It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bought the full version of Spore today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So today I went to the store and bought my very own copy of Spore.

I didn't even realise it was released yet, but a customer came in with it so I popped out and bought one for my self.

He told me that it wasn't meant to be released until Sunday and he thinks that either everywhere on the internet is wrong or the dudes at the store we got it from just made a very big mistake.

I went to the next computer store and it was still in the "Coming Soon" section soooo what's the deal?

Did he and, and I assume quite a few others, just get extremely lucky and some heads are gonna roll at the computer store i got it from?

I won't lie to you, I would LOVE to be the only person on ATS with their own full version of Spore

I suppose I can accept it if I am not though, and I have just made an embarrassing mistake.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I bought the digital version and was allowed to download it last Friday, but there is a final download to be had on the 5th which will then allow the game to install.

Roll on midnight on Thursday

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
I bought the digital version and was allowed to download it last Friday, but there is a final download to be had on the 5th which will then allow the game to install.

Roll on midnight on Thursday

That final download on the 5th must be what I need to be able to actually play the game

I was so excited with the fact that I had the Glactic Edition few days early but I can't even get it to work yet!

I suppose all you can do is laugh eh?

I guess I'll be content with looking at the Art Of Spore book for the time being

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
haha. Well here in aus I have seen it for sale as well. In EB and in Game. Its weird cos I saw STALKER clear sky in Game as well and I didnt think that was coming out for a while. :s

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Australia got it 2 days earlier than the rest of the world, by accident.

For some reason the copies that were shipped to all the stores arrived 2 days early in Australia, so the EB Games guy told me, so I managed to get my copy last Tuesday.

I've had it now for 4 days and I have to say it is one of the best games ever made. It WILL start a gaming design revolution, in which that a single game doesn't have to be limited to a single genre. Spore wraps arcade, RPG, RTS and risk-style gameplay all into a single game, and does it amazingly well.

If you haven't got this game, get it. If you don't get it, you are missing out on a part of history.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I heard that it gets boring quick. Is that true?

Does it get better later on maybe?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It completely depends on the type of gamer you are.

I like most genres of game, so each phase is exciting in a different way to me. Some people might not like RPGs or RTS etc so that particular phase would probably turn them off.

I'm up to space with my herbivorous, religious race and up to the civilization stage with my carnivorous, militaristic race. Neither game has gotten boring to me yet and i suspect by the time i'm done i'll run out of save slots on the games map and have to delete some races to start again.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It was released in the UK Friday 5th, (Yesterday), I haven't bought it because I don't think my PC will run it yet, But then again it runs the creature creator from download.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Be careful about how much stock you put in the online reviews. Gamers everywhere are trying to drowned EA in bad publicity for Spore because of the extreme DRM put on the game.
Of course, on top of everything else, 2 days before it was released, there was already pirate downloads and DRM work arounds ready to go. So, there are actually a lot of people playing and protesting at the same time.

I had too much homework to do to get started on it this weekend, but I plan to get into this week. DRM blows, but I am looking forward to the excellent casual->hardcore and everything in between gaming that is available. I have played plenty of games that require the CD to be in the tray, so that is no worry. I also dont format my pc but every couple of years, so I am probably good to go on the 3 activation limit.

Have any of you that have the game harboring any ill feelings because of the DRM measures?

new topics

top topics

join