It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Scientists: Use Spaceships To Block Out The Sun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Jesus, if they're wanting to go to such great lengths to cool the planet, why not just build a partial Dyson's Sphere?

Anyhow, I think a far more practical solution would be to set up artificial shade locations here on earth... it would probably cost us just as much as sending entire ships between here and the sun.

Plus you can regulate how much heat is absorbed, and how much is reflected back out from earth if it's done here.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
This crap sounds more scary than Global warming!

Almost as if they are using it as an excuse to do this madness.

I completely agree! It's insanity!

We don't get enough sunlight as it is, so this is no answer! They're really starting to believe their own myths! Incredible!

There is less CO2 in the atmosphere now than there has been in the past, and we KNOW nature survived!

Who said all this warming was a bad thing, anyway???

They're going to end up creating massive problem by doing stupid things like this, based on very bad science (if any!), and pressure from "environmentalists" who very clearly have agendas.

It's all driven by money. The problem is people buy this crap.

I'm rather concerned frankly at the apparently lack of intellect in the world to say what crap this is, and to demand some real science based on facts, not some computer model that is heavily flawed.

There is not enough transparency in any of this, and the conclusions are skewed by the fact the scientists want to hang on to funding, and by those who fund them.

People are far too quick to buy lies of politicians. Doesn't the fact that someone like Al Gore is pushing this hard ring alarm bells?!?!

I often wonder about the intellect of the human race.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think this idea of using ships to spray water would be a lot more economical, and sounds a lot less um... sinister.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Plus the ships could come in handy for all sorts of other things.

But I'm sure you all think it's a terrible idea too.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Sounds like a good plan to me, honestly, no sarcasm there.

The rays of the sun is the main heat source of the earth, so if the earth gets too hot why not block the heat source? Simple logic, like if the room gets too hot just turn down the heater.

I hope they carry it out soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

STOP!

No more ideas from scientists, please.

If they're not blowing up the moon or creating miniature black holes, they're blocking out the sun.

I'm no Luddite, but this has got to stop.

If you mess with the sun, you affect a HUGE range of environmental variables, including thermal currents in the ocean, oxygen levels in the atmosphere, algae levels, vegetation growth, animal behavior, atmospheric pressure..I could go on, but it's pointless. The sun is THE biggest influence on our tiny clockwork world. Screw with that? Are you friggin' serious?

The world we live on is PERFECT. It works now, and it's worked for billions of years. We are not going to make it better, we are not going to improve upon it. All we can do is break it in an utterly moronic attempt to fix what doesn't need fixing. So, let's not, eh?

If they want to experiment, they should do it in a lab, not with our earth. If the experiment is a bust in the lab, no big deal. If they screw up and cause some horrible chain reaction, and the experiment is taking place across the entire planet - we're all doomed.

Are they stupid, or just prideful? Maybe a bit of both?

Have they even considered the many variables? Have they considered the ramifications at all?

What sort of scientists are these, exactly?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be easier to just build one of these?!?!?

[edit on 3/9/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Great. So they go block out the sun, kill all the crops and therefore anything that eats those crops, everybody dies.

And those knowledgeable scientists will stand back and say 'well...the THEORY was correct.....'

STOP THINKING. The way these idiot proponents of man-made global warming are going they will exterminate all of us through their own ignorance and sheer stupidity.

I actually heard Mr Kevin Rudd, Australia's Prime Minister, telling a journalist that the world's 'Top 5000 scientists agree this is happening'. I wanted to jump through the tv screen and throttle him. Our own bloody Prime Minister is as ignorant as the redneck next door.

I'm moving to Mars. Who's coming with?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
THE REALITY OF GLOBAL WARMING

Case Closed

Move along quietly... nothing to see here folkes

[edit on 3-9-2008 by zorgon]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Bush and the elite are going their... Venus is better... They lied about greenhouse gases there too

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Kryties

Bush and the elite are going their... Venus is better... They lied about greenhouse gases there too

To Venus or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm serious.....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by DocEmrick

I thought scientists told Al Gore it was people who were causing global warming. Now it`s the suns fault? Gee, can`t they make up their minds whos fault it really is?

Al Gore is an idiot. Its not the people of earth that are creating a shift in warming, its the Sun and the earth. Since the world was created, it has had numberous heating and cooling phases. We just happen to be in the heating phases. The so called global warming has only increased temperatures to 1%, nothing to get alarmed about. I think gloabl warming was made up so the can justify a "carbon tax" Another scheme to take more money out of our pockets.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

I agree with you. Why worry about this planet, it has taken care of itself from the start. I`m sure when Earth gets tired of our stupid ways, it will let us know and then do something about it. Who knows, maybe that`s what it`s gearing up to do now. Why do we think we have to fix something that is just a normal part of Earths cycles. Your only going to hurt yourself in the end. I think we need to fix our ways of thinking first before trying to fix the Earth. Take the funding we give those scientists and fix society, not the Earth.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

from propagandamatrix.com , what is this George W Bush website?

Bush: "You Have To Keep Repeating Things To Catapult The Propaganda"

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Scientists could easily resolve global warming by using Free Energy. But the fact is, they will not use it until the oil companies have ran out of oil and made as much money as they possibly can. They will not let any company start producing generators which will allow for free electricity because they would basically lose everything they have yet to make money off. Now i am not being funny but is everyone on this site really to lazy to stop writing about this stuff and actually get out there and do something to stop these idiots we have in power!? Because these presidents and laws we have, come from the people we allow to run this this world. We as people run this world but we allow to have the one or two people run it for us. Think about it, who protects the president and the many others who surround him?.....You and me. We are the people who become police officers. We are the people who join the army and we are the people who think that we cannot question are own rules. If we as a country, as a nation, AS THE WORLD. STAND UP AS ONE and show people who they are really protecting. You really think they would stop you. I know if i was working for the government or was working for the army, if i had someone say to me to kill someone or stop someone who has a right to life and freedom. I would throw my badge or gun at them and say your in the wrong. Instead of thinking that what they tell you is right and thats what you have to abide by! Still i feel most of you on here cannot grasp what i am saying. So let me put it this way.

There is few of them but millions of us. Who you think will win?

We allow these people to stay in power because we feel we need presidents, we feel we need laws and we feel we need a system in which governs everyone, money!

Seriously, if any of you have anything inside you, stop typing and start walking. Do something to get these people out of this system we are in. If you are intelligent people you will understand what i mean. There is no need for violence and destruction, just people power. We as a whole own our world, not the few!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by MyCommentMatters]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by MyCommentMatters]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyCommentMatters
Scientists could easily resolve global warming by using Free Energy. But the fact is, they will not use it until the oil companies have ran out of oil and made as much money as they possibly can.

The FACT is....

Global Warming Reality Check

The results of the second graph below are created from Ice Core samples that they drilled above Lake Vostok in Antarctica...

For those who do not know Lake Vostok is a huge unfrozen lake deep below the ice in Antarctic... The water has not seen the light of day for 420,000 years. It is kept from freezing by geothermal conditions at the bottom of the lake

They recently stopped drilling because they started to find microbes that have never been seen before and a wise scientist suggested it might not be a good idea to release microbes from a lake from 420,000 years ago

Bad idea???
YOU THINK?? Gave that man a MEDAL

Now look at the first chart covering recent history... notice the SUDDEN decline from 1300 to 1400 Its almost a straight line... THIS change triggered the invention of the fireplace, tapestries on walls of castles and window panes to keep the cold out...

Point is it CAN happen very quickly... and there was NO industrial revolution an huge population or cow flatulence to blame that time

Now here is the Lake Vostock record....

From 415,000 years ago to present... Look at it closely... THINK about it and notice the regularity of the cycles and their LENGTH

Now if that doesn't wake some people up I don't know what will

I am going to add one note....

The polar caps are melting quickly in this time of heat... so are the ice flows on land and even the glaciers in the Himalaya's

Let me show you what happened the last time it was at a peak warming period...

Get the picture yet?

Here is a better view... Seems like my home is high and dry...
I remember an old Bill Cosby skit called NOAH... and a famous line from that comes to mind to all those living in the Atlantean States...

"How long can you tread water.... hahahaha" Bill Cosby

Brings a whole new perspective to the NWO term "New Atlantis" doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
STOP!
No more ideas from scientists, please.
If they're not blowing up the moon or creating miniature black holes, they're blocking out the sun.

You forgot the team that is drilling into Lake Vostok to release 420,000 year old microbes... anyone remember Legionnaires disease?

You forgot about the team who wanted to drill a hole into Yellowstone to release the pressure.
Ever shake a bottle of champaign and pop the cork?

I have a list
Fortunately cooler heads have prevailed and those two have been stopped... whew...

What sort of scientists are these, exactly?

The same sort that thought is was a good idea to Nuke the Moon to see if they can 'stir up' 'organic' material... "Well Carl there WAS life there...."
This was Carl Sagan's idea... the USAF wanted it to be big enough to be seen from Earth to send a message to Russia

The same sort that when asked if the first A Bomb would cause a chain reaction and destroy the world said."Frankly we don't know...??" and went ahead anyway... Just why did then need to test over 900 in Nevada alone? The ground below is contaminated for 25,000 years... did not the ones dropped on Japan show that they WORKED???

And now if the Poles DO reverse and leave our planet without a shield for an undetermined amount of time, not to worry, the HAARP arrays all around the world can toss up a replacement shield

Of course... this has yet to be tested

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Don't worry. This past month was a full month with NO SUN SPOTS.
No sun spots = colder climate.

It's all in the sun spots - not with space vehicles putting us in the shade.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
climate change, is a fake term, there simply isn't any climate change on this planet, this so called climate change, has been going on for so many million years its not worth thinking about it. the trees are taking care of the so called Co2 problems us humans are making on this planet, that simply isn't true, the real problem is the water levels. every 100 years the whole ocean gets higher I'm wondering where does this extra water come from ?.

then there is the human greed and our biggest issue, Money ! and TAX systems being integrated because of this climate change term. which was invented by a old man living outside human civilization. deep into the cold Arctic.

if you ever wanted to find the answers to so called climate change, look in the dry desserts they were once full of water ! that water simply shifted away, tones of water gets moved every day by the weather system. mountains are known to shape the weather pattern, this effects the land. and what grows around it.

this whole climate change, is a fake, its simple as that everybody, those climate change activists should be locked somewhere deep in the Arctic where they belong all of them. and i truly mean those MAC users with Mac laptops and shouting climate change !! is real !

published by mysoogal blog for abovetopsecret

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I concur. Plus, didn't they do this idea in Highlander 2, and again on the Simpsons?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
It's all driven by money. The problem is people buy this crap.

You got that right...

Remember the OZONE Hole? Do they still teach basic science in schools anymore?

There was so much money put into researching why there was a hole in the ozone layer

For those who STILL buy into that hype... I wonder how many even know what ozone is... so I will add a little bit at the end here...

But after years of money and media coverage.. a few smart scientists said "Hey wait a minute... the hole has ALWAYS been there... its natural"

And since then there has been a lot less coverage... but still it won't go away

To those who do not know..

Ozone is OXYGEN... Oxygen has two 'hooks' that latch onto other molecules so it looks like this -O- Water or Dyhydrogen Oxide (Hydrogen Rust
) is H2O looks like this H=O=H (H has one 'hook')

OXYGEN is poisonous to us... fortunately for us O does not like to be alone and thus what we breath is O2 looks like this... O=O

OZONE is created when UV from the sun hits O=O and forces a third -O- into the group... O=O=O (can't show it as a triangle in text
)

This molecule is what you get after a lighting storm as well and gives you that fresh air smell and that clean smell of laundry hung in the air to dry...

O3 is heavier than O2... falls down... releases its energy and goes back to its natural state of O2... If an oxygen atom and an ozone molecule meet, they recombine to form two oxygen molecules:
O3 + O· → 2 O2

And the cycle begins all over

This is really simplified but you get the idea

There is little or no Ozone over the poles because there is very little direct sunlight to create it in the first place

I am all for stopping pollution in any form... I happen to like clean fresh air and you cannot see the far side of the Grand Canyon anymore in summer... but lets at least attack the right causes

Now as a perfect example of what can go wrong when scientists and engineers make a boo boo...

Scientist... Public Enemy # 1

Well at least "THOSE" kind

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join