It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

Originally posted by marinesniper
It is still hilarious how the DEMS presidential candidate is being compared to the REPS VP candidate as if the libs already concede Oblama is the lesser of the two experience wise (which is true)... Alah I cannot wait for McCain to eat Oblama alive in a head to head debate....(no teleprompters or scripted questions)... LMAO

Unfortunately, we may not get to see that particular ass whuppin'. Obama is terrified of having a Town Hall meeting/debate with McCain. He knows his limitations in that regard. He just needs to read from a teleprompter for a few more months, is his strategy.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
just out of curosity, why does it reflect very poorly on his judgement that he chose a woman VP? is it because she's a mom? (cause most moms have similar issues. it's part of being a mom).

There may be a bit of truth to that. There are members who have said that Sarah's 5 children was a "bad" thing. So, you can never tell.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This appears to be pure speculation. A theory requires at least some evidence and you list or link to nothing. Do you have something to share to give credence to your speculation?

To consider this we at least need to know the position or professions of your sources and why they would have such intimate inside knowledge. Otherwise, just pure guesswork?

The only credible criticism of Palin would be about her firing of one of her staff, which is so well known here that it is a non issue here. Now I did not vote for Palin, but I don't think people who care about gossip like the lie about her child and the fact her teenage daughter is a normal human probably don't even vote.

The only negatives we are hearing here are from our out of state owned paper who only endorses Democrats and a single Liberal talk show host on a local radio program.

I think you are grossly underestimating the intellegence of people who actually vote if you believe that her daughter getting pregnant would cost any votes to speak of. The other nonsense about her kid only makes people more likely to vote for her out of anger at the Kos. Obama endorsed the Kos when he made a special trip to their get together a while back.

I started out to consider Obama and liked him until he refused the public funding exposing him as someone who fails to keep promises and then I started leaning toward McCain as the lesser of two evils. These lies about Palin and this attack on her teenage daughter is driving me even more that direction. Others are parroting my thoughts and I think this will blow up in Obama's face. He has yet to distance himself from Kos. He did say the right things, but until he denounces the Daily Kos, I can't tilt his direction. And yes I'm the classic swing voter who often does not decide until election day.

Thank you for bringing common sense to the thread that needed it the most.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XFoxMulderX
Also, it should be noted that Tom Ridge and Rudy Guliani have been dropped as speakers to night, and Lieberman is the keynote speaker. Perhaps the McCain camp is trying to see what the GOP's reception of him may be, and then replace Palin with Lieberman if it's positive??

I doubt the scenario you envision, but I will say that Lieberman will probably be a top level cabinet member. such as Secretary of State, in the McCain administration. And he would be an excellent choice, imo.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well I personally think that Mccain even letting anything about his campaign seem
fuzzy, opportunistic or shady is where he screwed up. I say this because this has been "the way of ROVE" and people are voting against ROVE as much as anything.

GOP should have been 100% on the up and up... Regardless of how you spin it this
whole entire Palin pick has ambiguity and politique under tones that people are picking up on...

Second the GOP is trying the same complex double + triple meaning craziness that BUSH used twice to win. What they are forgetting is they are now not pumping the fear aspect of TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR TERROR ...

FEAR is STRONGER than sympathy...

SO if you look at the polls since PALIN....

and you think number have anything to do with the outcome...

Mccain is now down 15% in ohio from 3 days ago

Down another 2% in colorado since yesterday- total on 10% in 3 days

Down another 2% in Florida - where MC still has a hefty lead

Down a crap load in nevada ( I don't know because as of three days ago it seemed a Mccain lock so I did not pay attention) -Mccain & 53% down like- 15 -20 points in two days.

AND the BIGGEST change PER this GREAT website is VIRGINIA-
DOWN LIKE 35% in three days. A SUPER LOCK THREE DAYS AGO - today Mccain at 40%

HERE is my post from last night... the source is included.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SO I hope your boy grabs the string real real tight because if you believe numbers...

Although I am sure he will recover, the writing is on the wall that this is not playing out very well for him.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

As I mentioned in that other thread, registered voter polls don't mean much. More valuable are likely voter polls, such as Rasmussen:

Poll Watch: Rasmussen Daily Tracking Update (9/1)

Rasmussen Daily General Election Tracking (9/1)

* Barack Obama 47%
* John McCain 44%

With Leaners

* Barack Obama 49%
* John McCain 46%

Favorable / Unfavorable (Net)

* Barack Obama 58% / 41% (+17%)
* John McCain 57% / 42% (+15%)

Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 1,000 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The margin of sampling error—for the full sample of 3,000 Likely Voters–is +/- 2 percentage points.

Inside the numbers:

Obama receives favorable reviews from 85% of Democrats while McCain is now viewed favorably by 90% of Republicans. Both men are viewed favorably by 60% of unaffiliated voters. Enthusiasm among Republicans for McCain is up significantly since the announcement of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. Fifty-one percent (51%) of GOP voters now have a Very Favorable opinion of McCain, the first time he has ever topped the 50% level in that measure. On Friday morning, just 43% were that enthusiastic about McCain.
race42008.com...

The race is pretty much a dead heat, even after the DNC "bump".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well I am not taking about popular vote...( all though I believe winner should take all)

I am talking electoral college votes

I am talking about battle ground/ shouldn't be battle ground states.

The website I referred to is an amalgam of MANY polls including RASMUSSEN - GALLUP
etc...

It is far superior to any one poll because it has a much larger DATA pool. This site is about the numbers - for number geeks...

In fact the site I sighted 49.7% - 47.3%

even better pop vote numbers then you sighted for Mccain.

OBAMAS convention bump was only 3.3% as of sat (3.2% less than the average con bump).

Going down by SUNDAY to around pre convention numbers -

The farther away we get from the convention the higher his numbers are getting.

- the states I pointed out, have had quantum leaps in the numbers- these numbers were considerably lower FRIDAY and SATURDAY - ( hence a bump does not seem to be the explanation)

INTELLECTUALLY I suspect something has gone very sour for Mccain.

All I can see that correlates is the PALIN choice.

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

I suggest all use this source, it is the best site I have found hands down...

JSOBECKY I understand this may be a glitch and You may very well be right...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Interesting theory, but one that is only backed up with the OP's assertion of a credible source. And while I diagree with McCain and Obama, I am refreshed at the "outsideness" that Palin brings to the campaign. My hope is that the Republican base is re-energized in a way that brings the party back to its core beliefs.

Personally, at this point, I'd rather see a Palin/McCain ticket than a McCain/Palin ticket.

It would be a better scenario if McCain had to drop out due to health reasons, pushing Palin into the Presidential nomination.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'd say let Palin's pregnant girl be the vice president, hey she's only related to her mom right? SO whats the big deal?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Salvatore_Rubberface]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

msnbc this morning was talking about how mccain wanted lieberman and was "forced as late as thursday" to "accept" palin. what do you all make of that?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If any other presidential candidate picked someone with 4 years small town city council and six years small town mayorial experience and less than 2 years Govenors experience to be their second in command I would have the same initial reaction - utter disbelief.

Wasilla has a poplulation of around 9,000 (a little less more likely).
She is 44 so 12 years ago she was 32. What exactly did she do before she was 32 to make her experienced enough to be President of the USA?

That's a qualification for a Vice President, to be able to step in immediatly upon death or incapicitation of the President.

In my opinion, three candidates of the two major parties are qualified to serve as Commander in Chief. Palin is not one of them. I have been reading about her and she seems to be ok but her experience just does not in any way prepare her for the complexity of the office of the President of the United States of America.

The fact that she is a woman, has zero bearing on my judgement in this matter.

Given my utter disbelief I naturally gravitate towards another motive behind the choice of Palin for McCain's running mate. The Trojan Horse theory is not one that I buy at this point. I think McCain is letting neo-cons fall upon their own sword now. They've screwed with him for long enough.

[edit on 9/2/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Salvatore_Rubberface

the message is, if you're a woman and conservative on some issues, you just need to shut up and go sit down. you have no business expressing your opinions or having a voice because you're obviously an idiot. nevermind that it reflects a more realistic version of our society .. that being that most moms are conservative on some issues, moderate on some, and liberal on others. watch how fast and furious the stereotypes whing around. this was done initially, many decades ago, to keep the average woman from dispelling the myths about the average woman.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Whatever you've been SMOKIN' and DRINKIN' .... I think everyone at ATS could use some.

Its clear you're a left leaning LIBERAL .... Please Please Please, go back to the Daily KOS and stay there.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think he'll offer Ron Paul the job. I don't know if Dr. Paul would accept it, but he knows he'd get all of the Ron Paul supporters votes, and the people who moved over from Obama from Ron Paul.

I hope Ron Paul declines it though, it wouldn't be right. They'd just fight.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by The Vagabond

msnbc this morning was talking about how mccain wanted lieberman and was "forced as late as thursday" to "accept" palin. what do you all make of that?

I wouldn't put any stock in that. After all, it is MSNBC, a shill for Obama. McCain's friendship with Lieberman goes way back, but McCain never seriously considered him as VP. Nobody "forced" McCain to choose Palin. It was his own brilliant choice.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Originally posted by stikkinikki
If any other presidential candidate picked someone with 4 years small town city council and six years small town mayorial experience and less than 2 years Govenors experience to be their second in command I would have the same initial reaction - utter disbelief.

And most people would never have thought that an actor and sportscaster would turn out to be one of the greatest president's in our nation's history, either. No enough experience, even though he was a governor for a spell.

Today, we have much better mechanisms and technology than 28 years ago, so Sarah will have plenty of resources, should she ever be in that position.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What is McCain Thinking?!

This video is very sobering...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

i don't think anyone is ready for the white house till they're there. they all seem to have strengths and weaknesses on varying topics. i doubt even mccain is ready for it, or obama, or biden. clearly the one with the most experience (hillary) was shoved out the door cause if a female leads the nation, it'll be the end of the world or something.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Oh, c'mon. That was a series of criticisms, some quite sexist, from the usual critics of the Republican party.

I am not a Republican, but even I can see that as pure propoganda.

I think this thread is way off base, because Sarah Palin will be too popular, too fast, for the party to even consider replacing her. Any such attempt would be completely transparent, and they know it. The truth is that the Democrats are shaking in their shoes over this, and the more they complain, the more desperate they look.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join