It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Loves her Grandchild, Obama See His as Punishment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
Would you want to be forced to have a kid you didnt want?

Absolutely. You're the one that decided to have sex regardless of consequences. Now that something has gone awry, you're not man enough to deal with the mistake? You don't have to keep the child, you know. There are countless parents out there who desperately want to adopt a child. Put the kid up for adoption if you really can't support the child. Why do you have to kill it? Do you realize that for all of human existence except for the past few decades, when you had sex and things went awry, you HAD to keep the child? Now all of a sudden, because we can kill kids before they're born, that makes it okay?

What if your mommy doesn't let you out on Friday night? You got in trouble at school and she grounded you. Why don't you kill her? That way, she won't be able to stop you from going out Friday night. Why not? You CAN kill her, so obviously since it's an option, it's the right thing to do, right? There's no difference between her life and the life of a baby. They're all one life. If you're going to kill the baby because you can't claim responsibility for your actions, why don't you just kill everyone and everything that gets in your way in life? Murder is murder. It's all the exact same situation.

I'll never understand these people that don't value human life. They're the same exact people that commit first degree murder. They're all very dangerous individuals.

And so continues the paradox of liberal "logic" (if you can really call it that). The same nutjobs that denounce our troops for joining a war and killing terrorists that want us all dead will freely kill a defenseless, innocent baby out of sheer inconvenience. How does that work? That statement deserves a thread in itself.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just shows you don't really know the positions the two of them hold.

Obama is on record as wanting to reduce abortions and even got the Dem Party platform to say reducing abortion would be a good thing. Obama is saying that knowledge of both abstinence AND BIRTH CONTROL are a good thing. If Palin's daughter had knowledge of condoms for when her logic failed, she'd have a different life. I'm sure she'll love that baby, but it is still proof SARAH PALIN'S BELIEF IN ABSTINENCE-ONLY EDUCATION IS A FAILURE.

On top of that, a lot of people on Palin's "pro-life" side want to make ALL birth control illegal. They forgot to mention that in the touchy-feelly memo didn't they. They start with early term abortions, then reclassify the morning after pill, and regular birth control pills and finally overturn Griswald v. Conn. and put people in jail for having rubbers. I'm not making this up, check out the Army of God nd go back to Randal Terry, founder of operation Recue. These people are extremists today, but give them inroads like Palin as VP and they'll move their efforts mainstream.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

If they didn't want the kid they should have kept their damn legs closed in the first place IMO.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Maybe what is really wrong is that those kids are running to Europe not that your preparing a bottle.

I mean lol, I did do the whole thing at that age...

But, it wasn't a big deal and you have your whole life ahead...

I don't think that "having a baby" is what everyone should do, but...school is by and large a party time, having kids is a chore, some people don;t work...

and yeah I was all of those things and... it wasn't a good set of choices, I would rather see us treat life more seriously as a society, tens going to Europe is...spoiled, i was spoiled... rotten...

If America has issues, look at this culture, sex, parties all of it... none of it did me any good... I am hapier this way, without any of that life

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

If you think it's great that her 17 year old daughter got knocked up, you obviously haven't tried to change diapers and prepare a bottle at 4 a.m. at the age of 17 while your friends are traveling to Europe or studying for a Physics exam before Spring Break.

While the "story" may seem glorious that she has chosen to not have an abortion, what do you make of the other story of the robbed young adulthood of this young woman simply because her parents didn't educate her properly about sex/pregnancy/STDs?

And THIS is the person you want 1 heart beat away from the Presidency!?!

All I can say is, I'm glad you aren't going to be raising my daughters or in charge of my future.

Dude, that is one heck of a tacky selfish post.
So what you are saying is "my friends are having fun but I can't because I have a ball and chain to take care of".
Is life that cheap to you?
People like you and Obama may think babies are a mistake but the truth is it all depends on how you look at things. It's obvious you will think of babies as some sort of punishment because sure that is the lazy way out, which is why you would probably decide to abort the kid, but you don't seem to understand that it all has to do with redemption and self accountability. It's about going the extra mile and deciding to take care of the kid no matter how hard it gets.

Nobody said life was easy and neither is being the President.

If Obama would rather take the easy way out then he doesn't deserve to be President.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You know my parents are getting old and they are starting to cramp my life style. Would I or could I take the same logic and ask why am I punished because my parents who will be sucking my resources just to keep them living just a little longer. Why not just speed up the inevitible why not just remove my suffering "oh ya and theirs too" so I can enjoy the ball game or go out and have fun. We live in a society that is so self absorbed and live by the credo Do what thou wishes. And many pay for this self absorbed attitude and will get worse.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrevorALan If Palin's daughter had knowledge of condoms for when her logic failed, she'd have a different life. I'm sure she'll love that baby, but it is still proof SARAH PALIN'S BELIEF IN ABSTINENCE-ONLY EDUCATION IS A FAILURE.

This post is proof that you really need to spend a little bit more time thinking before you type.

Obviously you have no way to know that Bristol Palin didn't know about condoms. For all you know they might have used a condom and it broke.

Further, one can only provide education to people. You can't make them abide by it. Even if teens are educated about condoms do you think that means they all will listen and use them? Of course not.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Dude, that is one heck of a tacky selfish post.
So what you are saying is "my friends are having fun but I can't because I have a ball and chain to take care of".
Is life that cheap to you?
People like you and Obama may think babies are a mistake but the truth is it all depends on how you look at things. It's obvious you will think of babies as some sort of punishment because sure that is the lazy way out, which is why you would probably decide to abort the kid, but you don't seem to understand that it all has to do with redemption and self accountability. It's about going the extra mile and deciding to take care of the kid no matter how hard it gets.

Nobody said life was easy and neither is being the President.

If Obama would rather take the easy way out then he doesn't deserve to be President.

Alxandro... I wish I could give you 100 stars and flags for this one. This is the best post I've read in a long time, maybe ever.

Self-accountability vs. the lazy way out. Perfect explanation.

Life isn't easy and neither is being POTUS. Another perfect analogy.

If the choice is between selfish, lazy, and taking the easy way out VS. believing in selflessness, personal accountability, and going the extra mile to take care of your kids, I can tell you the choice is crystal clear.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Life isn't easy and neither is being POTUS. Another perfect analogy.

True, but if you make over 4 million$ /yr. and get your butt kissed on a minute by minute basis - then life is probably quite nice.

It's easy to be selfish when you think no else deserves what you have.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

Palin is lucky because her mommy has money and she doesn't have to worry about dropping out of high school to go work at Mickey D's.

It is not about money, it is about love. If this happened to my daughter, I would get a second job to ensure that she finishes high school. I would also help her through college to ensure she is further able to take care of her child and not have to rely on the government for assistance. Education is the key to success.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
and hellllo

Things are different, welcome to the world of online degrees, no one has to not go to school because they have kids, your life isn't over.

the option of online work exists too... it's not nearly as bad as it was, in fact 25 years ago living in the stix meant you were probably undereducated and under employed

I am seriously making a choice of the stix soon in part because I do libve on the net and if I purchase a house i'm paying 80 G in a town the size of Sarahs and keeping an apt in the city cheep... Not paying 800G in the city and going on vaction 2 x a year in the mts...

so this whole scenario of no education by age, or time, or children is NOT valid

If you weren't accepted IVY leauge where your really going to mess up a part of your life, or close to it... your getting your regular ol degree if you wish too kids or no kids, couple hrs a night from your bedroom

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321 Education is the key to success.

Education may be the key to success.

But the question is whether or not financial success is the key to happiness?

I know plenty of "successful" professionals who are miserable, and plenty of "poor" people who are happy with a simple life.

Who's to judge what makes other people happy. Maybe Bristol Palin will have a happier life than most with her new baby. Just being a young mom doesn't mean her life is ruined.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
*sighs*

Look at what he said, not just the part you quoted:

...look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby....

He's talking about underaged mothers. Not that his own kids are a punishment.

Still sounds to me as if one of his daughters were to have an unexpected baby before they were prepared for it, that the baby would be a punishment.

Which would be a horrible thing to read for a child later on in life, if one of his daughters does have a baby unexpectedly, and the child finds this quote.

A baby should never be considered punishment in my opinion.

I realise it may just be bad wording, I do understand his point, but thats just not thinking to say something like that..

[edit on 9/3/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by loam

you could say it was a poor choice of words. But in essence the christian fundamentalists would force women to carry out a full term pregnancy whether they wanted to or not

still nobody wants to answer my question

[edit on 2-9-2008 by yeti101]

Maybe because you are trying to steer the thread into a pro-life/pro-abortion debate, rather than discuss the topic, which I read as nothing to do with abortion.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
[edit on 3-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If Bristol Palin was some from some random poor family that was black and not the Govenors Child, Govenor Palin and all the other conservatives would have said, "Typical, urban youth with no sense of responsibility raised with loose morals who plans to depend on the state to take care of her child."

and yes the OP did take this whole quote out of context, in context Obama said that he doesn't want "under-aged mothers to be punished with the burden of a baby. nuff said

While many of you may be anti-choice, there are just as many of us who are pro-choice, actually there are more of us(thank god for california and new york!)
We will never change our mind and you will never change yours, but the problem lies in that your decision to ban abortion affects other peoples lives, not your own(if you don't want to get an abortion then thats your choice, why do you think you can make that decision for me about my situation?) Why the hell does anyone think that they can control the lives of other citizens in this country based on morals, morals aren't laws(thank god none of these religious people are trying to push a law that makes masturbation illegal!)

They really think they can push their views and way of life on us because religion says its so? Religion was meant to be separate from, and should always be separate from, the government and the law. Just because some religions nuts think its wrong, doesn't make it so

People always thought the world was flat for thousands of years, hell, there are still people in this world that STILL believe that the world is flat! Does that make them right? No way whatsoever in my mind. Does that mean I must force them to believe the world is round because I think they are wrong? NEVER. Let them live their life the way they choose so long as they don't try and force their way of life on anyone who doesn't want it(all these conservatives are forcing their way of life on anyone thats pro-choice)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is off-topic, but Jamie83, what do you do for a living?

I wanted to hear more of your message, so I checked out your recent post list, and could not help but notice that there have been days where you do not seem to have gone more than half an hour without posting, except for a few hours at night.

Are your convictions just that strong? Is there some website where I can go sign up and make two bucks per acerbic right-wing forum post? What's the deal?

(All of this is, of course, intended most sincerely in that spirit of Good Humor espoused so heavily by our Mr. McCain in his television advertisements.)

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MaynardisGod

It was brought up earlier and I conceded that, really Abortion shouldn't be a Federal Debate

You mention California and New York, yes... two places wherethe population is very dense and immigration is very high, there is a lack of room and economic growth thanks to a constant influx of people

But Alaska with 870,00 people is the size of a Big Country, The coastline of Alaska exceedes the coastline of the entire United States combined

Thats a Big State

What is the reason for abortion in Alaska compared to NYC?

It is easy to see why this becomes a hot topic, land will not thwart a young couple to buy a home, that is for sure, lack of resources is not a problem, why Not drill for oil LOL is Palin really doing anything wrong opening up some oil in a state that has more wildlife parks than all the other states combined?

I just refrence that because people In NY also say.."don't drill in Alaska" and Why Not? you could wander that state yur whole life on foot and maybe never find the drills! It's not ruining the environment... and Oil Well off of San Diego is another story

So how this is a Federal issue... is where I went off the debate, how is abortion a national issue, the circumstance between Chicago Obama and Palin Alaska... to fight ove rthis is the stuff civil wars are made of ...

Alaska needs men lol, Chicago needs Prisons for the extra babies...

It's a whole other world and both sides perhaps are right... a 17 year old Girl In chicago being forced to have a baby might be stuck in the ghetto her whole life never able to get that 1/2 million dollar home with out a good job and a degree etc etc

and in Alaska, one will.... grab an axe, go out and get land for 15,000 for 10 acres, get your wifes dads friend to sign the contractors licence and start building lol.... happillly ever after if you don't mind a rual life and if you live in Alaska and haven't run for you life, you probably don't!

I can still do that sort iof thing in Northern AZ, so yeah abortion seems rather trite after enough time here, kids don't cost

That's what I am paying btw in Northern AZ 10 G for 10 acres for my little getaway

Not quite the holdback considering you have electric power and water and cable internet in that location (unbelievable to a resident of NY or Cali right?)

But, it's not a wrong or right that is all... It's easy to take a moral hiugh ground when the option isn't a threat to your life... I never was pro life growing up in NY, I was looking in the obituraries for good apartments

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Lol that's funny I have the same frequency... I work on the Internet, from home... On computer all the time, if I feel like slacking I can just sit here all day if I choose

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Seems to me you can spin peoples words to fit exactly what you want them to say to justify your own opinions.That is plainly obvious, especially from Jamies postings on this thread, you can see the political divide plain and simple.
The fact that this issue is making headlines shows that its character more than anything else that seems to be important in your elections.Never mind the fact that the US economy is on a downturn,energy prices are increasing, the threat of conflict with Russia etc...oh no they arent important but the words and actions of the respective candidates are ?
It just shows you how bad the whole election process is in terms of negativity towards the other and how everyone is ready to jump on every word uttered, rather than concentrate on the policies and strategies to be used to get the US going for the next four years.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join