It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My father still alive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My father supposedly died 6 years ago. They say it was suicide, but I don't believe it. The night before, he was talking in circles and no one would listen to him. I was going to stay home from school the day it happened, but he wouldn't let me. His entire life was a mystery. He was in the military, but I can't find any proof of it. No documentation whatsoever. And I know he was in the military because of my grandfather. I'm looking into becoming a PI, so when I thought about how things didn't add up I looked into it. I looked up anything I could find about him online and it seems he's died twice so far and is engaged as of 2006. The same name, same birthday, same parents, same everything except death records. He died in 2003 from suicide, and at sea in 2005 during naval patrol or whatever you call it. Now, I don't know why he used the same name though. If it were witness protection, it definately wouldn't be. And I've even seen him driving around in his old car. Granted it's been a while since I've seen him, but I've show some people photos of him with all his brothers and a few have pointed him out and said they've seen him around but with a buzz cut and mustache. One said he just moved out of a house down their street. He always moved us around, so that's no surprise. We'd always stay in the same part of the state, but we moved about 17 or 18 times in 10 years. I know that people kept coming in the house when no one was home, and they had a key to everything. Even the gun cabnet which they would always get things out of and then put back the next day. And they found the keys to an expensive car in his pocket. It's horrible though because I can't remember what it was. We were poor though, so there's no way it was his. There wasn't even a body at the funeral. It was closed casket with a jar of his ashes in it which makes it even more likely. I don't know if maybe I'm just looking for something that's not there. Am I crazy? Or can he still be alive?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, let's start here with the military records. If he served his records are easy to come by. It doesn't matter if he was secret this or secret that, if he served you can obtain documentation and that is a good thing. Here is a link to get you started.

Military records of the US Armed forces

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Thank you, I will.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Valicity

My deepest sympathies to you.

Please come back and let us know what you find out, My best guess is it will take a month for paperwork to come back.

Why did you move arround so much?

What did he do (work wise) while he was still with you?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

Thanks. I will, but I have to find a printer to get the form. I'll probably go to the library Wednesday. Yeah, the site said it should take about 4 1/2 weeks.

I don't know why we moved so much. I can only remember one time he had a job. I was really small though, so I can only remember the one time we visited him. It was a huge gray building and we couldn't go in. There weren't even any windows that I can think of. But I remember he tossed my brother a football when he first came out. Other than that he just stayed home all day, went hunting, or just kind-of disappeared. I don't know where he went, but he'd be really touchy when someone asked him about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
While you are awaiting those records, may i suggest checking the County Clerk's Office for criminal and or civil records with your Fathers name and D.O.B. I would also suggest you check all the Counties you can remember living in. State Dept. of Corrections while you are at it. I am not suggesting criminal activity on your Fathers part, just in this case I wouldn't leave any stone unturned.
Your bud,
Vance

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Yeah, I've been trying to, but it's all out of town and I don't have a car. It's pretty difficult trying to do anything around here. But I can't complain, it could be worse. To tell you the truth, I've always thought there was something not quite right about my dad. The fact that those people had keys to the front and back door, plus the gun cabnet and combination to the safe. I'm a little embarrassed to say, I think he was involved with the mafia. I hope not, but it might be why we moved so much.

I'd like to thank you guys for the help. I really appriciate it.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Kalentka? (Redeemer) Is that you? What happened to the big 8 ft tall monster guy?

[edit on 9/1/0808 by Dirty Vegas]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valicity
reply to post by vance

Yeah, I've been trying to, but it's all out of town and I don't have a car. It's pretty difficult trying to do anything around here. But I can't complain, it could be worse. To tell you the truth, I've always thought there was something not quite right about my dad. The fact that those people had keys to the front and back door, plus the gun cabnet and combination to the safe. I'm a little embarrassed to say, I think he was involved with the mafia. I hope not, but it might be why we moved so much.

I'd like to thank you guys for the help. I really appriciate it.

Well are you Italian? I know most people say the mafia isn't around anymore but they're just much more underground. I even know some of their fronts here in Dallas.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bubble boy

Yeah, my dad's side is Italian and German mostly. My mom's side is a lot of different things. I'm kind-of a mutt I guess.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dirty Vegas

Kalentka? (Redeemer) Is that you? What happened to the big 8 ft tall monster guy?

[edit on 9/1/0808 by Dirty Vegas]

Who are you talking to?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Directly above my post it says "reply to post by Valicity", so I was talking to you.

It's a case of mistaken identity though on my part. My apologies. You just sounded a lot like someone else who has a historical habit of registering and immediately posting a wild, completetly unbeleiveable, fact baseless, and unprovable story within minutes of getting their password.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dirty Vegas

lol It's alright. I'm not one of those people. I one who only registers if I have something real to say, and then post it. Otherwise, what's the point. Wait, you...nevermind. You're entitled to your opinion. But to tell the truth, half the stuff in my life is unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

Please stick to the topic at hand and not make personal attacks against other members.

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This'll probably sound weird, but do you still have the football he threw to your brother? I guess I've been watching too many spy movies, but have you checked it over or anything? Again, I think I've been watching too many spy movies but sometimes we remember the strangest things and they have meaning. It might not even have anything to do with the football but more about the day you visited. Trying to rember more about that day might help pass the time while waiting for records.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Just a friendly reminder to everyone:

Please stick to the topic at hand and not make personal attacks against other members.

Thank you!
Yeah, I apologized Maria. My mistake.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by Valicity

I looked up anything I could find about him online and it seems he's died twice so far and is engaged as of 2006. The same name, same birthday, same parents, same everything except death records.

He died in 2003 from suicide, and at sea in 2005 during naval patrol
or whatever you call it.

... We'd always stay in the same part of the state, but we moved about 17 or 18 times in 10 years. I know that people kept coming in the house when no one was home, and they had a key to everything. Even the gun cabnet which they would always get things out of and then put back the next day. And they found the keys to an expensive car in his pocket.

Perhaps you can contact your local district attorney, local police chief, local cop friend ... and/or the military, the FBI and Interpol and your local Senator and show them the duplication of records, and explain you'd like to see your father, if he's still alive, and don't pose any threat. Kind of a long shot, but perhaps the only one. Might need fingerprints or DNA from the ashes, perhaps? Maybe check with one of those DNA places that trace who's the father, for suggestions.

Also, it might be identity theft as an alternative to covert ops.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

No, I don't. It seemed like a normal football to me, it was so long ago. I'll keep looking though.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Even if by some chance he is still alive, you are still having to cope with a loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling about the situation but I know that there are many willing people on ATS who will help you in whatever way they are able to help you find the truth that you seek.

I do have a few questions ....

I'm sorry to even ask but I believe that it's relevent ... how did your father supposedly commit suicide?

Have you discussed any of this with your Mother? With your brother? Is your brother older or younger?

Do you have any other family members that you are close to? Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, that might have additional information that they felt you were too young to know/understand at the time of your fathers 'death'?

Have you tried that online 'people search' thing? That might be a relatively inexpensive way to get some additional information on his previous residences.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

Yeah, I probably should. It just kind-of scares me. It's been 6 years, what if he doesn't remember me, or if he doesn't want to see me?
And about the ashes, I asked my step-mother about them and she said she already spread them. It kinda sucks. When you're so young, you don't realize how much saying goodbye means. But when you get older, it just kind-of hits you like a rock when you're told there's nothing left.
Oh! I just remembered something! After it happened, my brother and step-brother kept fighting over who would get his cell phone. Which is odd because he never used it, and when my brother got the phone, there was nothing in it. I'll ask him about it when I see him. And come back.
Maybe you're right about the idenity theft. Well, I hope you are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join