It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Suicide Propheteers?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
These are people that hope and pray for the end times....I have too ask these people what they hope to gain out of the world coming to an end?Other than the obvious Christian response of this Rapture. What do you hope to gain out of your own demise? Tell me why you are so miserable here on planet earth?




posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Not everyone is in love with life. There is so much conflict, turmoil and countless reasons why some people are miserable.
Also, there is a belief system, held by many, that when we die, we go to another place. I'm not necessarily speaking of heaven, but certainly a different dimension or level that is much better than this worldly level in which we exist.
Those people who believe in an afterlife and especially those who have experienced NDEs or paranormal events, would be the first to say there is no fear in death, but rather a place of peace and unconditional love.
I think there are millions of people content with their lot, and millions who look forward to a better experience after death. Of course there must be some who have no belief in the afterlife who are so unhappy, that they see death simply as a release and end to their misery.... how sad.
Just my opinion.



posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I like your definition. No not every one is thrilled with life has we know it.



posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think this is a moot question.
The ONLY people (Ok, 99%) who are anxiously awaiting the "endtimes" are by definition those who believe in them.

People who believe in the endtimes are by definition RELIGIOUS (there is probably a definitive name for this fraction of Christianity but I do not know it).

Is it any wonder that these people welcome it? A fast-lane to heaven without having to grow old and die?



Anyone (everyone) who does not believe in the endtimes and/or the rapture does not fit into the aforementioned fraction, and therefore is (IMO) sane enough to not welcome impending doom.



posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Most if not all fit into it some way of the other....its human nature to want to know these things and I do not think it all rests just within the Christian faith. You say 99% what does the other 1% say? Relative to what is thought mans destiny lies with himself. Our purpose here may not be to create or surmise our own destruction but humans are a creature of habit and curosity and they do it in spite of themselves. Its an open ended question that leaves many questions but it has an aura that most find fascinating to say the least. Appreciate your input though.



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join