It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Daugher vs. Biden's Son -YOU DECIDE!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

3. This thread is in response to the non-stop slamming of Sarah Palin over her daughter getting married and having a baby, and was meant to contrast the two VP candidates' children, and their situations.

I f you would stop bringing it up it might go away. If you look back through the threads yours seem to be the ones that keep popping up and people reply, thus beating the proverbial horse to the death over, and over, and over....or maybe its just because it actually upsets you more than the rest of us?

Fire away, vitriol shield is up and operational.

Did I mention that "Beau" Biden is Attorney General of Delaware.

Get off the lobbiest thing. They are all over Washington right down to your local mayor. Its what they do.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331.

Get off the lobbiest thing. They are all over Washington right down to your local mayor. Its what they do.

I'm not the one who has been on the "lobbyist thing" for the last 18 months. The one person who has incessantly pointed out that lobbyists being involved in the election is Barack Obama.

And now Obama has chosen a running mate who's son is a lobbyist who represents drug companies that get federal money.

Is it that Obama was lying all along about the "lobbyist thing" or does he just have a double-standard?

Now lobbyists are ok?

I'm not sure I get where Obama is coming from.

Of course he said he would filibuster the FISA bill and instead he voted for it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So we're voting either Palin's daughter or Biden's son for VP?

I'm so confused.

Oh wait, no I'm not. I'm disgusted, and in a very clear way.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Thanks, Brit Hume, I will decide.

If you have written a letter to a Senator or Congress person, you are a lobbyist.

Go back to Civics class son and let the adults have an informed debate. If I write a letter to my Senator or Congressman, I am not a lobbyist, I AM A CONSTITUENT. The difference is of course, that the Congressman or Senator is supposed to represent ME AND OTHER CONSTITUENTS, not paid lobbyists for special interests that do not even reside in their district.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just look at how rediculous people are behaving over this nonsense!!!

My God you folks seem to think that 17 year old girls dont have sex or get pregnant!!!

Geez wake up and get out from under your rock!!

Leave this gal alone! Leave Obama's son alone! They are NOT the one's running for office.

If it is this easy to divert attention away from serious issues, then this country is truely on the road to disaster!!!

Sheesh!!!

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Jamie...just for giggles I looked at what threads you have started in JUST THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS...

Palin Loves her Grandchild, Obama See His as Punishment …Sept. 2nd
Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?...Aug 28th
The Brilliance of Sarah Palin for VP…Sept 2nd
Obama Supporters Laugh About Gustav Hitting New Orleans ...Aug 31st
Economy in Recession? More Liberal Lies?...Aug 31st
Putting Gov. Palin Rumor to Rest…Sept 1st
Will Having Poor African Relatives Really Impress World Leaders? Sept 1st
Election 2008's Biggest Secret... Aug 31st
Why McCain chose Govenor Palin Aug 31st

AND NOW THIS ONE. It's hard to take you seriously.

Not as many giggles as the Obama supporters trying to question Palin's experience.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
So tell me jamie, where is the information regarding OBAMA RECEIVING MONEY FROM BIDENS SON? How the hell does this tie Obama to lobbyists? Because his VP choice is related to one?

How does this in any way connect Obama to the lobbyist? Did Obama take money from the Lobbyist so this lobbyist could sway Obama's decisions on the issues?

IT DOESN'T connect him to lobbyists because he hasn't recieved a penny from Biden's son.

Stop making so many threads on a internet website, go outside and see the light of day sometimes, some people are able to see the light but you my friend have dug yourself a nice deep cave in which you can surround yourself with darkness. I'd rather be blinded by the light then lost in the dark

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaynardisGod
Stop making so many threads on a internet website, go outside and see the light of day sometimes, some people are able to see the light but you my friend have dug yourself a nice deep cave in which you can surround yourself with darkness. I'd rather be blinded by the light then lost in the dark

Why?

Jaime's threads are interesting and full of substance unlike the shallow beliefs of the Obama cult.

He is doing us all a great service in warning us about Obama, its a hard job, but it sure looks like a lot of fun.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Hey einstein,

The problem isnt her UNDERAGED daughter being pregnant. The problem is she is a big supporter of abstenance and strongly opposes pre-marital sex. Why dont you learn more about your own candidate and her platforms before you start bashing other people.
Also i have no problem with Bidens son being a lobbyist. Its the game in washington but its HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME that really matters. Just cause Bidens son is a lobbyist doesnt mean Obama will bend over backwards for him.

Sincerely,
Thegreatone

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
All i can say is i have 3 kids not married but i live with my girl friend, it happens everyday in this world. the only reason we say something is because she is in the spot light. remember put your self in there position and have people dig through your life. it is a complete lack of privacy and really not correct for anyone to judge. NO ONE here can say that they have never done something that people would consider wrong. If you you never have then your either to young or lying.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi Jamie and thanks for helping me "decide"

That sure was a "fair and balanced" account if I ever heard one.
Papa bear O'Reilly would be proud.

Of course it is not really relevant because of the sheer GENIUS of electing Palin.
It's sheer BRILLIANCE allows republicans everywhere to comfortably sit back and watch the liberals scurry about in complete disarray, spilling their fancy foamy latte all over the place.
The utter, mind boggling WISDOM in choosing Palin is of course getting more apparent by the hour, as the "unconditional love" of their family, including it's soon to be new member: "shoot sh#t" levi, wash over the convention and the rest of the country, bursting all levees, of sanity and reason.

Did I mention that selecting Palin was GENIUS!!!

oh and could someone inform this Levi guy that he's about to be a happily married husband? We might have to throw in a PS3 and a plasma Tv for good measure...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi, Jamie

Did I mention that "Beau" Biden is the Attorney General of Delaware? (Actually its the third time but you seem to be obsessed with the "lobbiest" thing)

Now that is a dangerous position of power over the political process. I'll bet Mr. Biden is very disappointed that his son has chosen this path, I mean how could he embarrass the family like this?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Obama being involved with Bidens son's lawsuit is like saying that McCain was involved with Palins daughter getting preganent. Just please stop the useless bickering.

Actually, the allegations do involve Joe Biden wanting his son out of the lobbying business so as not to be a point of discussion in the Presidential election.

Joe Biden also votes on how the U.S. government spends money, and the companies represented by his son have received Federal contracts.

So to answer your question, Biden may be deeply involved with his son, whereas Palin labeled as a bad parent and unfit to be POTUS because her daughter has sex.

Like I said, compare the two situations, and decide which is more relevant.

If JOE BIDEN wanted his son out of the racket good on him... Maybe to a rational
human being this would be viewed as BIDEN not wanting any conflicts of interest.

NOT YOU JAMIE or is it JETXNET, YOU HAVE PROVED YOUR NOT VERY RATIONAL...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Leave this gal alone! Leave Obama's son alone! They are NOT the one's running for office.

We're not talking about Obama's son. We're talking about Joe Biden's son. Joe Biden's son is a lobbyist. His job is to convince Senators like his father to give government contracts to the clients he represents.

Clearly this is a relevant issue since there is a potential conflict of interest. I.e., if Joe Biden funnels money our tax money to a company his son represents, and his son receives financial benefit, that would be problematic.

This is what Obama campaigned for 18 months against, and in a lapse of poor judgment put himself in a position to be rightly accused of being a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaynardisGod
So tell me jamie, where is the information regarding OBAMA RECEIVING MONEY FROM BIDENS SON? How the hell does this tie Obama to lobbyists? Because his VP choice is related to one?

How does this in any way connect Obama to the lobbyist? Did Obama take money from the Lobbyist so this lobbyist could sway Obama's decisions on the issues?

IT DOESN'T connect him to lobbyists because he hasn't recieved a penny from Biden's son.

I think you have it ass-backwards.

Lobbyists try to get government officials, say for example Senators like Joe Biden, to spend our tax money by giving it to companies the lobbyists represent. These companies then get millions of dollars and the lobbyists get paid a fee.

So for example, Joe Biden could funnel government money into a company that would make his own son very wealthy. This is how Joe Biden could remain "middle class" while making sure people in his family become millionaires.

Now a lawsuit was filed against Biden's son and brother accusing them of defrauding somebody in a deal in which Biden's son was made President of a hedge fund allegedly so that he wouldn't tarnish the campaign with his position as a lobbyist.

Stop making so many threads on a internet website... I'd rather be blinded by the light then lost in the dark.

I am providing substantive information that was reported by the LA Times and Washington Post about Biden's son. This is infinitely more relevant to the debate over who we elect POTUS than Sarah Palin's daughter being pregnant.

Perhaps if you wish to admonish members to stop making threads about something we all would be better served if you began with the threads about Palin's daughter.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
And I thought you were gonna say he puts out. *Yawn*

Gotta love the "moral majority".....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
17 year old girls get pregnant all the time! It's the press that MAKES a big deal out of it, not regular Americians.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

So for example, Joe Biden could funnel government money into a company that would make his own son very wealthy.

Like Dick Cheney has been?????

Except he just gives it to himself. Give it up. These guys ruined any credibility the right wing had left. You sound like a one man band...

Those who live in glass houses....no, wait.....fool me twice.....shame on us..?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just so we understand that lobbying is present in just about any activity, by just about any politician I thought I'd throw this in. Lobbying can be found in huge federal contracts and who builds the local playground.

John McCain, who made his name attacking special interests, has more lobbyists working on his staff or as advisers than any of his competitors, Republican or Democrat. A Huffington Post examination of the campaigns of the top three presidential candidates in each party shows that lobbyists are playing key roles in both Democratic and Republican bids --although they are far more prevalent on the GOP side. But, all the campaigns pale in comparison to McCain's, whose rhetoric stands in sharp contrast to his conduct.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And just to show I'm at least partially unbiased you can check this out. Lobbying exists everywhere, in all political parties.

Hired Guns: The City's 50 Top Lobbyists

www.washingtonian.com...

Just like retired race horses live out their lives quietly munching grass in a pretty pasture, retired politicians become lobbyists, quietly munching on your money.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I find it ironic that the people attacking Palin are the same people that backed Clinton.
Please, find another issue...The DNC has no morals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join