It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Atlantis being killed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I heard that Atlantis is ending at the 5th season. The producers and directors are going to create a TV movie to end it I believe. I was at the library and rented the season 3 Atlantis and I thought it was a good show. I decided to try and rent the rest of the seasons. I was pretty bummed when I heard they ending it on season 5.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
NOOOOO!!!!!

why do they always take the best show off the air!!!!!!!!

:w:
:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yep that's how it works i guess they did it with Farscape, and SG-1, who thinks you can wrap up a series with a 90 minute movie? I could see them keeping Atlantis alive for 10 seasons just like SG-1, they could bring back Farscape for another 6 seasons too, the fan base is there.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I heard that there will be yet another spin-off called "Stargate Universe" and it will take place on a ship with a crew that is lost and trying to get home, ala Star Trek Voyager.

I'm a huge fan of SG-1, but I'm more annoyed with Atlantis because of certain characters/actors, so I try to avoid it. I'm not sure where I stand with another spin off.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I'm a huge fan of SG-1, but I'm more annoyed with Atlantis because of certain characters/actors, so I try to avoid it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
I would like to see another spin off ,but only if they leave the Atlantis actors in Atlantis. Sorry guys! I just can't get used to the cast.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
meh, this show is just filler between now and Heroes and BSG
OHH It's september isn't it
HEROES YAAAY!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I like Dr. McKay and Sheppard. Ronon is only person I think is useless. Samantha Carter could have helped keep the show running had she not left. She be great to replace Dr. Weir.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I want to shove something dull into Tala's eyes, or push her down an elevator shaft. She and her monotone deliverance annoys the crap out of me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It does seem like they cancel any shows I start to watch it will be a shame if this is the end of Stargate though it did have a quite a run and held up well.

I was only starting to like Atlantis it was no SG1 but was getting there.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
It does seem like they cancel any shows I start to watch it will be a shame if this is the end of Stargate though it did have a quite a run and held up well.

I was only starting to like Atlantis it was no SG1 but was getting there.

To be honest, I think that if a show hasn't found its footing by now, it won't ever find it. SG-1 had a rhythm to it, a dynamic, but Atlantis....it seems like someone just copied stories from SG-1 and changed the characters but not the storyline. Plus the revolving leaders is getting to be a bit much. I was no fan of Dr. Weir, but it was weird when they got rid of her, and then came Carter, and then came....the bald guy whose name escapes me currently.

Anyway, it just seems that this show never really caught on to itself, almost like it was never really comfortable in its own skin. I'm not going to miss it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am bummed to hear this! Well I had a hard time getting into it and loved when Sam took over, now I am addicted.

I guess Ronan can now have time to find me and fall in love as I am the woman of his dreams...

Ttssssssss.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

That bald guy is name Mr. Woolsey and I liked him. You should see him in the Star Trek Voyager series when he was characterized as the hologram doctor.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They should have had him as the Leader of Atlantis from the get go. He's an excellant actor. All they needed to get rid of is the monotone twins(Tala and Ronin).

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow, that sucks. I just started getting in to both series. I'm on season 7 of SG-1 and end of season 1 for Atlantis.

I gotta agree with the people saying characters on Atlantis are annoying. They just need to bring SG-1 back!

Here is an article about this:

www.latimes.com...

Sci Fi Channel cancels swashbuckling spinoff, but a new series, 'Universe,' is on the event horizon in 2009.
By David Tischman, Special to The Times
August 31, 2008
THE Sci Fi Channel canceled "Stargate Atlantis" this month, less than halfway through its fifth season. And indeed, the episodes have been disappointing so far, with no new plot twists to enhance the show's wormhole-jumping science fiction mythology. The big cast change -- adding " Star Trek: Voyager's" Robert Picardo as the city's new administrator -- hit with all the power of a phaser set on Blah.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Reply to Deltaboy (I hit the dumb reply button and nothing happened. I blame the button, naturally)

My husband subjects me to ST Voyager all the time. I'm not a fan of that one either.
But thanks for reminding me of the character's name.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Alora]

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Alora]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Seasons 3 and 4 gets Atlantis more interesting. I rented them at the library.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Scifi are *****

first they KILL SG1
kill off the best race on there (the asgards)

now Atlantis

whom ever runs the company and is doing te show cutting should be Shot.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I could not agree more. The Scifi channel just keeps trying to kill itself, as far as I am concerned. They so rarely make a good decision.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I know I'm pissed

I'm actually downloading tonight's new episode right now, can't wait

It's Tayla's fault FFS
God I hate that woman. Every time I hear her dull, broken speech I wish I were Chuck Norris so I could totally round house kick her right in the face. :bash:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Dagnabbit! I just checked Gateworld and you guys were right! Now I guess there really is no a whole heck of a lot on tv that I watch now.

I liked Woolsey as commander, but I wish Sam would have stayed. I liked the way her and McKay played each other. In fact, I enjoyed watching McKay mature on the show... going from an annoying man with an ego, to a mellow, team oriented man. I hate the fact that SGA is going bye bye, but I kinda saw it happening, if Sam had stayed then I think it would have been ok, but too many character changes looses people and they don't like it. I just wish they would have given us a 6th season for Woolsey to find his niche and then decide what to do.

I think sci-fi is stupid for doing this. I know Sancuary is going to be on, but I'm not that into it to watch it on scifi. Maybe I'll watch it on youtube or something, but I think I'm done with the scifi channel, all they do is cancel the great shows and put crappy ones on like Scare Tactics on. No more Farscape, SG-1 or Atlantis scifi is pretty much dead to me.

Well, I guess I'm off now to go finish my Farscape marathon... :w:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join