It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater again in New Orleans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

But perhaps the most startling call for forces comes from Blackwater, the controversial prviate security contractor. The firm -- which famously patrolled New Orleans after Katrina -- is "compiling a list of qualified security personnel for possible deployment into areas affected by Hurricane Gustav," according to an e-mail obtained by R.J. Hillhouse.

blog.wired.com...
is there any information that in fact they have been hired again, or is this a ploy on their part to get their foot in the door? I am unclear on this. the article isn't very conclusive on that, and i'd like to know more.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Just a dry-run, or wet in this instance.

Pay them millions of dollars to practice. The American dream alive in in action.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
With as many main stream media reporters as there are in that area right now, they would have been reporting if they were seeing private security forces. Especially ones toting around MP5's, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
With as many main stream media reporters as there are in that area right now, they would have been reporting if they were seeing private security forces. Especially ones toting around MP5's, etc.

i'm not so sure. I honestly didn't know that Blackwater was involved in new Orleans with Katrina until i read this article, it just wasn't talked about very much. I remember the National Guard being talked about, but not Blackwater. So, i'm still unclear, have they been hired or not? Is it likely to happen?

top topics

join