It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning of the End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The Beginning of the End

www.nytimes.com

The Large Hadron Collider starts smashing protons together this summer at the European Center for Nuclear Research, or Cern, outside Geneva, in hopes of grabbing a piece of the primordial fire, forces and particles that may have existed a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang.

Critics have contended that the machine could produce a black hole that could eat the Earth or something equally catastrophic.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
sify.com
www.boston.com

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Large Hadron Collider is days away from being tested. What if the Christian rapture occurred simultaneously? Millions and millions of people disappear, and countries would blame the LHC test, which is the perfect excuse. Alternatively, what if countries blamed each other for the disappearances creating another World War.
Or what if the LHC somehow made it possible for all true and dedicated believers to enter into the spiritual world without dying? It's very possible, especially if the LHC can make other dimensions visible.

This theory could coincide with the theory of the rapture happening in September 2008 becuase of the future eclipses which makes it even more possible of happening.

Countries would have excuses to fight each other, mass plagues are already coming, and martial law would be called, which brings problems of it's own. All because of the LHC. Now I don't have 24/7 access to a computer so I may not be able to argue this theory with others but hopefully someone will follow my logic and reasoning and argue for me.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If God created the world, I don't think he needs the hadron to get them out of it.

Ama

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What? Rapture? Come on.

Anyway, science says it's no big deal, gamma rays that hit earth everyday are more powerful than that.

It's for the advance of science, let's do it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

yes. sopposed truth seekers are showing signs of doubt when the chance finially comes to discovering things about the big bang and the universe. C'mon people...i'll not deny that the LHC probably has some hidden motives...there's too much money there not to; but do u think the people there have a desire to wipe out their families? My prediction: the LHC powers up, does it's thing, and then ya'll will have to find something else to hinge your doomsday paranoia on. personally, i can't wait for the LHC to fire up, it's gonna be a good day for science.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
with 20 countries all forking out money for the LHC and a chance to further science i doubt they would not have some sort of safety net. they are exspecting some black holes but nothing that would concern us at all. think of the endless possiblities that could come from this, time travel, space travel, further advances in fuels. 20 countries would not fund this just to have it blow up in there faces and end the world as we know it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish there was a negative flag button for yet another anti-Large Hadron Collider thread.

I vote for the scientific advance.

[edit on 1/9/08 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
if no one ever took a risk with something scientific then we would still be living in caves.

another vote for scientific advances

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
well, if the earth was sucked into a blackhole, then I guess we'd never know...so what difference does it make. Hopefully they don't open a gateway to hell and then we'll have to send in the marines and ahhhhh, id software saw it coming, damn you Doom series.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There is an already similar thread on this topic here.

Please continue the discussion at the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There is an already similar thread on this topic here.

Please continue the discussion at the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join