It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Mccain is indeed elected....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
And happens to die early on, this would put PALIN in charge.

If she tries tries to mandate and enact various religious legislation such as
preyer in schools or an official national religion, ( much like the official American language is English legislation)

Which specific form of religion would be used?

Specifically? In your best judgment?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Me I don't know... I am concerned with this because teaching religion in a public
realm can get very messy very fast.

I just hope you do not have the poor fortune of being an atheist, JEW, muslim, witness,
mormon, Buddhist.

I say this because I doubt it would be any of the above.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Me I don't know... I am concerned with this because teaching religion in a public

Like it isn't already messy.

Any mention of Christmas or anything Christian brings in lawsuits and court orders. Mentioning and celebrating other religious holidays is normally encouraged and respected.

Yea I am sure Obama will fix this.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Like it isn't already messy.

Any mention of Christmas or anything Christian brings in lawsuits and court orders. Mentioning and celebrating other religious holidays is normally encouraged and respected.

Yea I am sure Obama will fix this.

No... But I believe Palin would agitate this... Thats all.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I just hope you do not have the poor fortune of being an atheist, JEW, muslim, witness,
mormon, Buddhist.

If Obama is elected I just hope you aren't Christian because there is only one messiah and that is Obama.........

Yes this game is very easy to play.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

How will Palin agitate it?

Is she gonna send in the ACLU to stop the Islam awareness events in public schools?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Perhaps Palintology where you worship the bones of Dead republicans.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Perhaps Palintology where you worship the bones of Dead republicans.

ROFL so its a choice between Palintology and Obamaism.

Even though I do like Palin over the other guys, I have to admit there is a bit of Palintology going on and there are people who think her personal life should be sacred and untouchable.

But the number of Palintology followers are small compared to the media backed Obama cult, as of now that is.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

But the number of Palintology followers are small compared to the media backed Obama cult, as of now that is.

It does seem that way, for now.

The whole thing has taken on an air of surrealness that it's almost like watching a play by Hunter S. Thompson, if he would have been a playwrite. may he rest in peace.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

How will Palin agitate it?

Is she gonna send in the ACLU to stop the Islam awareness events in public schools?

because she is a bible literalist... She believes that the bible 100% accurate.

SO when all the kiddies prey each morning what do the JEWS do if the preyer is new testament?

Same question for any Muslims - All the christians kids praising jesus and all but the weirdo who busts out a mat and faces east while bobbing up and down.

Or how about the kids who do not want to prey?

How about all the kids who don't want to sit in a room filled with preying kids.

I can go on and on...

Another one teaching creationism and evolution at the same time?????????????????

I would love to hear that one.

"OK kids these are dinosaurs, they are 500 million years old, but some people think they were put on the earth to test our faith in god?????????????????????????????????? "

Thats enough for me.

GOODLUCK with this one, once you bring religion into the fold there will be blood on the street within a year. I would bet on it! CW II and I will be busting caps myself!

Although I would love to see the Vatican, LDSers and Fundamentalists fight for influence.

PRAISE THE LORD!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

And if Obama is elected, the church of global warming, Muslim and gay appreciation days, with Obama as the messiah would be taking over the schools.

Exactly what is the difference again?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And if Obama is elected, the church of global warming, Muslim and gay appreciation days, with Obama as the messiah would be taking over the schools.

The difference is your scenario is fanciful and unrealistic... My is not to far fetched.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Church of Global Warming? That's about the last thing I hear him talking about on the stump. Hardly seems radical on the topic. Plus, there's a big difference between promoting being a good global citizen versus believing that the second coming of Christ is imminent. Given both options, I'd rather have the former with their finger on the button.

Muslim? Could have sworn Obama was Christian. Pretty sure he doesn't think of himself as the Messiah.

Palin on the other hand! Whoa Nelly! You all thought looking into Putin's eyes and seeing his soul made for great foreign policy strategy! Just wait until Palin starts quoting scripture during Vice Presidential Briefings, then we'll have ourselves a good ole time!

top topics

join