It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Loves her Grandchild, Obama See His as Punishment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Compare these two views and tell me, politics aside, who you think respects human life more:

Obama:

“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.”

Palin:

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that, as parents, we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support."

Who sounds like they have more respect for human life? Which person do you think will appeal to families across America?

Is there ONE person here at ATS with kids or grandchildren that honestly believes they were sent as punishment?

What I can't wait for is the show stopping moment at the VP debate when the subject of abortion comes up. Sarah Palin will say something like, "Well, we each have a different opinion, and I can respect that. I believe my children and grandchildren are blessings from God. You'll have to ask Mr. Biden and Mr. Obama what they believe."

By pandering to extreme pro-abortion wing of the Democratic party, Obama may have sealed his fate in the general election. I would guess that 99% of Americans believe what Palin said -that their children are a blessing from God. Maybe 1% might think of their kids as punishment.

Just another reason why Gov. Palin was absolutely the best choice McCain could have made.

mod note: edited title for spelling

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
off topic but take a look at your title

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
off topic but take a look at your title

Thanks! The mods fixed it before I could!

from Dems on this issue. Wonder why?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ooo baby baby.

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Would you want to be forced to have a kid you didnt want?

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
*sighs*

Look at what he said, not just the part you quoted:

When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

He's talking about underaged mothers. Not that his own kids are a punishment.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16.

I'm confused. Is the baby a STD or just punishment in itself?

On another note Palin's daughter is not underage, but people seem to be forgetting that.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i think forcing someone to have a kid when they dont want to is punishing them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

So you talked to Palin's daughter and she told you that she didn't want the baby, or you're just pulling that idea out of your hat?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
Would you want to be forced to have a kid you didnt want?

There is no kid I wouldn't want.

I believe we are all miracles, blessings from God. Call me old fashioned, I don't care.

In fact, I've also adopted a child that somebody else wanted, and watched helplessly as a friend aborted a child that offered to adopt.

So I guess you helped magnify even more the differences between Obama and Palin. While Obama wouldn't want his daughters "punished" with a child, I'd bet that Sarah Palin would offer to adopt them rather than see them aborted.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I guess we must ignore a Freudian slip if Obama does it.
Yet when people on the right "slip up" there is hell to pay.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
For the sake of parity maybe you should show the whole quote?

edited to add I got beaten to it....lol

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
i think forcing someone to have a kid when they dont want to is punishing them.

What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Bristol Palin is just a normal kid who fell in love, got pregnant, and is starting a family.

Why do you think she is being punished?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

where did i say palins daughter didnt want her baby?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
*sighs*

Look at what he said, not just the part you quoted:

When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual. But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

He's talking about underaged mothers. Not that his own kids are a punishment.

That's exactly what the OP was talking about. It's in your quote: "But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

Can't you understand where the pro life group would feel a sense of outrage over that statement since they believe that every human life, intentional or not, is precious?

Sadly, interpretation of that statement is most likely going to follow partisan lines or at least pro-life vs pro-choice lines.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I guess we must ignore a Freudian slip if Obama does it.
Yet when people on the right "slip up" there is hell to pay.

What slip up? He didn't slip up. The quote was taken out of context by the OP. In other words, not true. What Obama DID say is quite true. Educate the kids so that they aren't burdened by matters that they are incapable of handling.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
[snip]Off topic comment quote[/snip]

Grover, WTF are you talking about?

Do you ever have anything useful to add in terms of the topic under discussion, or are you simply here to derail the thread?

LOL.... "smear attacks"? This is classic. I posted quotes from two candidates, words that flowed ever so eloquently from Barack Obama's very own lips, and you call it a "smear attack."

Why?

Maybe a better response might be, "Yeah, that was a f-ing stupid thing for Obama to say."

[edit on 2-9-2008 by jamie83]

[edit on 2-9-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

i never said she was being punished. If she wanted to terminate her pregnancy and was forced by her parents to keep it then i think that is punishment.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

well bully foir you. But not evryone in the USA agrees with you.

nobody has answered my question

do you think its right to force someone to have a child they dont want?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join