It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on telepathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm interested in learning how to be telepathic and / or be able to predict things (lottery numbers would be perfect!). Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start because I have no idea?

How long does it take on average? Are there any side effects or dangers I should know about? I've heard if you get major headaches you should stop.

Thanks in advance for any advice

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.psipog.net

Go there. It is a good site.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Uh, I would advise you take a serious look into telepathy before you start to try it. Telepathy can be really hard, and trying emotionally. You never really know what's going to happen once you get good at it.

It almost sounds as if you are more into pre-cognition, which is what you would use to get the right lottery numbers.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I believe in telepathy although I find it harder to believe that they are getting the winning lottery numbers. Have you ever seen the same person win the lottery more than once? I'm sure some people with the gift are greedy and I havn't heard of such but I'm quite sure I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
First learn focus and meditation...learn to concentrate on one thing, in 3 dimensions. If you can do this you can learn to focus awareness from your surroundings to an object or person. If you focus and "think" about something in 3d, in your mind, as if you were actually looking at it, you transfer your awareness completely,...like daydreaming and tuning out everything else.
This takes time and practce to master
mysticweb.org...

There are no dangers, start slowly 10 mins a day...begin with breathing exercises, and focus....you will find there are peculiar "sensations", your brain is not accustom to "thinking" in this manner.
--Kristine

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes i think you should meditate a lot first i used to be eager to get gifts and even though you may not belive it you have to meditate normally to get them.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think you may view telepathy different than what it actually is. First of all, telepathy is the communication with other minds. You appear to be interested in precognition.

If you do get to the point where you want to predict lottery numbers, I'm satisfied you will be disappointed. Precognition doesn't give specifics even to that level.

Good luck though, and I support you in your venture.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
yo are you still there? have you ever heard of john yo kid from toronto. apparently can get lottery numbers from the future that would win, when your close or if he watch's a video recording of you you will hear his thoughts so he can watch the video when in the future giving you both the numbers, would you be interested?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Telepathy is not for the likes of humans my friend. There are 'people' out there that 'are' telepathic and able to prove it but they are deceptive in other ways. I would advise being extra careful around someone who has demonstrated their abilty to read your mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I recommend taking some Tai Chi classes to learn to cultivate and feel the flow of energies within yourself. Also understand that emotion is a very simple form of thought and yet a powerful energy.

As for the "lottery", the future is not a set thing. There are a large number of potential events that may or may not happen. John Doe going to the store for milk and eggs every Friday may have a high percent chance of happening, but the events leading up to an aircraft falling from the sky onto his head will be slim. Yet those are 2 events that might occur, just with different potential to happen. That's the true nature of time and events. Yoda had it right when he said, "Always in motion is the future".

Picking the winning lotto numbers is complicated by the millions of other people focusing all that psychic energy into that event, whether skillfully focused or just wishing really hard. There is also a cutoff time for lotto to be played that seems to run about 2 hours before the actual drawing. That's 2 hours for events you saw to be altered by entities, psychic human or otherwise, that don't much like the idea of you winning the lottery. So even if you actually foresee the numbers that would have won, some stray spirit can always wander by and give a little nudge so that you win nothing.

EDIT: 10 year old thread here, didn't realize someone dug it up.
edit on 2-2-2015 by Trihalo42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
in this " world" their will only be one set of lottery numbers, not multiple different sets, and i think people that are actually able to read your mind... would be able to proove it , how the hell could they not ? if it was real?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
the worst part is that these 2 fellows or alot of people// claim to be interested in paranormal activity's yet when it comes around and smacks them in the face, they simply run away or turn a blind eye.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wasnt trying to be gifted in telepathy or anything but realized after heavily meditating for months on end that I was starting to hear/transmit thoughts to and from other people. Some people were absolutely closed whereas others were open to communication and couldn't work out why. I didn't think anything off it, just thought it was weird. My guess is the communications are very subtle so it takes a mind that isn't bombarded with constant noise (stress from rat race etc) to be able to hear the messages.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If it starts, good luck getting it to shut up.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Telepathy is mind to mind communication. Predicting is more pre-cognition as others have stated.

If you actually meant telepathy, I will tell you I had the same desire about 15 years ago. I searched for many ways
and it can be difficult if you don't have others to practice or work with. That would be #1, someone who is open
minded and who doesn't jump to conclusions but looks at things as objectively as possible.

You need to practice with this person with one being the "sender" and one the "receiver". You will transmit to this
person and they will tell you their impressions. Try both because you may be better at receiving than sending.

Now, while I searched for years and studied methods, Edgar Cayce of Virginia Beach (1900s) had the best advice I
have ever found. He said to pick another person and at the same time each day, send and receive thoughts with the
other person and after 30 days, you would understand telepathy. I had a friend who did this me and we lived over 2000 miles
apart. We found we were both driving to work the same time each morning and so we did this thing for 15 minutes each
morning M-F.

We would compare notes each evening if possible via phone or email and some days we just made our notes and caught up
after a few days. I didn't notice too many interesting things (a few perhaps) and at our 30 day mark we felt we wanted to
continue due to the few odd things that we experienced. So, we continued on and at around 40-45 days is where it got
interesting. We continued on for another few months and at that point we both admitted that we were in-deed in telepathic
contact with each other.

There were so many things, I can't begin to describe, it's something to be experienced and then, you too, will understand
the mechanics of it. After this "experiment", we have found we only need to send/receive anytime we want to talk or
let the other know anything and over the last 15 years, it has amazed us beyond words...because that is exactly what it is.

oh..and if predicting lottery #s is a goal, I will offer up this....it is not about predicting the #s, it is about moving your consciousness to
another dimension/reality where those #'s are the winning ones.

edit on 3-2-2015 by dreampsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
brainwaves to RF
I did this Feb 14 2015 between 8-12pm. I and a voice I hear created this after I constructed a blocking object. I believe the block pushed the RF receiver to reveal the truth. The stereo was on CD mode, with a cable to my computer. Speakers are not fully connected as they are old.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
If it starts, good luck getting it to shut up.

It is as easy as closing a door or hanging up a phone. Unfortunately, those are abilities which are 'natural' or non-learned, people do this as if it is normal. A person sees a familiar person and the brain activates those parts to make them appear living, that is they endow it (the body) with a soul, a personality or spirit, something nontangible and so evident everyone takes this for granted. It all happens in a fraction of a second, the turning on and off of a few braincells and the corresponding feelings and awareness of the other.

Until something happens and presences can't be turned off and once the mind notices these presences other things might happen such as noticing spirits of the deceased and for a few this might lead to communications. Or when those parts of the brain don't work anymore due to illness and people can appear as walking corpses, with the observer unable to witness that special quality or the spirit.

We are all telepathic but are convinced there is no such thing in a society where the norm is nontelepathic. It's the egg and chicken question, to prove telepathy one has to become it first but without evidence this means one has to make oneself believe in something of which there is no evidence. A lot of things are done in the realm of the mind of which many are unaware of and might only be known as a general good or bad feeling about someone.

Besides it's is a tonne of work, it's not like there is a book about it one can read and get familiar with it. People know this at a gut level and many avoid it like the plague.

The experienced telepath can use emotions to remember someone and convey messages, it's easier said than done but it's all about good and bad, hot and cold, to turning off the mental image of someone else one must express cold emotions (but without the need to let the other know this or projecting it onto the other) to let the mind know to end a contact. The best way would be to think of some contact as being dead, just like the natural process when losing one forever yet knowing one might communicate with that person lateron again. A lesser method is to try and divert attention but this is a shaky method and one would need continuous distractions.

Best advice; start to believe in beings from other planets who are from a society which has telepathy and are more experienced, you might get lucky and they take pity on you and help you understand, if you can keep cool about it unless risking a trip to the mental ward.
edit on 19-2-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I can give you a method, however, I won't say that you can predict lottery numbers with it, and, also, I have to explain that the nature of telepathic communication is that it must remain secret.

Firstly, you need to have the capacity to think in silence. The "silence" is the conduit for telepathic frequencies, it can be seen as what allows words to travel from place to place. To do this, you need a "silent word" - basically, when you can think of this word in your mind as silent thought, then you know that you have reached this stage. Imagine that word, and imagine that it is stuck on a loop like a broken record, repeating itself over and over again but imagine that you know that it is being played, yet the volume is turned down so that you cannot hear it.

Now, this silent word (or phrase) will be your conduit for the first stage of telepathy, and that is, projecting sound through receptive objects.

Take your silent word and take an object like a radio or a telephone, or anything with a speaker - project your silent word through the object - you can do this by use of the imagination, you could imagine that your mind has contacted the circuits in the radio, and that your silent word is being transmitted through it. When you practice this, eventually, you should be able to hear your word being relayed through the object but you should not hear it inside your mind before you project it.

What is happening, is that you are transmitting a small amount of telepathic energy into the circuitry of the object, and it was strong enough to be relayed through the speaker telepathically.

So, your silent word can only be heard when you project it into something else, and it cannot be heard when you think to yourself about it. If you think of the phrase "hello" and you hear it in your mind first, then, it will not work, if you think of "hello" silently, and then project it into an object, and then when you have an auditory hallucination that the object is saying "hello" then you know you have cracked it.

At this stage you are entering a place that is usually the domain of schizophrenics, whom report hearing "voices" coming out of inanimate objects, it is dangerous because you might open your mind to hear many voices that you cannot control, so a word of warning, make sure that you are able to handle it.

So, you are able to project your silent word through an inanimate object, and "hear" it in your mind. The next stage is to do two things at the same time, think of the words that you want to project, for example "how are you today" and use your silent word to "carry" this phrase into the speaker of the radio. So, you are thinking of your silent word and the phrase "how are you today" and you are combining them together so that the "silence" carries your message through "sub-space".

It can be difficult when you use your own voice, so, another pointer is to use a fake voice, you could put on an accent for instance, or you could even go to the length of devising an "avatar":

To use an avatar, you have to create a "persona" for it, for example, I could think of Darth Vader and then when i project my thoughts into the radio, I can hear the radio saying "The force is strong in this one"...

If you want to know what I can do, I am at the level where I can take ambient sounds and "modulate" my thoughts through them, for example, I can listen to water running down a drain and then use that sound to carry my thoughts, and it sounds like the sink is talking to me.

Now you can project your thoughts into inanimate objects (that are capable of resonating telepathic "frequencies"), the next step is to be able to hear what others are projecting towards you.

You must only really engage with people that know you well and that trust you, like your friends. And the key, and this is important, is not to talk about it - do not mention in spoken words to anybody that you are experimenting with telepathy, as soon as you do this you will freak them out and thus they will create a wall in their mind. Really, you should not talk about it at all, this way, even when you hear the thoughts of others, the "mystery" remains, and you are not sure whether or not it is what they are really thinking. That is the way it is meant to be, and it is also the reason why telepathy cannot be proven, because, as far as you can tell, you are making it up.

That aside, when you start projecting to an animate object (a person) you will eventually start to hear things that they are thinking, and after a while you will start to become receptive. When this happens, you must continue to talk to them in your mind, but, and I repeat, do not talk about it out-loud with them, it must remain "secret".

Once you start to hear voices, you will know that you have opened that part of your mind. It can be very scary because you might start to hear negative thoughts, so, make sure you can handle it.

So, you might start hearing the voices of strangers, if you would not talk to them with spoken words, then, do not talk to them with telepathy.

If you start to break the rules and start to use your mind as a weapon or try to spy into people's minds (as opposed to only hearing what they want you to) then generally you will come into trouble.

When I engage telepathically, usually I talk to my cat or to others that are using telepathic "programs" to communicate - these use also use "avatars" so that you speak as an avatar "character" so that you remain anonymous. I have had many sessions where I ask people questions and get answers, and also answer other people's questions.

There are even "radio stations" out there...
edit on 19-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join