It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow POW: McCain's War Past Makes Him A Presidential Risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
One of John McCain's former POW partners has made a film and apparently Democrats aren't touching it with a ten foot pole.

The film was made to illustrate that McCain is not not fit to be POTUS because of his uneven temper and ability to anger easily.

One of John McCain's fellow prisoners of war is making an argument that few if any Democrats are willing to air publicly: the Senator's experience in Vietnam does not qualify him to be president. In fact, it may be a reason to vote against him.

Phillip Butler, a highly decorated combat veteran who was imprisoned for eight years in the infamous "Hanoi Hilton," is proclaiming in a brand new political film that McCain's time as a POW makes him a medical and temperamental risk to be handed the responsibilities of commander in chief.

"I think I can say with authority that the Prisoner Of War experience is not a good prerequisite for President," says Butler. "John McCain is not somebody I would like to see with his finger near the red button."

Click here to see the film.

Now, please let me make myself clear. I honor McCains sacrifice to the US and NO ONE should have to go through what he did.

This does bring up a good point as to whether or not McCain is fit to lead the US.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It depends how mentally stable McCain is, we hear many stories of Veterans from Vietnam that never get over the mental stress with post war dramatic syndrome.

We have never heard anything of how McCain got over if he ever or completely have from his traumatic experiences.

This is an interesting issue actually.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I kind of agree with the guy in the video. I am not sure that I would want McCain near the red button either.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am a conservative and this is the reason I will not vote for McCain. This trauma he has endured has left him an angry person who sees enemies everywhere. I have always liked his moderate and across the aisle consensus building style, but the POW experience I think is dangerous baggage. I just can not condemn our troops to any more illogical and dangerous situations. I also will not vote for Obama, so what to do?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well seen ghost all around does make a the issue of instability very real and valid.

We have seen how the paranoia of Bush allow for more laws to protect government.

I guess McCain paranoia would bring another set of laws also.

Very soon our political candidates will be inside bullet prof plastic cases when in public view.

top topics

join