It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I highly doubt ANY Republican be they male or female cares about energy independance. As a matter of fact I don't think ANY politician cares, they are all lining their pockets as we speak with money from foriegn oil.

I really do think it comes down the the body parts with you. And like I stated before, just because she's got ovaries doesn't mean I am going to vote for her.

This was a bad choice. Trojan horse or not, this VP pick will backfire. I don't think Obama will win, I used to, but no, I think a vote for Ron Paul will take a vote away from Obama and McCain will win by default.

Sad times for America.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

well alaska has alot of oil. we can tap that, and begin our road to independence. we won't cold turkey foreign oil, obviously, because we don't want to ruin the economy of other nations but we also don't want other nations to ruin ours (which is happening as we speak). have you done a study on all the viable alternative energy sources there are out there? this is becoming more than a political hot potato, finally.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Oh give me a break there is no conspiracy other than piss poor quality political strategy coming from the republican party. They only elected her to be the VP nominee because they think the woman of America are going to fall for the manican approach. Okay this could use an entire thread but heres whats really going on. During the campaign season there were some polls done and they had some very interesting results. White men prefered McCain and John edwards, where as white woman were for Hillary Clinton. The black and hispanic vote was majority for Obama. So what does this mean? Have any ever noticed that people are like zombies and can't comprehend anything that doesn't come from the TV? Its because they're minds are inside the TV and people identify themselves with what they see on the screen. So what does this mean? That means the republican party is trying to pull a fast one so woman can idenitfy themselves with Palin. They call it the manican effect because when people see a manican while they shop they see them selves as the manican and want to buy the outfit the manican is wearing. And thats just scractching the surface about political mind control. The freemason well win the election but do you know who the freemason is?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Yes I know there are plenty of alternative energy resources out there. You remember the electric care don't you? Google, "Who Killed The Electric Car".

Oh and your comment about white men calling women ho's. Where the heck did that come from and how does it pertain to this topic??

I would love to debate you more, but it's 3 a.m. central time and I have to get up extra early to make my son a big breakfast, he's starting his first day of high school today and I want this to be a special day for him, that's just how I roll.

Goodnight and I hope you can see my points that I have tried to make regarding Palin and this Trojan Hourse theory.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

i sure hope you're wrong. i'm hoping that because sarah palin is
who she is, has done what she's done, and lives where she lives, it will mark a possible solution to the entire problem rather than a ditto of previous administrations.
have you seen the air car?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

God what bull. You must think all voters are complete morons. Rove and the republicans stole two elections, they will not steal a third.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What would a president be like that keeps cranking out babies ?
What would Palin be like if she stopped having sex so she wouldn't make a baby?

Harriet Miers was a bad idea, or some kind of a test to see how dumb we all are.
Now McCain is doing the same dumb test.
Babies need mothers not presidents.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

That's way too many people to keep that many secrets. It can't be done.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It seems to me that the choice of Palin is the biggest blunder in the history of US politics. Whoever came up with that choice must be mad. Surely the Republicans can't be that stupid. Can they?

I mean, McCain is 70+ years old. How are they going to convince American voters that Palin deserves to be a heart attack away from the Presidency? This nobody housewife, former beauty contestant, will be one accident or illness away from being President. I just don't see it happening.

So, this could very well be possible. I just don't see how McCain could win with Palin on the ticket.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by TheComte]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Palin leaving the ticket will be pure destructon for the McCain campaign.

People attacking Palin, especially about the pregnancy part is insulting millions of mothers out there, single or not. Palin is becoming a poster child for the common mom thanks to the attacks on her and her daughter.

If Palin leaves the race, McCain will lose in a landslide.

If the dems keep attacking Palin, they are gonna look like the out of touch elitists that they really are.

ahhh...here's the strategy coming out, " DEMOCRATS ATTACKING THE COMMON MOM" !!! republicans sink to a new low, but why am i not suprised.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In response to the OP, if what you are suggesting actually turns out to be true, I will be thoroughly disgusted. I'm already sick and tired of how Palin (I've always hated how people get dissected and torn down for their private life by the media and, in the case of politics, the opposing party) is getting battered by criticism. But if she is being used in this way, as a means to bolster support for McCain, it would only serve to diminish any remaining favor I had for the Republican party. Rove is already on my list of scumbags, so this type of scheme wouldn't surprise me coming from him. But for a political party to give the thumbs up to letting any person's reputation, and possibly the future of their career, be put on the line just to get some votes...well that is in the most poor of tastes. If it is true, then shame on them, and I hope they lose the election in the worst of ways.

By the way, I'm no supporter or Republicans or Democrats. To me they are one in the same, and not worthy of the votes they receive.

I know the day will never come when this is the case, but I would be so happy if we, the people, were simply informed of the things politicians did wrong and then allowed to make our own decisions based on that.

You know, someone needs to pick one of these high profile media people and just dissect the hell out of them. Bring to light every single mistake they've made in their personal lives, and then use it as ammo to question their qualifications for the job they're doing. If the media is going to do it to everyone else, they ought to be shown the same disrespect.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The McCain campaign is crying sexism when in fact, the majority of negative responses to Palin
are coming from women who are not willing to support ANY candidate with her extremist
ideology.

It is also clear that Palin is absolutely not qualified to run the highest office in the land.

As with most of everything in this Republican party, her selection has far more to do
with control of Alaskan oil reserves.

The Republican party is marketing image and ideology rather than substance and
real issues affecting the 99% majority of the people.

Palin's role as a trojan horse is far more of a distraction from the real issues than anything else.

They want to fire up their ideological base once again with social wedge issues rather than deal with
their failure in leadership and the fleecing of our nation's wealth.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

we are not voting for a "media person", this woman need to have every single mistake come out. she is not running for "MOOSEHUNTER OF THE YEAR" she is next in line to have her finger on the nuclear launch codes of the united states. so i want this womans life to be an open book. being good-looking, a good mom, and a great outdoor sportsman doesn't cut it. i want the media to pick her apart!!! i don't want a loser like george bush in the white house again.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This whole Palin thing has just divided the country again cataclysmically in one fell swoop like nothing else could. Almost seems as though someone did this on purpose.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Gypsss]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gypsss
This whole Palin thing has just divided the country again cataclysmically in one fell swoop like nothing else could. Almost seems as though someone did this on purpose.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Gypsss]

CARL ROVE - Prob... He likely donated some charity hours for the war effort.

Cause this stinks like BUSH...

FAT PIG man... I have never wish nut cancer on anyone more,,, all though I guess he has nothing to worry about anyhow.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Terrific OP. I totally concur. My post from another thread yesterday morning:

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by jamie83

Believe me, the Dems don't want Palin to resign...

If she did, it would rally the Republicans like nothing else...They would claim that the "liberal media" and the left-wing bloggers sensationalized illegitimate issues, Rush Limbaugh would blow a blood vessel and rally the base and McCain and his new pick would skate to the White House.

This, quite possibly, is just what Rove had in mind.

I suggest that the Democrats lock it up! Pull the plugs on the bloggers, zip the lips on the talking heads and give the strictest marching orders possible to the ground forces for zero discussion about Palin. Not even a mouse should squeek about her. All anti-Palin rhetoric should be sourced and either marginalized if it's a Dem or exposed if it's a Republican.

This will happen. It's Rove 101.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
it seems the odds of her stepping down are growing.

money.cnn.com...

nice find Old School.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
There's one thing you're forgetting though: Obama said strictly that family members are OFF-LIMITS. If it turns out that Sarah Palin resigns due to much negative media coverage, the Democrats won't be to blame.

What Obama says and what his campaign does have never matched, the same goes for McCain. So while this theory seems far fetched, it could work I suppose...and I would say the Democrats would be partially to blame, but it would mostly come to show how bias the media has been. I think the latest Gallop actually shows that McCain has lost his momentum and Obama is starting to strengthen in the polls...so I'm not sure. I do have a feeling she will step down though.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I feel really sorry for her right now. Really, I do. She's been used and she probably realizes it. She's no dummy. I would never vote for her in a million years, for any reason, but she is a person with a family and her whole life has been turned out, exposed and attacked. And if she is forced to resign, it will all be for nothing but a political game that she (maybe) didn't even agree to play.

I have no doubt that if she resigns, she'll go back to Alaska and resume her life. She's a strong woman. I think it would be the right thing to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

i have absolutely no sympathy for a woman who puts party or political aspirations before family. i've tried, but i can't find a single ounce.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join