It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones - This guy turns truth into horror movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
To address some of your points....Looks like you didn't go to his old infowars.com website; back when it had this conspiratorial look to it. His new site looks like bright daylight compared to the old one.

Anyway, my point to you is, do you know how much is it to run a server, to pay for bandwidth, electricity bills, server maintenance, etc? You said it yourself, you're not doing anything. Why don't you try buying a couple of servers, installing those, running those, and then set up your own site giving out the information for free? You can make a simple video, upload it to your site, and then have people download it from your server. Ever tried that before? Why don't you give it a try and see how free that is?

I always hear the complaints of people saying, why the hell does Alex have to charge for his videos----well, haven't you seen that all his videos are FREE in the torrents, or that they are on google video? It doesn't take much to find them.

You don't have to buy anything. Now, if you want to be a member of his prisonplanet.tv site, more power to you. But again, nobody is forcing anybody to join. By the way, last time i checked you can catch his podcasts for free. Others even edit the podcast that has all the commercials, and they put out the commercial free podcasts, so is not like you have to listen to the advertisements on the show.

So really, I would understand your complaint if Alex was forcing people to buy videos or if he was taking action about people making copies of his videos or charging for podcasts. But as of today, none of that is happening.
And yet, I'm sure Alex has to pay for bandwidth, server costs, employees, etc. Do you know of a way to have all that happen for free? cause if you do, let us all know!

Then you go on to say that he is using your desire for the truth to make money--well, how much money have you paid to listen to his shows or watch his videos? You also say they are giving you snippets of information; again, all his videos are for free, and there are archives of his shows easily found on torrents. What details are you missing? What snippets are you being given to lure you to buy videos or to pay to listen to the shows?

Now, I personally don't like his videos because I find them too long and sometimes they got superfluous information in them; I just watched the Obama deception the other day, and honestly, I was disappointed with it; I don't think Alex went into enough details in some crucial matters, but he spent some silly times with hotel scenes and car chases. However, I'm not out there making videos or putting out any information, so gotta give the guy respect for that.

Now, Alex has always said on his show to go do your own research and not believe what he says. I listen to the show whenever i see there is an interesting guest on the show, or there is a topic i want to hear about; but many times i can't stand his rants because he complains there is not enough time to cover the news, so if there is not enough time, then he should stop his silly rants, but oh well....I suppose that is his style and either people like it or they don't. But again, I do like the variety of guests he has had in the show, but many times, I think he is ill prepared to interview the people that he has on.

As the other poster said,when he had that zeitgeist movie person on the show, i thought alex did a horrendous job in the interview. Alex kept grunting, interrupting (typical Alex), and not really hitting the guy with the hard core questions he kept complaining about. So why even bother having the guy on the show if he's gonna act like a spoiled child during the interview?

And finally about the fearmongering, that is all perspective. I come from a third world country where my family already survived a war,imprisonment, water shortages, food shortages, so to me, the show comes as a warning to people, not fearmongering. I learned my lesson the first time around, though!

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have just started listening to Alex Jones, and i really can't understand the hate he sometimes gets from american people. I mean, are these people blind! Alot of the stuff he says is backed up by documents, and important witnsess. He has even said stuff that people said was BS, but further down the line, came out as fact.

Yes, he is loud, but he is passionate, something that seems to be missing these days. The bloke should be given a medal for what he has down in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I too am a recent tuner-inner to the show, and share the view that it's not as bad as people make out. What DOES annoy me, though... well, two things: I cannot stand Paul Joseph Watson's voice, and there's a semi-regular guest from "a UK newspaper" (I can't remember his name) who just mongs on about The Left in his smarmy needs-a-slap voice.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Late reply

I agree to a certain degree, he is mongering fear.
But he needs the money, after all, he has a radio show, and for all I know, he uses pretty much money on new equipment etc. I respect him for what he do

peace

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The man is trying to awaken the sleeping American masses to the corruption which is plaguing their government. Incendiary remarks get people more passionate, so if his biggest crime is tying this to global enslavement, then so be it. The fundamental truth is that a small percentage of the world's population controls the large majority of the money, allowing them to spend it to finance their agendas. I'm not so sure about the global enslavement, but the breaking down of barriers and the advent of a one world government is highly likely--it is the ultimate destination when we embarked on our path to globalization. Arguably the largest obstacle to that goal, at this time, is American sovereignty, which its citizens will never give up without a major reason. I like him for highlighting the issues and showing us that there is a select group of people running the show, while giving us the appearance of democracy through the left/right paradigm. I'll forgive him for making everything the end of the world to awaken people to a larger truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Heres a very good clip of Alex Jones from the movie "waking life" that I found for a different thread. He's a powerful orator thats for sure!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Looking4LikeMindz

Bill Cooper destroyed Alex Jones on his show and labeled him as a sensationalist who aspires only to bring mostly rumor mixed with a hint of truth in his show. Bill wouldnt even talk to someone if they called in on his show and sounded like an idiot but Alex takes them all.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by helix1776dragon
reply to post by Looking4LikeMindz

Bill Cooper destroyed Alex Jones on his show and labeled him as a sensationalist who aspires only to bring mostly rumor mixed with a hint of truth in his show. Bill wouldnt even talk to someone if they called in on his show and sounded like an idiot but Alex takes them all.

Yep i agree there.

Shame bill is not with us today. Bill may of come of as arrogant but maybe he did have a right to be, as he really was the only one in the truth movement with any way of generally telling it and getting most things right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join