It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Store Item idea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
But some memebers like myself dont know where or how to get avatars, i mean this 1 i have is from ProudAmerican (I think)

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yea i liek the idea of emplying soemoen to make avatars like that could be a new title---Artist--- like they design an avatar and put a price as like 500 pt. The can get a special upload section where they can put the avatars and there everyone else can preview them. Yes you may have people stealing them but i really see no incintive to stealing them. I mean if someoen else has the avatar then who would want to steal it? 2 ppl with the same avatar??? ive never seen it here on ats unless its lieka support avatar or something. Also the mods could help police it. You can also get the artist to make wallpaper, screen savers, or even blog designs.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Actually I'm a bit of an idiot because both ZZ and mOjOm have worked on mine, maybe it'd be nice for the likes of them to have an "artist" title and give out avatars for points if they wanted to.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
what the mods and admins think about this?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think this idea shows promise!! Personally, I don't mind Creating or Editing Avatars for others free of charge. For me it's about the challenge, practice and helping out fellow ATS members and payment isn't required. I actually find it very rewarding to see them being used and from the comments that I've received by their owners. I have another idea that would be just as good, and wouldn't actually require charging members for the avatars.

Choice #1:
Charge a small price for the Avatar. This way the points we earn can be used for additional upload space.

Choice #2:
No Charge. But provide the upload space, for the 'Artists' only so we don't have to spend so many points buying it. (This has been my biggest problem so far, especially when dealing with animated avatars. Costs me 800 points for each additional one unless I delete one.)

Divide the Area into 'Still Avatars, Animated Avatars, Edits & Upgrades, & Requests'.

The New Original Avatars that are posted and free for the choosing will go into either Stills or Animated with a small signature giving credit to the artists. Once taken is locked from others using it until it's made available again.

Edit's and Upgrades is where Users can request help fixing "Current Avatars they already have". The final draft can be posted there for them. Once they've copied to their local storage, it can be deleted from the draft area to save space. But this will allow a convenient area to work back and forth with someone.

The Requests Area would be almost a mix of the New & Edit areas in one. Anyone can post an idea they'd like to see and if an Artists decides to make it they can post a reply to their request. Just have a notice that reminds everyone that Requests May or May Not be answered. It's up to whether or not an Artists makes it. Some ideas may not sound interesting to the artists or simply be too difficult to incorporate into such a small file.

Something like that would be nice. Charging would eat up a lot of points and would make it so that newer members would be left out. But I can see the good side to charging too. I wouldn't mind getting the points either should someone want one of mine. The main problem I have right now in hosting my avatars myself is having to by the storage space again and again. I could just delete the old ones, but I would rather keep them all available.

Anyway, that is my extremely LONG WINDED opinion on the subject. Comments are welcome....

Check out my Avatar Page too....

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
hmm you have stated exactly what i was thinkin just more detailed. :-D Almighty william what do you think of my humble idea??

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm up for the idea. I think it would be great!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How about the capability to exchange points between users? That would be cool.

So we could place bet, say, ie in the prediction forum lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It would be too easy for people to abuse a point-transfer system. For example if there was a new survey, I imagine we'd have quite a few people creating new member accounts just to get free points and transfer them across. Among other things.

<< 1   >>

join