It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don LaFontaine Dies at 68

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Don LaFontaine Dies at 68

www.etonline.com

Voiceover Master Don LaFontaine has died. He was 68.

LaFontaine, far right, is pictured above with ET's Mark Steines and Mary Hart, and fellow voiceover artist Randy Thomas.

LaFontaine, known as the "King of Voiceovers," died Monday afternoon at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. LaFontaine's agent, Vanessa Gilbert, tells ET that he passed away following complications from Pneumothorax, the presence of air or gas in the pleural cavity, the result of a collapsed lung. ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Remember that guy who always does the voice overs in movies and trailers? Yeah, this is THAT guy. With him missing from the television and movie industries, I'm going to feel like a little chunk of something is missing every time I hear a voice over. His voice and speaking abilities were truly great, and I will miss him. I wish his family and friends the best.

www.etonline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/2/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nobody cares? Or is it too early/late right now? I'll check back later to see. This man was really important, and I wonder how his absence will effect the "voiceover" industry.

[edit on 9/2/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And the mainstream media wonders why it's ratings are falling?

I had no clue who this guy was, and the article from ETOnline didn't let me know either. Then SonicInfinity posts actual SOUND (well, video really) of his voice, and I go "Aha! I know that guy!"

How hard would it have been for ETOnline to put in a short couple of sound blurbs so everyone would know this guy?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I know what you mean. It's starting to annoy me that CNN, FOX, and MSNBC haven't yet even wrote an article about it. If it was Britney Spears, they would be all over it in 5 seconds. I hope the media doesn't overlook this man's death altogether.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
That sucks. I actually knew who he was, knew his name. Awesome voice, he will be missed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
His was one of those stories that we all admire and hope will be ours: Falling bassackward into an enjoyable career with super bucks and nearly complete anonymity.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its too bad. His voice will be hard to replace.

He was awesome

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Very sad. He was THE voice of movie trailors. RIP

new topics

top topics

join