ever truly united based off of our similarities we truly could accomplish the remarkable and would be no limit to the possibilities and achievements, but the powers in control know in order to control the masses they must keep us from being of one voice and of like mind. Wake up, how different are the messages you are hearing? Are we truly so different? We are 99.9% alike, the .1% that make us different include things such as our opinion, color, and various other small genetic nuances, when will we stop focusing on the .1% and start focusing on the 99.9?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join