It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who have trouble controlling their emotions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I used to have trouble controlling my emotions, as, often we do when we're all growing up. We don't know what our own emotions are when we are younger. We don't know how to explain them. As one gets older one can feel these emotions-- they are what we call feelings.

I believe that people who have difficulty controlling their emotions fail to realize that much of their bodily functions is more mental than physical. I think these people can't really tell how they're feeling because they don't know how to explain their emotions let alone explain themselves. I find it amazing at how they can fail to differ between what they feel and their physical self. I don't know what would cause this to be.

I'm aware that there are people who have difficulty telling things and explaining things like with their feelings. Just as to what exactly causes this I'm not sure.

Just a thought... I think that everyone needs to control their emotions-- even if you don't believe you have any... emotions are part of the soul and are very essential to our continued existence.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think that some people just don't care to control them. They don't view the world the same and feel somehow entitled to blowing their lid at anyone who crosses them. I don't know if there is genuinely something wrong with these people, as if they have no sense of empathy, or if they really are just extremely selfish.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There is a million reasons to this.

I've read and heard many times that past (or present) head injuries can cause a change in emotions.

For example my wife when she was a little girl fell off a lawn chair and hit her head on a brick, which to this day left a scar (shes 44).

Sometimes when, for example I say, "I'm going to the store and get me some beer for the game coming on", she will say weird things like, " oh boy! "you get to drink and holler, while I clean the house and do all the work around the place blah blah blah...

Its like she gets mad just because I like football or want to help the economy for no reason!

I usuallyl say, "honey, its you head injury talking, I'll be right back" and I run out the door .

[edit on 2-9-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

There's this lady at work who one morning will be tra-la-la-ing around the office all happy and joyous, only to come in the next day completely the opposite. She's an emotional grab-bag if you will. Never know what you're going to get.
She even takes medication for it, but I suspect it's all for show...unbelievable the crap she can pull, and people just shrug and let it go due to her "emotional nature".

It's like bipolarsim is a free ticket to be a mega-bitch...and no one says anything....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Women in our society are never taught that their emotions do not necessarily equate with reality.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Women in our society are never taught that their emotions do not necessarily equate with reality.

Yep, my life was destroyed because of this. If the person destroyed my life was male, and did the same thing, they would be locked up in jail.

Total apathy everywhere you go. People just cannot leave others alone, and they just do not give a poo, how they wreck peoples lifes.

If you want to live your life in peace and quiet, and are not interested in things thats so called normal, you may find out like me, that people would want you dead for no reason, other than there hate, for people unlike them.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I wish men had to put up with this emotional roller coaster for just one month. Something called hormones, ever heard of them? They are responsible for the erratic behavior in most women. At least women are not emotionally stagnant like men and only consumed with just one thing. Most women have much more depth and are extremely complicated. Men are more brawn. Bad day for me to see this thread, feeling very "emotional " today.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you must 'control' your emotions, you are at war with yourself.

Such suppression leads to festering dissonance, and crisis. People 'blow their tops'.

Instead of 'controlling emotions', it is better to integrate empathy and self-awareness with the emotional field. Properly valuing decorum doesn't hurt, either.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

What reality is that ?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I wish men had to put up with this emotional roller coaster for just one month. Something called hormones, ever heard of them? They are responsible for the erratic behavior in most women. At least women are not emotionally stagnant like men and only consumed with just one thing. Most women have much more depth and are extremely complicated. Men are more brawn. Bad day for me to see this thread, feeling very "emotional " today.

Not in my experience. My life was ruined because i would not have sex with females, so there you go. Which gender is more obsessed with that thing, i would say females, from my experience, but you would say men. Who is right?

Man your gender goes to great lengths with grudges, lol

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I'm talking about people who aren't aware of their emotions who let themselves go crazy and wild and they don't care because they don't notice it themselves or chose to ignore them.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sorry Andy, I'm not quite sure what your saying.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
If you must 'control' your emotions, you are at war with yourself.

Such suppression leads to festering dissonance, and crisis. People 'blow their tops'.

Instead of 'controlling emotions', it is better to integrate empathy and self-awareness with the emotional field. Properly valuing decorum doesn't hurt, either.
I think that being taught to control your emotions is what leads to extreme swings in expressing them, barring medical reasons and hormones.
Self awareness yes, it could help. But I think if emotions were properly expressed at the MOMENT they happened then there would be no need to harbor them. When someone gets so angry that they blow their top, they are usually at a loss for problem solving and are so fed up and filled with stress that they cannot contain it. If someone is not getting respect in other areas of life, they blow up when they are driving, instead of asking or acting with self respect. So when the first sign of a "safe" place to blow appears they lose it.
Watch children and see how they automatically express their emotions, and forgive and forget a few hours later.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

My signature says it all: The secret to life is not minding what happens.
Emotions controlled.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by schrodingers dog]

top topics

join