It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain's running mate Sarah Palin was in Alaskan independence party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

John McCain's running mate Sarah Palin was in Alaskan independence party

www.telegraph.co.uk

News of Mrs Palin's former membership comes as the latest in a string of potentially embarrassing disclosures about her past.

The party has lobbied since the 1970s for the right to hold a referendum on whether Alaska should secede from the United States. Its motto, "Alaska First", contrasts sharply with the John McCain campaign slogan: "Country First."

It seeks "the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska" and aims to be "self-sufficient" by using profits from Alaskan oil and gas resources. It claims that the vote held in 1958 which led to Alaska becoming the 49th state of the US was corrupt and did not offer a proper choice.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just to be clear this is not the Alaskan Independent Party. This is the AIP
which seeks to secede from the US. Ms Palin sent a taped greeting as recently as this year to their convention!!

The Alaskan Independence party AIP leadership was overheard recently instructing their members to "infiltrate mainstream parties"

This is the first secessionist candidate since Jefferson Davis!

I wonder if McCain gets to keep the money recently donated if and when she steps down?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It keeps getting more interesting by the minute. The sceptic in me is questioning the background check by the GOP on this lady - why if all of this is going to come out, pick HER? In one weekend we have this, the brige to no where, her continuing support of an indited criminal in Sen. Allard, out of wedlock daughter (check out Drudgereport for a post on the self confessed "Redneck" who knocked up her daughter), ties to dirty oil deals, and so on. What next and why? Just imagine if McCain goes down and she is running the country. Dobson and Rove would have a field day.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
It keeps getting more interesting by the minute. The sceptic in me is questioning the background check by the GOP on this lady - why if all of this is going to come out, pick HER? In one weekend we have this, the brige to no where, her continuing support of an indited criminal in Sen. Allard, out of wedlock daughter (check out Drudgereport for a post on the self confessed "Redneck" who knocked up her daughter), ties to dirty oil deals, and so on. What next and why? Just imagine if McCain goes down and she is running the country. Dobson and Rove would have a field day.

ColoradoJens

That all seems like a glowing background report so she's probably an ideal candidate for the job.

Does anyone really expect truth, honesty, ethics and morality from a politician?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Obama had ties to Weather Underground that was responsible for several terrorist attacks.

I guess the only difference is that people tend to ignore Obama's past.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Yeah, they blew up a statue when Obama was 8 years old and probably not even living in the US. The evil terrorist leader Bill Ayres was fined for misconduct and is now a professor at a major university.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Can you please post sources? I am interested to learn if any of the wildly fantastic stories have merit. Obama was responsible for several terrorist bombings? Is this true? Why is he not in jail? Who was found guilty, if anyone, of the crimes. How can he be running for President if this is true? Has Mcain spoken about this?

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I was rushed when I last posted...I forgot to add, Trooper-gate, earmarked funds, neo-pentocostal fundamentalist, creationist theory in public schools,
lying about influencing congress etc etc. Your right in asking would I expect anything else. I respond, sadly, no. I feel this way on both sides of the river, but somehow, someway, Obama/Biden seems to make the tiniest bit more sense. In this contex, of course.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 3-9-2008 by ColoradoJens]

new topics

top topics

join