It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Perhaps that is the next move, to bring Condi into the ballot to replace palin, this political circus is gettig better and better.

Can not wait what is next in the show, perhaps the two headed lady.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hmmm, I think I remember hearing something like this, only the source was from some astrologists. Please do share your sources with us so that I may know that you are going off of more than just some astrology BS.

Also, I actually do not think that this is very far fetched at all, in fact, it had crossed my mind that Palin was meant to 'shake things up' a bit, before she drops out and McCain picks someone like Romney. It would have some definite benefits to go through this whole charade.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

One of the most fascinating things in this election is the recent sequence of events with McCain's VP nomination. It has been such a comedy of errors and strange unconnected events, including the person nominated, that we are now seriously considering such conspiracies. That in itself is extraordinary.

There has been no comedy of errors, unless you are calling the fact that Governor Palin is a human being with human limitations just like every other man and woman on earth a comedy of errors.

No, no, no. The comedy of errors is the Obama campaign trying to smear Palin because her daughter is pregnant. That after they launched an unsuccessful smear campaign based upon maliciously manufactured lies that her son was in fact her grandson.

The comedy of errors is the fact that members have said that Sarah Palin's children are a disadvantage to her when it comes to holding office.

The only people "seriously considering conspiracies" over these family attacks are salacious, conniving types. People who would use a 17 year old girl's pregnancy as political fodder. Well, not everyone considers pregnancy a "mistake", as BO does.

If you can prove that the Obama campaign is trying to smear Palin we would all love to see it. If anything the comedy of errors is the McCain campaign scrambling to cover the tracks of Sarah Palin after announcing her as the VP nominee.

The theme of this thread is not going to be popular to some of us with partisan leanings but even if none of it really pans out it paints a picture of the power struggles that don't always cross party lines.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Multiple Junkie

Originally posted by Multiple Junkie
If you can prove that the Obama campaign is trying to smear Palin we would all love to see it. If anything the comedy of errors is the McCain campaign scrambling to cover the tracks of Sarah Palin after announcing her as the VP nominee.

Sure, just a minute. Let me get that url of Our-Strategy-To-Smear-Palin.Com.

Show me where the McCain campaign is scrambling to cover Palin's tracks.
Hasn't happened, not necessary. The Obama campaign is busy shooting themselves in the head by attacking a pregnant 17 year old.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

There has been no comedy of errors ...

Forget about her personal family life, I never speak or refer to it. Not to mention the one's most infuriated by such an issue is the "family first/abstinence/no sex-ed" fundamentalists in her own party.

1. She is under investigation for improper "influence".
2. She turns out to be a poster girl for "earmarks" www.abovetopsecret.com...
3. She belonged and still speaks to an Alaska cessationist party. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure there's other stuff, but you know it's only been a week.

I'm sure the whole GOP is just thrilled to be juggling these meatballs on what should be Sen McCain's coronation week.

No comedy of errors, you're right, it's GENIUS.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No, no, no. The comedy of errors is the Obama campaign trying to smear Palin because her daughter is pregnant.
What??? Seems to me Obama has repeatedly said t o leave family and children out of this. I beleive he's repeated this over and over!!!!!

Obama went as far as to remind people that HIS mother had him at 18.

I dont know what you're saying.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My take on the situation of Sarah Palin being the Vice President is to take her out of Alaska so the true powers can continue to prosper.
The Houston Oil/GAS group wants to link this pipeline from Alaska thru Canada and down thru Central US. Governor Palin wouldn't deal with them they way they wanted.

I'd say her Ego got the best of her.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I find amazing how many people here seem to have perfected the art of missing the point completely...

This thread is NOT about obama!

This thread is NOT about the fact that Palin is a woman!

The OP openly admitted that this is a THEORY! (hence the term "conspiracy THEORY" that some of you may have heard...)
And as such is based on rumor, conjecture and info from unnamed sources.

I realize that the election is an emotional subject for many. It certainly is for me and I'm not even American. But I find it really frustrating that 2/3's of a really interesting thread is inane partisan/gender bashing.

On topic I find this to be a fascinating theory, and even better, it's one that we can confirm the validity of within a few months - which is a pretty rare thing here on ATS.

If it turns out to be true it's a pretty risky plot that could potentially fail or backfire in any number of ways, but maybe the grand strategist, which would be Karl Rove, felt that dramatic measures were necessary in order to win the election.
No matter how despicable you find Rove it's hard to deny that he's a real genius when it comes to political strategy. If it weren't for him I'm pretty sure that Al Gore or John Kerry would be president right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

And image is everything in a political campaign.

What would you say in his shoes, go ahead and attack? Its CYOA time, baby. Typical dems....do as we say, not as we do. Although I disagree with both parties' platforms, I do think that Palin will have a substantial influence on independent voters.

Is she a trojan-horse? I don't buy this theory for a second.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My question is how much in oil stock options does Mr. K. Rove own?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry, off topic so I deleted it.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Multiple Junkie]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

McCain/Palin = real change you can count on!

Obama/Biden = same old Washington politics.

Yes, America is hungry for change. Ironically, it's McCain and Palin, two leaders who are the first willing to go against their own party, who will give America the change it wants.

GOOD lord JAMIE83...

DO you even no how moronic it sounds

liberal
1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

conservative
1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

However I have no doubt riding the lefty bus will help GODDESSARAH AND MCSAME.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

If this is true, then I now understand why he picked Palin as his running mate. Before, it made no sense at all.

And if he then chooses Condi, then just think how great she will look compared to Palin. If he had just chosen Condi in the first place, there would have been no WOW factor.

I am sickened by the whole idea, but have to admit, it is a brilliant move.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
The assumption is that Palin is now "in" on the strategy at some level, but was not when first selected.

The only name that continually surfaces in regard to the possible first choice is Condoleezza Rice.

That is pretty sad that a family values republican would let her pregnant 17 year old daughter go through this just for the party's political gain.

link   
reply to post by zippy1958

I'm not so sure it's a brilliant move. I just heard a Republican strategist on TV talking about the fact that McCain (supposedly) decided on Palin after only meeting her once and how that could make a statement about his judgment. Who chooses what amounts to a mate for 4 years based on one meeting? That does NOT show good judgment.

People aren't stupid. Well, most people aren't stupid... If he has to dump her because he made a rash decision, then it's clear he makes bad judgments. Not a good trait for a president...

A rash decision and bad judgment is what got us into Iraq.

link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread387427/pg3#pid4912059]

Originally posted by Multiple Junkie

Sure, just a minute. Let me get that url of Our-Strategy-To-Smear-Palin.Com.

Show me where the McCain campaign is scrambling to cover Palin's tracks.
Hasn't happened, not necessary. The Obama campaign is busy shooting themselves in the head by attacking a pregnant 17 year old.

Oh get past it, OBAMA is not that stupid... Jesus I am not a pro and it is clear to me
what has been going on... The layers of "good" that come from this for Mccain are
SO obvious.

Unfortunately I do not believe Mccains campaign is disciplined in the way BUSH's was.
This is like Carl Rove on steroids, you better hope the grab the STRINGS a lot tighter....

GOP is not fooling me... NOT this TIME.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have to disagree with the OP. Doing something like that will only reinforce how f'd up the Republican party has become.
Another reason I think Palin is a legit choice is that she's hot! I just might consider voting for McCain after all based on her hotness.
Just kidding... She is hot, just not hot enough to keep me from voting Libertarian or Ron Paul.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mecheng]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You forget Obama is not even Presidential material...he is a joke. The only thing Obama managed was his campain and that is it...

She ran a billion dollar industry and governed a state that produces 20% of the energy for the US...

Oblama managed to hang out with known terrorists, radicals and elitists...

It is still hilarious how the DEMS presidential candidate is being compared to the REPS VP candidate as if the libs already concede Oblama is the lesser of the two experience wise (which is true)... Alah I cannot wait for McCain to eat Oblama alive in a head to head debate....(no teleprompters or scripted questions)... LMAO

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If he has to dump her because he made a rash decision, then it's clear he makes bad judgments. Not a good trait for a president...

Palin Set to Take Center Stage

Ms Palin is now being spoken of as a disastrous choice that reflects badly on Mr McCain’s judgment
Mr McCain is rumoured strongly to have wanted Mr Lieberman as his running-mate before being forced to look elsewhere in the face of entrenched opposition from conservatives. His choice of Mrs Palin was unexpected and, despite insisting yesterday that “the vetting process was completely thorough”, it has become increasingly apparent that his campaign had time for only a cursory examination of her credentials.
At cocktail parties around the twin cities of Minneapolis-St Paul this week, Republicans made whispered references to Harriet Miers, who was nominated for the Supreme Court before being dropped unceremoniously by Mr Bush amid widespread ridicule of her expertise.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I disagree, everything I hear is positive here in South Florida (from different customer of mine)... again it is just personal opinions I have heard as was yours no? ...or propaganda because I get the feeling your a CBS watcher...

I myself do not watch much TV...unless I rent a movie...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join