It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My anti spyware keeps going off here on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Bone Collector
I got a warning from Google this morning (EST)

Was that while using the new Google Chrome browser?

Yeah it was..........may have to go back to Firefox was not having that problem with it.........ran several virus scans and a root kit remover nothing found so I guess its Google huh.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good grief it is not doing it now...

I did try to get the screen shot but it would not transfer over with a paste option only delete?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

so I guess its Google huh.

It's Chrome.

As mentioned on the previous page, according to Google's Safe Browsing, we're clean.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Mostly I am getting firewall hits from Accipter at 64.74.197.141:80
and from Quantcast at 4.71.209.15:80 from this site.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So how do we deactivate the problems with chrome without loosing the tool bar? I like the spell check among other fine qualities.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Mostly I am getting firewall hits

There's not any useful information here...

What kind of firewall hits? Can you U2U me the detailed log?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have Mcafee site advisor and ATS comes up green, meaning its safe. Chrome is a new browser and it says on a couple sites that it is a Beta and they are still working on some things. It could just be Chrome...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If you get a malware warning please be sure to post:

1. OS (Windows, Linux, Apple, other) and version number;
2. Browser, type, and version number;
3. Date and time of the alert;
4. A screenshot (hit the PrintScrn key in the upper right on your keyboard. Paste into Paint program, host on Photobucket and use the
[ img] [ /img] tags);
5. Other programs running in the background (Firewalls, Virus scanners);
6. Any other relevant details.

This info will help us help you track the problem. Bear in mind that with new browsers and programs, you may get false alarms. Be sure and search for your problem to see if it has already been addressed.

As SO says, it is -very- unlikely to be an ATS originated problem, but we're happy to check.

Thanks, all.

Badge
Forum Moderator

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A member sent me too IP addresses that triggered a "spyware" alarm in their personal firewall software...

Accipter source IP is 64.74.197.141:80
Quantcast source IP is 4.71.209.15:80

As we've seen all too often in the past, these "protection" software packages can and will be over-active in an effort to convince people the software is doing something. The "known spyware" tag for those IP's is simply wrong.

Accipter is the serving solution domain sued by Atlas Solutions, the largest and most-respected banner ad serving solution on the market. They're expensive to use, and their reputation is the best in the industry. Our media sales firm, MediaMayhem, uses them to serve banner ads on ATS.

Quantcast is the open access site ranking tool that has a small link at the bottom of each page. Again, impeccable reputation with no history of anything that could be remotely considered malware/spyware/adware.

Most likely these domains are simply setting cookies, and the over-active software is inappropriately tagging those as "spyware."

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just a note guys that may eliminate some of the "false" flags and as an added plus, protect your PC and guess what? It's all for free...

First a little background.

I am a Computer Forensics Expert. Now while that is a mighty fine sounding handle, it means I really know squat about most things PC. That is why I turn to the experts and this is what every one of them has advised me.

These programs are free and while it may feel like your getting something extra by paying, all the experts will tell you your not.

These programs are also NOT resource hungry and will not unduly tie up the limited resources we all have on our pc's...

I can also tell you that they will NOT give you the false FLAGS that apparently some of you are getting.

I will also state that I have used, and I am still using everyone on 5 different computers from a Quad Core Dell XPS (Vista), to a Dell 3.7ghz P4HT (XP Pro) to a HP 3.2 AMD64 (XP Home) plus 2 Laptops..

Here are the programs..

AVG Anti-Virus
Comodo Firewall
Spybot
AdAware

I run all of these programs on my Forensics machine and I go places no sane person should go on the Internet. I have NEVER, repeat NEVER had any problems much less a FLAG here at ATS.

So sing along with me::::

"If your feelin down"
"If your feelin Blue"
"Load these little programs"
"And watch what they can do"

Semper

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The free version of Avira antivirus is also an excellent software.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I am far from a computer expert myself, but I can tell you from cleaning up friends and relatives computers that there is malware out there that those programs won't touch. Vundo and Smitfraud, for example. Some of these programs mutate, which makes them extra tough to kill. I do agree that the free anti-malware programs are as good or better than the bought ones. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right program to defeat your current problem. Other times it takes a special program to remove a specific malware program.

Perhaps ATS should consider having a computer problems forum in the near future.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There is one..

Computer Help Forum

As for the threats... There are always going to be threats, that is a given. I however was not exaggerating about the sites I go to. It is part of my duties and I run the programs I listed and ONLY the programs I listed..

The sites I visit regularly are all the sites that are built by, visited by and used by "nefarious" individuals and I regularly get attacked. just part of the job; but the programs I have listed do a wonderful job and as complete as any programs you can purchase.

Semper

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

It seems to be the sites that sucker you into downloading a "special" video "codec" or getting a "free" malware scan that seem to be the worst right now. Thanks for letting me know about the computer forum.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have Linux, and I do not have antivirus or firewalls. I never had a problem. I grabbed a virus scan program just for haha's a couple days ago and the system was clean. I know there are a lot of viruses right now though. I got hit with some ad yesterday on a dif. site, and if I didn't have Linux, I would have been screwed. You should check it out. Its free and very safe.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

so I guess its Google huh.

It's Chrome.

As mentioned on the previous page, according to Google's Safe Browsing, we're clean.

Hey it works for me if you say we are I believe you......thats great thanks.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's back with a vengence. I hadn't gooten the alarms for quite a while but just now they are coming in 4s.

I do not have Chrome. Whatever it is, it's happening only on this website.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Whatever it is, it's happening only on this website.

And what is it?

Without the benefit of specific details, there's nothing we can do.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

html/crypted.gen. Same as last time. I can't get all info when it pops up in 4s constantly.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

As has been discussed previously, that's simply not enough to go on. Can you U2U me the log from your virus scanning software?

This warning comes from the Avira scanner, and it appears "crypted.gen" covers a broad range of possible items.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join