It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Vultures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I read a story a couple of years ago, it featured a race of primates (not us) in a universe filled with primarily bipedal apes. This race were the leaders of a empire, that grew by monitering a races growth, until they reached self destruction (this was mostly limited to thelarger hominids). At which point they'd sweep down, rescue the survivors who would then be endleslly thankful to them for saving themsevles, and continue along.
Eventually they reach Earth during the Cold War Era, and they wait for humanity to destroy itself, so they can gather up the useful survivors and go on.
Just to make it clear, they believed they were the moral high ground, and I'm sure there are folks on ATS who would agree. Anyway, as the Cold Ward whent on, Humanity didn't destroy itself. SOmething remarkably uncommon. The aliens start to consider inciting the war, and begin abducting folks to try to understand why the war hasn't erupted. They are shaken when one of the abductees compare them to vultures.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm afraid I don't remember the author, it may have been Asimov. But it certainly makes me think about several of the threads that make their way around ATS, and of the people who would willingly submit to aliens if they offered to save us from ourselves. (Yet several of these same folks seem to be against the NWO, ironic. )
SO my point is, maybe the aliens aren't here to save us, maybe they are waiting for us to destroy ourselves. And, maybe if we don't, they'll do it for us, so they can come in and "save" us.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
hmmmm
certainly gives you something to think about. I like this thread, good one to consider. If you remember the author or name of that book i'd like to know....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

It was a small anthology of Scfi stories, I can't remember the title. I'm almost certain it was a Isaac Asimov collection, but wether he wrote them, or it was a collection I don't remember. I know I still have the book, but I have to dig it up.
Oh yeah, the cover had a monkey with a tail on it, with a red space suit, looking over his should at the "camera" on the moon, with Earth in the background..

new topics

top topics

join