It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biodefense lab built at Ft. Detrick Md

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is inside so far at the new biodefense lab being built at Ft. Detrick. I belive its set to be dedicated on Oct. 1

Pat Fitch, left, NBACC lab director, and Pat Weaver, NBACC director of infrastructure operations, talk about construction progress at National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center at Fort Detrick recently

A large open area with many windows is part of the new National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center being built at Fort Detrick.

During a tour recently of the under construction National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center Pat Fitch, NBACC lab director, talks about equipment in the veterinary area including a large cage washer.

Pat Weaver, NBACC director of infrastructure operations, conducts a tour of one of the interstitial floors of the new lab. This is an area with utility systems for labs on the floor below.

One of the features of the interstitial floor above the labs at the NBACC are corrosion-resistant Pyrex drain lines like the ones at the center of the photo.

This is an area outside one of the biosecurity level-4 labs at the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center. These labs are for studying the most dangerous organisms. Conducting a recent tour are Pat Weaver, left, NBACC director of infrastructure operations, and Pat Fitch, NBACC lab director.

Pat Weaver, NBACC director of infrastructure operations, points out features of one of the windows into a biosecurity level-4 lab. He likened the lab, for studying the most dangerous organisms, to a sealed submarine within the building.

This is a view through a window in a hallway into one of the biosecurity level-4 labs under construction at the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center. This lab has the highest security for studying the most dangerous organisms.

This is a ground level view of the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center being built at Fort Detrick showing the side with a distinctive curved shape.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Interesting stuff. You know, I see this stuff and while the contractors work on it you know they have to wonder "What's gonna go on in these walls I'm building?" I mean who knows what stuff they'll test, who they'll test it on, etc. I see this and I immediately think Resident Evil

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by loner

Nice post Loner, always interesting to see inside these places before they become classified sites.

Thanks

Robbie

join