It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LHC was a bad idea from the start

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
They did it! Wooo Europe rules! In your face the rest of the world! Recorded collisions @ 7 TeV bitches.

awesome isn't it, i feel like we are landing on the moon again

anyone interested here's a live stream:
static.livestation.com...#

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Someday a crackpot conspiracist will say that these collisions never happened but were staged like the moon landings

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Imagine that! :p hehehe, i can see it already, its al fake, we never even set foot in space!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

I've had a bad feeling about this thing from the beginning.

Is it possile that this is what caused the Norway Spiral?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by XyZeR

I've had a bad feeling about this thing from the beginning.

Is it possile that this is what caused the Norway Spiral?

You've had a bad feeling about this? Ok then...
I'll call the guys at CERN, to say that Magicarose has a bad feeling about this and they'll need to call of the entire experiment...

Care to tell us why you have a bad feeling about it (please don't answer something whacky about blackholes consuming the earth)

FYI the Norway spiral was a failed Russian missle

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Any point in this aside from wasting valuable minds that could be working on cures for diseases, famine, or world energy problems? Curious as I am it does seem to be a waste.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Any point in this aside from wasting valuable minds that could be working on cures for diseases, famine, or world energy problems? Curious as I am it does seem to be a waste.

A waste? ...wow that's a strech....So teh point of the LHC to you is to waste the time of bright minds...lol

Please.... inform yourself, this is one of the most important experiments ever done to date. If the scientists indeed find what they are looking for, they wold finally be able to unite the 2 largest theories which are now divergent. (the standard model and Einstein's laws) they would come to a theory of everything which would explain both the huge marco scale of the cosmos, as the micro scale. We would finally know what gives particles their mass. we would finally know what gravity is. And this is a waste you say ?

Cern is also detecting "dark matter" and a few other experiments (Atlas, LHCb)

You want a solution for the world energy problems? the research at CERN might lead to it !

And you claim you're "curious",but imho if you really were curious you would have googled what the LHC does before posting your reply.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Cern is also detecting "dark matter" and a few other experiments (Atlas, LHCb)

You want a solution for the world energy problems? the research at CERN might lead to it !

And you claim you're "curious",but imho if you really were curious you would have googled what the LHC does before posting your reply.

Did they? I thought they could maybe detect some; but not yet?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Trying to create a tiny black hole? The angels are laughing all day and night.

How downright dumb humans can be. We will never create dark matter / black hole with machines. Think out of the box.

[edit on 4 1 2010 by wisdomnotemotion]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

But even LHC themselves admitted it is a possibility, but Hawkings radiation would stop it. If that exists anyways

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If science wants to progress they need to be able to do experiments like these. I agree with your statement that they do not entirely know what they are doing.

They have an idea about what they are doing and what to expect. But if they were sure about what they are doing and what to expect they wouldn't need that accelerator.

I have no knowledge of these kind of sciences but what i do know is that they are juggle with gigantic numbers. They are in some cases gigantic small but in other situations gigantic big.

They say that a created blackhole will be too small and instable to survive and that it will disappear instantly.

But what do they know about the behaviour and properties of blackholes? Not very much I think. Maybe it will disappear to an other dimension or universe and will grow there and will it become a distroyer of worlds.

Maybe one of the created blackholes will be so small AND STABLE and will they not be able to detect it and not aware of excistance......until somebody does and throws a hammer at it or tries to kill it with throwing a bucket of water over it.

Anyways...they already have buildingplans for the next generation of particle accelerators....a lineair one, a more powerfull one.....and they are excited about it already.

Personally, I honnestly do not worry that much about what might go wrong. The thing that worries me the most is why they think it is justifiable to use that enormes amount of tax-payers money to built it....and an other one......and an other one.

They are all scientists and I understand that they will not complain if they can have the money to do some elaborate advanced experiments but somewhere the decision is made to go ahead and that it is worth it.

When I watched the start-up the other day, they spent a lot of time explaining what is happening when there is a collision and how the machine does work but there is only a few minutes about what the importance is for the world we live in and that it is money well spent.

And that something which does also worries me......is there a double agenda maybe?

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 6-4-2010 by zatara]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I think your off your rocker a little bit OP. They know exactly what its going to do. It happens constantly in our upper atmosphere and happens there at higher energies.

These guys are professionals, not some 2 bit hacks or mad scientists. They have already broken the TeV record3-4 times since they began circulating beams and we are still here.

It's been running for a while now and we're still here.

GET OVER IT

Stop being afraid of a phantasm. I only hope this is the last LHC blasting thread considering it's operational, has been operational at record TeVs and the only people looking rediculous now are the nay sayers.

How this spawned multiple pages of discussion is beyond me

But then again, with all the pseudoscince slinging whack-a-moles weilding their the keyboards and Iphones I guess it isn't to surprising.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
They did it! Wooo Europe rules! In your face the rest of the world! Recorded collisions @ 7 TeV bitches.

Before you use questionable vocabulary on this forum, do yourself a favor by researching the subject. The Unites States is a major contributor to the technology, hardware and computing used by LHC, and hundreds of people here in the US spent years of their lives working their @sses off to make it happen, including yours truly. Your post is offensive as much as it is nonsense.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I think your off your rocker a little bit OP. They know exactly what its going to do. It happens constantly in our upper atmosphere and happens there at higher energies.

These guys are professionals, not some 2 bit hacks or mad scientists. They have already broken the TeV record3-4 times since they began circulating beams and we are still here.

It's been running for a while now and we're still here.

GET OVER IT

Stop being afraid of a phantasm. I only hope this is the last LHC blasting thread considering it's operational, has been operational at record TeVs and the only people looking rediculous now are the nay sayers.

How this spawned multiple pages of discussion is beyond me

But then again, with all the pseudoscince slinging whack-a-moles weilding their the keyboards and Iphones I guess it isn't to surprising.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by constantwonder]

You're harsh...
I don't believe something bad will happen. But there is always a possibility... So why would we not speak on that matter?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
what about the lhc today?
What about the volcano's?

Now everybody talks about the gulf oil spill, but what about LHC?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Trying to create a tiny black hole? The angels are laughing all day and night.

How downright dumb humans can be. We will never create dark matter / black hole with machines. Think out of the box.

Let me guess, the angels told you so?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

A waste? ...wow that's a strech....So teh point of the LHC to you is to waste the time of bright minds...lol

Please.... inform yourself

have to say i agree with with ventian. the lhc was a big waste of money and resources that could have been used on something that actually helped people. supposedly its supposed to recreate events that "could" have happened after the "big bang", one problem with that though.......theyre basing a theory on a theory thats never been and never will be proven as fact.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by bismos]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So its still up and running?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join