It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight. When this doesn't go down as claimed, and Palin remains the VP choice, I'm going to come back to this thread and call you out. You will then say that you didn't make this call, but that you have been in contact with a source that has previously provided reliable information on several issues, and it was that source that got it wrong, not you. Therefore you are off the hook. Is that about right? It's how it generally goes in order to make ridiculous claims to stir things up because there isn't any dirt to be found, without taking the heat.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is a possibility. McCain surprised me, and most of America, by selecting a woman. I knew there had to be something behind it.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hello, first time posting.

I'm a volunteer for the McCain campaign, my job is to monitor online rumors and postings on blogs and boards. This is one of the hot items were were told to watch for recently. Now I'm wondering, how did they know this would become a topic ahead of time?

On a side note, you peeps here have kept us busy, and me thinking.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Thanks for this response. The first paragraph sums up my opinion on this topic and says it better than I ever could have.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What???????

Jsobecky with an Obama Avatar?????

Baby! I turned you into a loving peaceful soul!!!!!

Yeeeeeah!!!!!! I knew i could work your head.

Congratulations mi amigo del alma!!!

D - G

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No bias at all, huh BH?

Where did I claim to be unbiased? We all have our biases. Including you.

Originally posted by The Vagabond
McCain can never come out and say that Palin was a decoy, therefore he must maintain that he chose her, which reflects very poorly on his judgement.

I doubt McCain would know anything about this. I'm not at all sure he chose her. He's another Rove/Cheney puppet. In the future he could just reveal that he didn't choose her.

In that sense it would actuallly make more sense that Rove or someone else seeded exactly the rumor that you are reporting

And that's what a conspiracy is about! Very good thinking and very possible.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What???????

Jsobecky with an Obama Avatar?????

Baby! I turned you into a loving peaceful soul!!!!!

Yeeeeeah!!!!!! I knew i could work your head.

Congratulations mi amigo del alma!!!

D - G

Ola, mi amor! Yes, you tamed the lion.

One question: are you colorblind?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
If Karl Rove or some other Republican strategist really has cooked this up, then it's a dangerous over-intellectualization. It depends on too many anticipated reactions and involves too many steps that could have unintended consequences.

As my chosen name implies, I strive to be an "old school" conspiracy theorist. That effort involves piecing together bits that have foundation in fact, other items that are rumor, and combining them with informed speculation. While I very much prefer the balance to be in favor of information that is fact, we very often have no such luxury.

I appreciate and encourage your response with healthy skepticism as well as all others on this topic. I freely admit this is a speculative reach, however, one that is based on a few confirmed facts combined with the experience of more than one person who closely observe those believed to be involved.

Having said that, I hope I am wrong. It gives me no joy to present a topic such as this as it relates to something as important as the presidential election. But I believe it is off enough importance, with some level of substantiation, to benefit from open discussion.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

BAD
BAD
BAD

I might have known. Ahem.

D - G

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

First of all let me say that I nor anyone else have enough information at this time to determine if what you are correct in your theory. Time as in all things, will tell.

I have to applaud you for insight and understanding of the inner workings of political mechanics and the often complicated and misunderstood strategic underbelly of our democracy and Washington DC.

A couple of things to consider with this theory:

1. It assumes that when/if this plan was hatched, the GOP at the highest levels, had conceded this election to Sen. Obama. This is a "last resort" strategy that no one would gamble on working or/and being uncovered if the party felt McCain had a realistic chance of winning.

2. As has been mentioned before, one must also consider the upside/downside even if said theory is applied with precision. Does any "feel-good" or sympathetic reorientation of the American public towards what would become the new Republican ticket outweigh the massive hit that McCain would get for being such a poor decision maker. After all his role as would be president is to make decisions period, and in this case he would have made the wrong one. Even if the Democrats get some blame thrown their way.

I need to think about this more before I add anything else.

One of the most fascinating things in this election is the recent sequence of events with McCain's VP nomination. It has been such a comedy of errors and strange unconnected events, including the person nominated, that we are now seriously considering such conspiracies. That in itself is extraordinary.

The theory is plausible but unlikely.
Your thought process and the thread itself is imho, the most interesting and most thought provoking to date on ATS on these elections. Thank you for getting our brains thinking again.

Bravo!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

If you indeed worked as a volunteer for the McCain campaign you would have been informed to just report this particular blog and not to get involved in any way. You were also mostr definately not instructed as to any particular story to look for or be on the lookout for. You are a fraud plain and simple. Please dont claim to be something that you are not, if anything you are a Democrat posing as a Republican to just add fuel to the flame.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I agree also, I have taken into consideration the way that since day one of her appointment things has developed.

No doubt that her name has cause a desirable effect on McCain favor he now have the attention that he was lacking by the media.

Is so interesting that the daughter pregnancy was made public so fast and that now the media seems to forget about the runnin mate Palin for the Palin pregnant daughter.

Yes this has agenda written all over.

I will be disgusted if I was use as a political pawn for political agenda.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This scenario seems likely. A "bait and switch", classic "rope a dope" strategy and the Dems seem to have short memories about the last time they were scammed. Only hope that, in sympathy to her family, Palin is "in on the game" as theorized.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey I have no problem admitting my bias against Obama. We know he's linked more to William Ayers more than he will admit, and he's linked to Tony Rezko, Jeremiah Wright and Nadhmi Auchi.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
the stuff you people come up with is funny. if only any of it turned out of true.

if this is true i will eat meat.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I doubt McCain would know anything about this. I'm not at all sure he chose her. He's another Rove/Cheney puppet. In the future he could just reveal that he didn't choose her.

I think you are right about that BH. there was an article in the NYT's today quoting a campaign person saying that:

“They didn’t seriously consider her until four or five days from the time she was picked, before she was asked, maybe the Thursday or Friday before,” said a Republican close to the campaign. “This was really kind of rushed at the end, because John didn’t get what he wanted. He wanted to do Joe or Ridge.”
.LINK to NYT

I suspect the Republican’s don’t want to win the next election and get caught holding the bag of #e that is the U.S. economy, etc.

The only reason for Republicans to want to hold the office when the sky falls is to stay out of jail, and it seems that, at this point, they’d rather wager that an Obama admin would not pursue protracted criminal investigations into their various malfeasances’ than risk being the ones holding the bag.

Hence strong-arming McCain into a fatal VP pick.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

(4) Key McCain operatives, posing as intense liberals, will seed blogs and bulletin boards with horrific claims about Palin.

Many of the original and nastiest claims regarding the original "Sarah Palin faked pregnancy to hide daughters baby" which started this whole mess before the campaign issued a statement to counter the speculation were trolls, posters with new accounts and no history of other interaction on those blogs. I was able to research myself by navigating through threads and posts.

To the anon person who claims to be with the campaign, I have a question.

McCain website encourages interaction with websites to promote the McCain message:

Help spread the word about John McCain on news and blog sites. Your efforts to help get the message out about John McCain's policies and plan for the future is one of the most valuable things you can do for this campaign. You know why John McCain should be the next President of the United States and we need you to tell others why.

Select from the numerous web, blog and news sites listed here, go there, and make your opinions supporting John McCain known. Once you’ve commented on a post, video or news story, report the details of your comment by clicking the button below. After your comments are verified, you will be awarded points through the McCain Online Action Center.

Spread the word

Do you think you guys can update "Today's talking points" daily? They get old after a few weeks? Say hi to Rick Davis for me, I used to be a big fan until he transformed into Karl Rove.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
I have been in contact with a source that has previously provided reliable information on several issues.

Have you ever based any previous threads on information this "source" has provided which proved reliable? Please, I challenge you to link a few of these threads (if they exist) to this thread so that we can do our own litmus test on your source's credibillity. As it stands now, without any evidence that your "source" has any reliabillity, I could go down on the street and ask a bum "Do you believe in aliens?" and come back with a thread detailing "I have contacted a source who informs me aliens do exist and have visited Earth many times."

I'm not trying to create a strawman here, but it is way too easy, especially on ATS, to pull ideas and thoughts out of your own head and then try to legitimize them while also distancing yourself from culpabillity if they prove to be wrong by attributing the information to a nameless/faceless "source." Forgive me if I'm not exactly holding my breath expecting what you've predicted to come to pass.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

One of the most fascinating things in this election is the recent sequence of events with McCain's VP nomination. It has been such a comedy of errors and strange unconnected events, including the person nominated, that we are now seriously considering such conspiracies. That in itself is extraordinary.

There has been no comedy of errors, unless you are calling the fact that Governor Palin is a human being with human limitations just like every other man and woman on earth a comedy of errors.

No, no, no. The comedy of errors is the Obama campaign trying to smear Palin because her daughter is pregnant. That after they launched an unsuccessful smear campaign based upon maliciously manufactured lies that her son was in fact her grandson.

The comedy of errors is the fact that members have said that Sarah Palin's children are a disadvantage to her when it comes to holding office.

The only people "seriously considering conspiracies" over these family attacks are salacious, conniving types. People who would use a 17 year old girl's pregnancy as political fodder. Well, not everyone considers pregnancy a "mistake", as BO does.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Everyone knows how much I love politicians and all their BS...... but I said right after Obama passed over Hillary (which I thought was stupid), that the smartest thing McCain and the Republican Party could do to make it a closer race is bring along a woman VP as a running mate. Whether it is Palin or Condo. IF they have a woman as the VP contender on the ticket, I feel it will narrow the gap with the Democrats. But hey... what the hell do I know. It's going to be entertaining as we go into the stretch.

Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join