It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

u2u flash light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
since the u2u system crashed a while a go and the new one was established i have got mysterious phenomenons with mine:
the u2u red flash light is on constantly - even if there are NO new u2u at all

a friend got the same problem and told me that she had to delete her very 1st u2u after the crash - did that too, no change
than i tried to delete all the u2us - not possible
a certain u2u can.t be deleted even if the system tells me "has been deleted"
i don.t belive in love affair between a u2u and the reader so it must be a technical problem
does anybody else got the same problem?

btw. and i haven.t got a u2u counter anymore which tells me that i have x out of 50 u2us

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
since the u2u system crashed a while a go and the new one was established i have got mysterious phenomenons with mine:
the u2u red flash light is on constantly - even if there are NO new u2u at all

[..]
a certain u2u can.t be deleted even if the system tells me "has been deleted"

That's odd. Never happened to me but I'd guess the u2u that can't be deleted and the indicator light that wont go off are related.

btw. and i haven.t got a u2u counter anymore which tells me that i have x out of 50 u2us

If I'm not mistaken since the reformat you're allowed an unlimited amount of u2u's but any one older than 45 days(?) is automatically deleted. If you want to keep them you need to move them somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Ok did you also clear out your "Out box" ? Delete anything from staff members as that seems to make it stick sometimes,

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

My U2U button has been constantly lit up for about a week now too. I just deleted my out box and it didn't fix it. I would rather not delete my entire inbox, especially if that doesn't work.

But you are not alone, I am having the same issue.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Save the ones you don't want to delete and that should fix it...

Delete and save until your "InBox" is empty...

Semper

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well, I just started by deleting all of the "so and so posted a comment to your profile" U2U's and eventually it cleared the issue.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

That's odd. Never happened to me but I'd guess the u2u that can't be deleted and the indicator light that wont go off are related./quote]

this is what i would have guessed too after i detected it!

If I'm not mistaken since the reformat you're allowed an unlimited amount of u2u's but any one older than 45 days(?) is automatically deleted. If you want to keep them you need to move them somewhere else.

cool that is great (although i spent points to upgrade u2u shortly before the crash :puz

but hopefully the automatically delete will solve the problem with the undeleteable u2u
thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Ok did you also clear out your "Out box" ? Delete anything from staff members as that seems to make it stick sometimes,

not yet!
but the problem occured before i got "official" u2u
will try that asala
thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
just deleted ALL my u2us beside the saved ones
and the light is OFF

thanks all for your help
hopefully the light doesn.t stick to mean: there is any read or unread u2u in your box

[edit on 2-9-2008 by orange-light]

top topics

join