It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden's Son, Brother Named in Two Suits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Was Biden properly vetted???

www.washingtonpost.com...

A son and a brother of Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) are accused in two lawsuits of defrauding a former business partner and an investor of millions of dollars in a hedge fund deal that went sour, court records show.

The Democratic vice presidential candidate's son Hunter, 38, and brother James, 59, assert instead that their former partner defrauded them by misrepresenting his experience in the hedge fund industry and recommending that they hire a lawyer with felony convictions.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Yes this is true, when I did my research on Biden and his corporate links to credit card industry and big oil companies the son and brother scandal came out.

But as usual show me a politician in todays days that doesn't have a link to some type of corruption or other.

This is why I will always say that America politics are doom.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

"But as usual show me a politician in todays days that doesn't have a link to some type of corruption or other.

This is why I will always say that America politics are doom. "

That is the truth. It doesn't look like things are all sunshine and rainbows with the republican VP choice either.

Pick your poison.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

What? A Dem with close family under a corruption probe? Say it ain't so, Mabus325, say it ain't so.

Not to worry though. I'm sure the news media will let us know that it is MUCH more scandalous for the daughter of Sarah Palin to be pregnant than of a major corruption probe involving several members of Biden's family. Afterall, the Republicans are hypocrites! They push abstinence education.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Exactly, if you look into the cadidates from president they all have links to big interest and big campaign money donations from corporate America, even Obama that said I do not take money from oil companies has lie to America.

Biden links to the Hedge funds do not stop with the brother and son,

Joseph Biden has more than a passing familiarity with hedge funds. As a Democratic senator and a longtime member of that body’s judiciary committee, the Delaware native participated in hearings last year on issues ranging from regulation to naked short-selling.

So he can fall flat on his butt telling that lobbying wasn't an issue for decision making but we know better.

dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is fairly old news, but it shows the corruption in the Biden family. When the heat got turned up, Joe Biden tried to slide his son into another less visible line of work. Wasn't good for the soon-to-be VP nominee, dont'cha know?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Biden makes his living pandering to lawyer groups; i.e., lobbyists. Here is a list of his major contributors:

Top 5 Contributors, 2003-2008
Law Office of Peter Angelos $156,250
Simmons Cooper LLC $146,600
Pachulski, Stang et al $145,625
Young, Conaway et al $127,979
Weil, Gotshal & Manges $95,450

Top 5 Industries, 2003-2008
Lawyers/Law Firms $4,939,762
Real Estate $944,884
Retired $840,571
Securities & Investment $664,875
Misc Finance $407,320

www.opensecrets.org...

It's no wonder his son was playing the game.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Js, I did a thread many years ago that show how lobbying in Washington is good business, you want to make yourself rich, become a Washignton pimp, I mean become a lobbyist.

new topics

top topics

join