It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin, AIP Membership? Alaska First!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There are many states that have secession movements. Some of them have valid reasons for wanting to secede. One is that Washington flat out don't care.

The American Empire has become a tyrant aggressive abroad and despotic at home. The D.C. polititians 1500 miles away don't care about Texas. The Texas legislature will do a much better job of allowing local Texas communities to govern themselves.

source

here is another source on this topic

middleburyinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

LOL

Now palin is driving a movement that condones states wanting to secede from the Union?

Okay Alaska, i guess you're close enough to Russia you won't have to care, right?

Until they come to over throw your democratic government and you call on us for help

But nah, you seceded, good luck.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Um - the NY Times now say the story is not true:

Alaska Party Official Says Palin Was Not a Member
By The New York Times
The chairwoman of an Alaskan political party that advocates a vote on the state’s secession from the union said Tuesday that she had been mistaken when she said Gov. Sarah Palin was a member of the group.

A front-page story in The New York Times on Tuesday and articles in other news media reported that Ms. Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party for two years in the 1990’s.

The information in the Times article was based on a statement issued Monday night by Lynette Clark, the party’s chairwoman, who said that Ms. Palin joined the party in 1994 and in 1996 changed her registration to Republican.

On Tuesday night, Ms. Clark said that her initial statement was incorrect and had been based on erroneous information provided by another member of the party whom she declined to identify. The McCain campaign also disputed the Times report, saying that Ms. Palin had been registered consistently as a Republican.

After checking the party’s archives, Ms. Clark said that she could find no documentation that Governor Palin had been a member of the party.

-- another anti-Palin rumor bites the dust.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It looks like to me another play set up by big oil to get around the preservation of Federal lands to drill, and she was all for it. Since then she has been groomed by the Gas, Oil, and Petrolium party to do the dirty work from the inside...proof that you can't be a patriot and a Republican at the same time.

there's some serious problems with this lady. Not only was she a member of this, but I understand she even campaigned against her own mother in law when she ran for mayor of that small town up there. Then tonight she insults people who work in the inner city communities. She is in the packet of the extreme wealthy, the elite insiders, the oil companies, the religious right, and then says while looking us all in the eye, that she represents "the people". There's no way McCain picked her. Hell they didn't even know one another. Proof he isn't calling the shots.

This party has gone from really bad to extremely worse, and it keeps getting worse with each day!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I wonder why the media isn't running with this? Isn't her husband still a member of it? Didn't she recently speak at the Alaska independence movement's convention?

Come on guys...there's more here. I'd rathe we be talking about the issues than liberal vs conservative elementary divisive BS...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know, this entire smear campaign against Sarah Palin and her family has gone way too far. First the liberal MSM claims her baby isn't hers, then derides her daughter for being pregnant, then this, and this morning, they started criticizing her for her hairdo.

I guess the liberals only criticize female hair, they seem to have ignored Joe Biden's hairplugs.
She made it very clear in her speech that she wants to serve America, and ALL Americans. The AIP thing is just another excuse to avoid the issues.
Why don't you start talking about issues, and the differences between the Dem ticket and the Rep ticket?

I think I know. Most of the people that support Obama don't even know what he stands for, and what his specific positions are on the major issues.(At the democrat convention, reporters asked young supporters to name one bill that Obama authored-not one could. They then asked the supporters where Obama stood on the issues-again, they couldn't, not one person that was asked.)
He flip-flops so much, it's tough to figure out where he stands on anything.
Tonight, he will tell Bill O'Reilly that the Surge worked.
We're winning the war, we're losing the war, we're winning....losing
We should pull our troups out right away, we should keep them there,...

"Heads, I'm for it...Tails,I'm against it.... Gee, I hope the coin lands on its' side."
-Obama's advisory mechanism

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Here, I will basically lay it all out on the table for you.

Governor Palin was associated with the AIP (Alaskan Independence Party) for a short time back in the 1990's. She has however been with the GOP ever since she was elected Mayor of Wasilla, AK in 1996. It actually turns out that quite a few Alaskan Republicans were at one time or another members of the AIP. The main reasons being that the AIP has a wide range of opinions within their own party. Most of those who are attracted to it are individuals believing in the Preservation of Personal Freedoms, and Liberties, along with Smaller Government and more Individual Independence (Essentially the Spirit of Alaskan hardiness, and the Original Spirit which Drove America). These philosophies more or less fall along with Republican ideologies. The secession ideology belongs to the hardcore minority within the party. Quite a few individuals have actually moved over to the GOP as a result of their distaste with the more extreme personalities within the AIP.

However, with all of that said, you have to remember that the AIP is the third largest political party in Alaska. If you seek certain Political Positions within the state, especially in locales heavily inundated with AIP members, you need their support. In other words, many Alaskans agree that regardless of your deep-seated views, the AIP is a part of the Alaskan Political Landscape. With less than 700,000 Citizens, being able to Practice Bipartisan Politics in Alaska is essential to widespread support, and success. If you truly desire a politician that can bridge gaps, and tear down barriers, then an Alaskan Politician who has proven their ability to do so, such as Palin, should be considered a refreshing face in Washington, D.C.

BTW, I claim no Political Party on here, but I do feel credit is due, where it is due. Certain people in our Society deserve to be admired, regardless of Political Affiliations. Sarah Palin is one of those People.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

As a candidate for Governor, Sarah Palin spoke at the AIP 2006 convention. That's an incredibly interesting fact, that you forgot to mention, so I thought I might throw it in.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Talking about speaking:

Speaking March 28, 2007 at the dedication of the Communist Party, USA archive at New York University Tamiment Library, Horne traces the downward spiral of fortune for Communists in the latter half of the twentieth century. But in the closing paragraphs of his speech, Horne suddenly becomes hopeful, pointing to the arrival of what Obama might describe as "the ones we have been waiting for."
"...in Hawaii was an African-American poet and journalist by the name of Frank Marshall Davis, who was certainly in the orbit of the CP (Communist Party) -- if not a member -- and who was born in Kansas and spent a good deal of his adult life in Chicago, before decamping to Honolulu in 1948 at the suggestion of his good friend (and Communist Party member) Paul Robeson. Eventually, he befriended another family -- a Euro-American family -- that had migrated to Honolulu from Kansas and a young woman from this family eventually had a child with a young student from Kenya East Africa who goes by the name of Barack Obama, who retracing the steps of Davis eventually decamped to Chicago. In his best selling memoir ‘Dreams of my Father', the author speaks warmly of an older black poet, he identifies simply as "Frank" as being a decisive influence in helping him to find his present identity as an African-American...."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

As a candidate for Governor, Sarah Palin spoke at the AIP 2006 convention. That's an incredibly interesting fact, that you forgot to mention, so I thought I might throw it in.

Yet that very "fact" follows along with exactly what I already stated. Feel free to refer to the "Political Landscape" section of my post.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

No one has yet provided any evidence whatsoever that she was a part of the AIP. Nothing but unsubstantiated reports. So until you are able to provide proof of the allegations that are being made it is you who is the "DRONE".

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Do you even know what a "smear campaign" is? it's a "smear" when it's name calling and a bunch of garbage that isn't substantiated. What you are seeing about Palin, is statements based on facts. When someone says something about her speech or what she has said or things she has done that are wrong or false and it's backed up with fact, that is not a "smear". That's called debunking, and proving statements made as false otherwise refered to as lies. That is not "smear".

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

so then somone who is on the Presidential ticket who has a history of being a membor and speaking at a convention for a party that says they are against the institutions of America and wants to succeed from the Union, should get a free pass? Huh?

This is the nuts. why do you support her unless you are anti United States?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I dont think its been mentioned yet, but Obama and Biden voted for the Akaka bill, which set in motion Hawaii's succession from the US.

www.washtimes.com...

Akaka bill seeks ethnic-Hawaiian government

Originally published 12:15 a.m., May 30, 2005, updated 12:00 a.m., May 30, 2005

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

where does that article say that Obama / Biden supports that?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

www.hawaiireporter.com...

"The Senator (Akaka) attempted to backtrack on a highly inflammatory statement he made in a 2005 interview on National Public Radio, during which he admitted the Akaka Bill could lead to Hawaii’s secession from the United States. His 2005 statement, which he unsuccessfully attempted to clarify a couple of days later, sent shockwaves throughout political and media circles across the country."

"The only advocate who was comprehensive and charismatic was Democratic Sen. Barack Obama, D-IL, who shared personal insights as a former resident of Hawaii on how the bill will help Hawaii."

Having trouble finding Biden's vote. Give me a few.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

so then somone who is on the Presidential ticket who has a history of being a membor and speaking at a convention for a party that says they are against the institutions of America and wants to succeed from the Union, should get a free pass? Huh?

That is exactly what YOU are doing with Obama, someone who has KNOWN connections with Communists, and who had a COMMUNIST as his primary mentor in life. It is you who is anti-American, in supporting a Communist supporter:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I dont think its been mentioned yet, but Obama and Biden voted for the Akaka bill, which set in motion Hawaii's succession from the US.

www.washtimes.com...

Akaka bill seeks ethnic-Hawaiian government

Originally published 12:15 a.m., May 30, 2005, updated 12:00 a.m., May 30, 2005

Oh.......you forgot to mention something.

McCain voted for it too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

They forgot to mention that in the other thread on this too. How convenient.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join