It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Daugher vs. Biden's Son -YOU DECIDE!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There are many idiotic posts ridiculing Sarah Palin because her daughter had pre-marital sex at the age of 17. Besides being funny listening to liberal democrats make a case for abstinence, it's also amazing that they don't hold their own VP wannabe, Joe Biden, to any similar standard.

First, Biden's son, Hunter Biden, is a corporate lobbyist. One of the cornerstones of Obama's case is that he isn't associated with corporate lobbyists... until now. Now his VP choice is the father of a corporate lobbyist representing drug companies. Coincidentally, number one Obama backer and financer George Soros, runs a biotech hedge fund with Perseus LLC. Perseus LLC is a hedge fund complex, similar to the Carlyle Group, and run by Biderberger members. You can read about Obama and the Bilderburgers here.

LA Times Story on Hunter Biden's Career as Washington Lobbyist

What's more, Hunter Biden, along with Joe Biden's brother, James, have now been named in multi-million dollar lawsuit that alleges that Hunter Biden was made President of a hedge fund because his father and VP candidate, wanted him out of the lobbying business because of the 2008 elections.

Washington Post Story on Lawsuit Against Biden's Son

So for all who are disparaging Sarah Palin because her 17-year old daughter had sex, what do you have to say about Joe Biden's son, and his involvement with corporate lobbyist and the lawsuit?

Don't you think this is a bit more concerning than a 17-year old girl getting pregnant?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wow. So you base your evidence on an article about a PENDING lawsuit that has been going on since 2007 and has yet to have a ruling? Jeesh. Ok. Good one.

IMO, these kids shouldn't be brought in at all. Keep up the propaganda though!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Wow. So you base your evidence on an article about a PENDING lawsuit that has been going on since 2007 and has yet to have a ruling? Jeesh. Ok. Good one.

What evidence?

That Biden's son is a corporate lobbyist representing companies being awarded government work?

Yes, that's incredibly relevant, and in fact is one of the few legitimate reasons to bring a candidate's family into the discussion. The fact that there is a lawsuit been filed means that somebody swore an affidavit stating the allegations were true.

Time will tell if there is any validity to the suit, but it is fact that Biden's son was made President of the hedge fund having ZERO experience in the hedge fund business.

And the point is, what is more relevant?

Biden's son working as a corporate lobbyist or Sarah Palin's 17-year old daughter getting ready to get married and have a baby?

Wow... indeed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks, Brit Hume, I will decide.

Just a reminder. There can be good lobbyists and bad lobbyists. These are groups of people who are paid to communicate a message to the government on behalf of private OR public entities. If you have written a letter to a Senator or Congress person, you are a lobbyist. In this case there is ZERO conflict of interest and NO wrong doing on behalf of the Bidens in terms of lobbying. An $80,000 contract? Sounds pretty harmless to me.

THEN -you link it to Biden Jr. getting a hedge fund - with NO experience. So what? that happens all the time, fathers giving their sons a greater advantage or getting their foot in the door (see GHW Bush ----> GW Bush).

So the Bidens have been convicted of doing nothing wrong, and still you crucify them?

Keep this crap out of the political process. It has nothing to with anything, Palin;s daughter INCLUDED>

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

THEN -you link it to Biden Jr. getting a hedge fund - with NO experience. So what? that happens all the time, fathers giving their sons a greater advantage or getting their foot in the door (see GHW Bush ----> GW Bush).

So the Bidens have been convicted of doing nothing wrong, and still you crucify them?

Keep this crap out of the political process. It has nothing to with anything, Palin;s daughter INCLUDED>

No, lobbyists being made President of a hedge fund and being given a $1.2 million SALARY never happens. If you can find another situation where it did, post it.

Hedge Funds get paid on assets under management and performance. The typical fee is 1% of assets under management and 20% of performance of the fund.

Hedge funds have LLC's or corporations as the general partner. The LLC or corporation receives the management fees. The principles of the fund are the owners of the LLC. Individuals typically do NOT receive a salary for being President of a hedge fund, especially individuals with no background in the business.

And it is relevant because Biden's son represents companies that do have government contracts. Biden is accused of arranging for his son to be paid through the hedge fund so that he wouldn't be linked to the lobbying firm. This IS important, especially if Biden is manipulating investments into the fund so that his son can receive the $1.2 million salary.

Right now it's a civil case. Time will tell how it plays out.

The point is that the situation with Biden's son is infinitely more relevant to the possible election of Biden than a 17-year old getting married and having a baby.

So why is Palin's daughter the subject of non-stop media attention but Biden's son is never discussed?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi, Jamie...
and for another spin....

Joseph R. "Beau" Biden, III took office as Delaware's Attorney General in January 2007.

Guess the whole family isn't "crooked".

Bunny Hugs !!!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

So why is Palin's daughter the subject of non-stop media attention but Biden's son is never discussed?

Because Biden didn't do anything wrong, which is not to say that Palin's daughter did anything wrong, but she is 17 and she is pregant and she IS a dughter of a woman who fights for "family values" and abstinence only sex ed. The media is hyping this inappropriately in my opinion, but there is something to be said about a staunch supporter of abstinence only education has a pregnant teenage daughter.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
wouldn't it be nice if we all lived in a fanasy land. One where in a political race, both sides talked about the issues facing a country today and what they were going to do to make things better. You know, like candyland. They wouldn't stoop to calling each other names, slinging mud, spreading rumors, and all that other stuff that goes on during recess. Oh well, that was a nice thought. Back to reality. I heard from this guy that Obama's wife Michelle doesn't like doing laundry.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

It's called a news cycle. McCain knew about the pregnancy and thought that it was such a non-issue (which I am in agreement with him). Timing was in his court and he misjudged so he will have to deal with the coverage.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Can you explain why the media hasn't spent 5 minutes going over Biden or Obama's family? Do you have an explanation for why Biden's racist comments, previous Iraq war stances and opinions of Obama weren't relevant, yet Palin's daughter's personal life is?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Because Biden didn't do anything wrong,

How can you make this judgment at this stage of the case? He's been accused of wrongdoing. Do you know this is false?

which is not to say that Palin's daughter did anything wrong, but she is 17 and she is pregant and she IS a dughter of a woman who fights for "family values" and abstinence only sex ed. The media is hyping this inappropriately in my opinion, but there is something to be said about a staunch supporter of abstinence only education has a pregnant teenage daughter.

Ok, you think there is something to be said about a staunch supporter of abstinence only education has a pregnant teenage daughter.

Go ahead. Say it.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Then I will compare it to what is to be said about a staunch advocate of keeping corporate lobbyists out of the Presidential campaign selecting a running mate whose son is a corporate lobbyist.

Teenage daughter getting married and having a baby... OMG.... what is the world coming too vs. hypocritical Obama selecting father of lobbyist to run on the same ticket.

You decide which is more relevant.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Yes, because the "genius" plan to overshadow the DNC convention by releasing the RNC VP choice didn't give the dim witted media a chance to do anything. All that hype for Palin really paid off, huh?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Isn't that your tactic? Throw around the term "lobbyist" and "hedge fund" and get people to automatically assume there is wrong doing? Can you PROVE he did anything wrong?

As for your argument about Hedge fund Salaries, he was actually on the low end.

The normal high is around $5 Million a year.

Hedge Fund Salaries

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Jamie...just for giggles I looked at what threads you have started in JUST THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS...

Palin Loves her Grandchild, Obama See His as Punishment …Sept. 2nd
Palin vs. Obama... Who Has More Experience?...Aug 28th
The Brilliance of Sarah Palin for VP…Sept 2nd
Obama Supporters Laugh About Gustav Hitting New Orleans ...Aug 31st
Economy in Recession? More Liberal Lies?...Aug 31st
Putting Gov. Palin Rumor to Rest…Sept 1st
Will Having Poor African Relatives Really Impress World Leaders? Sept 1st
Election 2008's Biggest Secret... Aug 31st
Why McCain chose Govenor Palin Aug 31st

AND NOW THIS ONE. It's hard to take you seriously.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Obama being involved with Bidens son's lawsuit is like saying that McCain was involved with Palins daughter getting preganent. Just please stop the useless bickering.

Is there Proof that Joe Biden is involved with his sons actions? If your a father, and one day you get a call from the juvinile detention center that your son was dealing weed downtown , does that make you invovled? Does that make the fathers friend/co-worker/etc. involved? Most likely not, so before you post something like this look into it yourself without any bias towards anyone whatsoever, than write an educated article or bring up a question so others can look into it and share their OPINIONS.
Does it really matter if Palins Daughter is preginant at seventeen? Does it really matter that Bidens son may have been involved in a crime? Only if Palin was a documented "bad parent" , and only if Biden and his son were linked in the crime.

Of course this is only my opinion, it probably wont raise one eyebrow. It probably doesn't matter to anyone. But remember, your the ones sitting here arguing about the things that they want you to argue about. You get to the bottem of something by finding out for yourself, not by reading an article and all of a sudden your believing it and preaching it to the sheeple that will grab onto anything and go.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Isn't that your tactic? Throw around the term "lobbyist" and "hedge fund" and get people to automatically assume there is wrong doing? Can you PROVE he did anything wrong?

Let me be specific. I do not know if he did anything wrong or not. I do know Obama campaigned repeatedly about not being tied to corporate lobbyists, and he then selected Biden, who is the father of a corporate lobbyist, to be his VP candidate.

So yes, this is wrong on Obama's part. He either should not have blasted the other candidates and made these claims or not have picked Biden as a running mate. In doing so he has shown that his original position was nothing but bs.

As for your argument about Hedge fund Salaries, he was actually on the low end.

The normal high is around $5 Million a year.

No, you are missing the point. The site you linked to is misleading you by referring to the fees as "salaries." I can understand why you would think this.

Hedge fund managers are paid two fees -performance and administrative as I explained earlier. The case involving Biden's son alleges that he was promised a $1.2 million flat SALARY which is highly unusual. Not in terms of the amount, but in terms of the guarantee of a salary. Hedge fund fees are primarily performance based.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Bravo, and I thought I had too much time on my hands, I feel so much better I might even skip my pills this afternoon.
Martha...where's my lunch?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Let me be specific. I do not know if he did anything wrong or not. I do know Obama campaigned repeatedly about not being tied to corporate lobbyists, and he then selected Biden, who is the father of a corporate lobbyist, to be his VP candidate.

So yes, this is wrong on Obama's part. He either should not have blasted the other candidates and made these claims or not have picked Biden as a running mate. In doing so he has shown that his original position was nothing but bs.

So let's do some comparing here.

Dick Cheney is against gay rights, but his daughter is a lesbian. Yet Bush it completely against that.

Say i'm a stripper, (which i'm not) would my mom approve, well no, but I don't think they are going to judge her character because of the choices i've made.

basically my point is, it's his son, his son makes his own decisions he is a grown man. What else does he have to do, disown his son because he's a lobbiest. Your argument is rediculous.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Obama being involved with Bidens son's lawsuit is like saying that McCain was involved with Palins daughter getting preganent. Just please stop the useless bickering.

Actually, the allegations do involve Joe Biden wanting his son out of the lobbying business so as not to be a point of discussion in the Presidential election.

Joe Biden also votes on how the U.S. government spends money, and the companies represented by his son have received Federal contracts.

So to answer your question, Biden may be deeply involved with his son, whereas Palin labeled as a bad parent and unfit to be POTUS because her daughter has sex.

Like I said, compare the two situations, and decide which is more relevant.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

basically my point is, it's his son, his son makes his own decisions he is a grown man. What else does he have to do, disown his son because he's a lobbiest. Your argument is rediculous.

You must not have read the articles.

1. Obama is against lobbyists influencing politicians and campaigns. He's campaigned on this issue more than any over the last 18 months. Obama could have selected ANYBODY for the VP candidate, and yet he picked the father of a well connected, Washington D.C. insider lobbyist who works getting government contracts for his clients.

2. Biden is accused of pulling strings to get his son out of the lobbying business and into the hedge fund business where he was to be paid $1.2 million in salary instead getting paid by his law firm for lobbying. Apparently somebody thinks they got screwed out of money by Biden's son and Biden's brother so they are suing. Time will tell how much Joe Biden was really involved or not

3. This thread is in response to the non-stop slamming of Sarah Palin over her daughter getting married and having a baby, and was meant to contrast the two VP candidates' children, and their situations.

I am only asking which is more relevant, Bristol Palin getting married and having a baby, or Biden's son being a Washington lobbyist accused of bilking somebody out of millions in hedge fund deal that may have been set up by his father?

You decide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join