It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions Market Betting That Palin Will Withdraw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Predictions Market Betting That Palin Will Withdraw

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Intrade prediction market has opened trading on whether "Sarah Palin [is] to be withdrawn as Republican VP nominee before 2008 presidential election." At 8:55 am, Tuesday morning, the market is selling the prediction at 18 a share and rising. That means 18 percent of traders think Palin will be removed.

Intrade predicted Joe Biden would be Barack Obama's running mate in August and its traders was also correct about every Senate race in 2006. It fell flat in predicting a Democratic majority.

Keep checking back through out the day for updates on the trading numbers.

Click here for Sarah Palin's trading chart.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It should be interesting to say the least. And if she does...

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know what Grover you just took those words out of my mouth, I actually had the feeling that She will indeed withdraw from the campaign.

Is too many issues surrounding her life right now that would take the spot light from McCain presidential campaign and would focus only on her.

McCain can not afford that type of attention, he already has to deal with Obama overshadowing him by the media.

Interesting that actually this is becoming and issue.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's all more evident proof that the McCain campaign is effectively dead in the water.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wow, America is a joke.
Elections are just a dog and ponny show.

You know what will force her to resign?
The predictions that she will resign.

America no longer has news stations, it has commentary stations, magic ball predictions, all done to guide the path of YOUR thought process.

what a joke of a country.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well ModernAcademia perhaps that was the entire plan to gain McCain some spot light in his campaign that has been plague by lack of media interest.

Having Palin there to bring the media attention then having her resign to bring another more to the public appealing experienced VP.

Politics are dirty and is nothing but a big game and everybody is usable and expendable.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've been thinking and posting about this since last night:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I truly believe she's being subverted from within her party.
Me thinks Mr. Romney's friends have been busy bees the last few days.

Edit to add: INTRADE

[edit on 9/2/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
hey i called this last post on this page www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think she might pull out of this election. Whats she going to do drag evryone to D.C or leave them miles away in alaska? is putting her career before her family a good idea?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That makes so much sense. I couldn't understand why he picked her to begin with.. Good post. I'm going to keep my eyes open on this one!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I dont know if this is revalent or not, but at least it shows where McCains head is at.

Last night CNN invited McCain to comment about the hurricane and he promptly "declined", as reported by the newscaster who even rolled up her eyes!

I wouldnt be surprised if he's busy looking for a more suitable candidate.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
BTW, if they say she's pulling out of the race,

that simply means she's been let go. Dont let them fool ya.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
She doesn't have enough experience to be Vice President.

I can't' see her as POTUS and if you can't see the VP as POTUS then they don't belong in the VP slot.

8 years from now - yes she'll be more qualified. But not now.

However, I don't think she'll withdraw or be kicked off the ticket.
The GOP will stick with her. She's unified the base.
That's my opinion, but only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont know if this is revalent or not, but at least it shows where McCains head is at.

Last night CNN invited McCain to comment about the hurricane and he promptly "declined", as reported by the newscaster who even rolled up her eyes!

I wouldnt be surprised if he's busy looking for a more suitable candidate.

Yeah, it is relevant if you want an insight into the bias of the media. Why would a reporter roll her eyes because McCain didn't comment about the hurricane?

What comment did she expect?

Gov. Palin isn't going to withdraw. She's the best thing that's happened to the McCain campaign. What you are witnessing is the total desperation on the part of the Dems to disparage her before she wins over enough voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio who were looking for an excuse to vote for McCain.

And did you even bother to read the story? The odds are 18% she will withdraw.

Big deal.

Just more liberal idiocy since they don't have much else at this point.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure Palin has managed what McCain camp has not, bring more attention to the Republican party and away from Obama.

At least for now.

But I got the feeling that she will withdraw.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I will advise you right now to stop stalking me all over the board.

Calling me idiotic, stupid, and ignorant just isnt going to cut it around here.

YOU UNDERSTAND?????

Truce. We do not agree on anything. C'est la vie.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We started speculating on this yesterday here at ATS, looks like most ATS'ers do not think she will step down.

Did GOP slow down convention Sunday to dump Palin and find new VP ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She doesn't have enough experience to be Vice President.

I can't' see her as POTUS and if you can't see the VP as POTUS then they don't belong in the VP slot.

Do the words "Dan Quayle" ring any bells with you?
I remember many people saying the same about him.

I didn't know "ability to be seen as POTUS" was a requirement for the VP job.
And, until recently, I don't remember so much attention being paid to that particular "quality".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

It's certainly not a requirement. But when your presidential running mate is 72 years old and has had cancer 4 times, let's just say it enters the mind of the voting public. Regardless who McCain has as his VP, people are going to want to see them as "presidential" because the chances are very real that they may end up being the president.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But when your presidential running mate is 72 years old and has had cancer 4 times, let's just say it enters the mind of the voting public. Regardless who McCain has as his VP, people are going to want to see them as "presidential" because the chances are very real that they may end up being the president.

Then we should also have Las Vegas or market odds on McSame.
And, why the heck is HE running would be my question

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
And, until recently, I don't remember so much attention being paid to that particular "quality".

The Vice President is an extremely important position as they are next in line to be president. How anyone can suggest that the VP pick not be considered a potential POTUS is beyond me despite what our past history is with respect to Quayle. Remember now that we are under constant terrorist threat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join