It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LHC was a bad idea from the start

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbr45
Exactly, and thus far we can only speculate, and specualtion at some point leads to all of our deaths.

Darlin', speculation doesn't lead to all of our deaths, being BORN leads to all of our deaths. *shakes head*

Tell you what, relax and enjoy what life you DO have while you have it and if things go awry and we all die, you can say "I told you so."

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry, but I most certainly DO know what happens when you can produce never ending power... if you fail to see how that is a bad thing then perhaps you should stop telling me I do not know what I speak about.

I will enjoy the life I have... I already do, but I hate the idea that we are going to do something we do not fully understand when there is a possibility it kills us all.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Hes only stating what he believes i dont think you should just say he doesnt know anything about the subject when it sounds like you dont know that much either.

but why dont you try to convince us of what you believ inbstead of just quitting when it gets too much.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Good post theyre its all just speculation right now sopmething might happen something might not who knows well find out soon enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
hey im a new comer to this website

from what ive read about this i just dont see why anybody would want to create this, ye it might be good in the future if.. it works but if it doesnt work then who knows what might happen. Literly

in my opinion nothing is good unless it has been proven to help us rather then destroy us, i dont think anybody can know what is really gunna happen. One little misshap and.... well i'll let you think about what could happen.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
LHC doesn't exist. nothin will happen. nothing ever happens

It will be okay.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of a BBC documentary from 2005 entitled End Day in which several end of the world scenarios are played out including the earth imploding into a man made black hole but for the life on me I can't find an online version of it.

I checked youtube etc

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The LHC won't create an endless supply of energy infact it will consume 1000 GWh (linky.)

Even fusion energy won't create that much energy as a lot of energy has to be put back into the system to contain it, and this is too my last post in this topic umbr45 as you don't seem to have a clue about anything you are talking about.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by -Klaus-]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by excelentsThis reminds me of a BBC documentary from 2005 entitled End Day in which several end of the world scenarios are played out including the earth imploding into a man made black hole but for the life on me I can't find an online version of it.

I checked youtube etc

www.youtube.com...

Uhm, I am going to recommend that the scared kiddo not watch this video.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I never claimed it would produce such energy, another member did. He seemed to think he knew more than me so I trusted him...

Apparently he did not know as much as he thought...

I am not some scared kid... I am simply not scared to look at the bad side where we don't come out with a bunch of new knowledge.

Oh and by the way, I am not the person dishing out names here, that seems childlike to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I dont think any of us are really scared otherwise we wouldnt look at all the bad possibilities wed be just too scared.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by excelentsThis reminds me of a BBC documentary from 2005 entitled End Day in which several end of the world scenarios are played out including the earth imploding into a man made black hole but for the life on me I can't find an online version of it.

I checked youtube etc

www.youtube.com...

Uhm, I am going to recommend that the scared kiddo not watch this video.

Erm, thank you. I'm a tool.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by excelents

eh, I had it bookmarked to send to a friend who missed the program when it aired. You just reminded me to do so (several months after the fact
)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by -Klaus-

If you cared to read my post you would have seen that what I said was that the discoveries made at the LHC could lead to a better understanding of the binding forces of the atomic nucleus. Which MAY eventually lead to T.E.C. . But you obviously didnt care or didnt understand what I was saying, instead you twisted things around.
So I guess my 2 degrees in related fields are irrelevant, oh well, Im just another dead man anyway right......

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

No I understood fully... if it did lead to such discoveries there is a good chance it would very liekly be done by those at CERN as they would have the best understanding.

And if you read your post it does rather imply that is one of the goals... You may have degrees, but you do not know everything.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

ALERT-- The writer of this response is a publicly unknown, but well regarded clairvoyant and telepath.
I have been having strange dreams lately, that I can't figure. Maybe picking up a transmission from someone. Dulce? The LHC perhaps? Too much cheap vodka, insanity?
I'm not saying anything will go wrong, but someone is doing something very wrong and dangerous, and I believe I'm picking up a signal. Dreams crawling with large mutated creatures. Human like.
Oh well, it's probably just Dulce.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the sky is falling! the sky is falling!

wait a min.... the sky is not falling!

its simply fear and ignorance.

flip the switch and get to some serious research already, ignore the proles who couldnt distinguish a quark from a muon if their daytime tv riddled lives depended on it!!!

its time to unravel gods handiwork even further, so get crackin'!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The ignorance around here is incredible, cmon, I am willing to bet that more than 75% of the people against the LHC have no clue as to what creates a black hole. Actually you should catch that right there, but honestly the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else, is when not scientific people ALL OF THE SUDDEN come and say oh these guys are stupid and don't know what they are doing.

WTF WTF WTF..The men that have made this machine are absolute geniuses. This should be being praised for not only the mere creation but what it is going to reveal to us about our very existence.

It WILL NOT cause a black hole, and we will still be here in a couple of days. Thats that, if you want to argue, look on google and see what there is to know.

But of course no one will do even that, because they are confident that they know more and w/e I'm not gonna keep doing this. Has anyone been noticing the amount of ridiculous posts recently, and the funny thing is, it's not fringe science, ITS REAL LiFE THINGS. Pretty soon were gonna have to break off and make a new ATS b/c were getting flooded with idiots, honestly, idiots.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Once again I do not claim to know anything.

But of the scientists know EVERYTHING they already know what will happen. As long as they don't there is still an unknown element.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbr45
Once again I do not claim to know anything.

But of the scientists know EVERYTHING they already know what will happen. As long as they don't there is still an unknown element.

Just give up. Youre repeating yourself.

YOu know NOTHING of particle physics, or the scientific method. You, with every post, are showing that you are only a kid.

Let the thread move on with people who have something MORE to say.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join