It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin and the hypocrisy express

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
still nobody has told us here where Palin has more experience or "executive experience"
Im still waiting

Im also still waiting on the evidence that Obama is a muslim.

Im still waiting for the evidence that obama was not born on US soil, or whether he has dual citizenship.

Im waiting.....

[edit on 3-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What is the executive experience? She has been mayor and governor. Those are executive positions responsible for enforcing the law and being leader of the city/state.

How can you blatantly claim she has no executive experience when she very clearly does? Are you denying her terms in office?

And on foreign experience, wherel is Obama's foreign policy experience? Seems to me he's been too busy sponsoring useless bills and claiming credit for bills he had nothing to do with. A brief list of a few key ones:

-Global Poverty Act (read tax)

-H.R. 4216, The Predominantly Black Institution Act of 2007: "amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to authorize grant programs to enhance the access of low-income Black students to higher education."

-S. 1977, The Nuclear Weapons Threat Reduction Act of 2007: Would have the US provide other countries with energy-grade uranium through a 'bank' administered by the IAEA. In other words, we pay for it, the other countries don't.

There are others, find a list of bill's that he's sponsored and go through some. Of course you'll find some you like, but a lot really do nothing.

And I am not a hardcore McCain supporter, btw, so don't call me neocon.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by avingard]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Take a look at the resumes, Palin has twelve years experience in politics verses Obama's 11 years experience.

Being mayor of a small town of 6000 people does not count as political experience for POTUS. And to add to your little arguement here, Palin failed to win any state government postions between 2002 and 2006, what was she doing between that time? Her experience is 2years buddy, well just under two years.

Does being an Illinois state legislature make someone more qualified than running a city as the Mayor? Sorry, I don't see it.

Wasilla is a small town of 6000 in the middle of no where, it isnt a city... it isnt evens close to being a small city. Infact its smaller than most of Americas university student populations. Heck it aint even half the size of my subarb. It is less qualified sorry.

Small town mayors are the people in charge, have to make things happen.

Small town mayors number in their 10,000s in america, Small town mayors watch over small towns... Small town mayors cannot be compared to being in the highest office of the land. Palin was mayor of town in the middle of no where. Dont kid yourself here.

State Legislatures just have to contribute to committees and vote on issues, not real challenging.

Oh I have to disagree, state legislatures do in part what presidents do and look over from a day to day bases, state legislatures are the first stepping stone to guiding an individual into the presidency.

A small town mayor in the arctic winters of Alaska probably have to make their fair share of dicey calls,

im loving this... are you serious? because she was mayor of a small town that has an artic climate, this some how increases her " experience"?! Please people, can we just cut out the geography here, it doesnt count.

where they are the ones making the decision, not voting on some committee.

Im pritty darn sure a decision over where a statue should be placed on main street is not a big deal. Now can you tells us what "decisions" of a small town mayor justifies being elected to the highest office of the land?

I say Palin's 8 years of experience calling the shots does in fact make her more qualified than commitee member Obama.

Palins two years you mean...
What shots did she call when she was mayor of small town Wasilla? What theme should the town parade be this year??

When your POTUS, you can't vote present.

When you POTUS your responsibility lies in making decisions on behalf of 300million people in a nation stretched over 3 timelines, not some small town of 6000 in the middle of no where.

In four years as Veep, Palin's experience to be POTUS will have far succeeded Obama's experience at the current time.

Only McCain hasnt been elected has he? I mean are serious now? your having to compare her experience in 4years to Obama? yes... sure she will have executive experience in 4years time if McCain is elected....

I'd rather have Palin, with her experience, taking over than Biden.

Oh but hold on.. wasnt the core arguement coming from righties was experience? Wasnt it that McCain was the only "rational" choice because he "experienced"? And now its all of sudden changed right? Now its lesser experience than Obama right? Isnt that just hypocritical of you?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Honestly now, executive experience... where?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Hey SG, ease her up a bit! You're starting to give me a headache with all those laughing emoticons! LOL'ing at every sentence you post is making me worry for your health. Now take a deep breath and exhale. There, isn't that better? Hehe

Now, carry on! Here's what I propose. Put on the convention tonight and listen to her speech. You don't have to listen to anyone else if you don't want. Put on C-SPAN and stay away from the talking heads. Let's see what she's got! No harm in that,eh?

Afterwards I would really like to hear your opinion (not a regurgitation of the democratic rebuttal or verbal vomit of the mainstream).

This thread has turned into another example of people fighting over conjecture and what they have read. I would much prefer some original thought and debate. The only way to do that is to give the woman her opportunity. The let's reconvene and have at it.

You know there was another woman in history who was considered an incredible detriment to a president's electability and ability to govern....Mary Todd Lincoln.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

When in doubt - ask Grandpa....err..i mean Colbert:

The Word: Thats the Ticket

I recommend everyone watch it.

As usual, the Colbert Report is able to discuss REAL issues with a comical spin, completely void of immature insults.

He wraps up the irony and humor of the "palin for VP" pick

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It is pretty clear the GOP picked her to bring more votes, specially from women and not because of her experience.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
Honestly now, executive experience... where?

She was governor and mayor! Those are executive positions. I can see that this isn't going to get anywhere, but I really want to know the basis of your claims, as they seem absolutely absurd.

And yes, there are thousands of mayors and governors in America, but Obama sure isn't one, neither is Biden, neither is McCain for that matter. That's why people say that Palin is the only person in the race with executive experience.

I would really appreciate hearing your justification, as it's obvious I'm just not seeing it. Either post here or message me and I'll be really gratefull.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

I would really appreciate hearing your justification, as it's obvious I'm just not seeing it. Either post here or message me and I'll be really gratefull.

i'm not SG, but ill answer for you.

Saying that someone is not qualified for POTUS because of "exectuive" experience is just like saying they arent qualified because of "military experience"

Being the President takes EVERYTHING and rolls it into one.

You need legislative experience
You need lawmaking experience
You need experience in being poor
you need experience in leading troops
you need experience in economics
you need experience in just about everything that encompasses America.

Why?
Because you are representing AMERICA

To say that one particular section of experience is more important than another is just plain desperation.

Sarah Palin is a ploy from the conservatives in order to draw in disgruntled Hillary Supporters.

PALIN HERSELF gives us all the proof we need from her acceptance speech when she spoke TO Hillary Supporters and said "we can still break that glass ceiling" VOTE MCCAIN WOOOOO!!

Its sickening and an insult to not only women, but to Americans in General.

John McCain doesnt get it.
Thats why he chose Sarah Palin

and people like you are blindly defending that choice by saying "executive experience counts more than anything"

No. It doesnt.

At all.

Being a leader, being honest and fair, etc etc etc. Qualities of a great leader make for a great president.

Having 20 months experience doesnt mean a damn thing other than she is Governor, used to be Mayor, and is now potential V.P.

Good for her that she's chosen
But she's being played like a fiddle
If she's okay with it - well fine - so be it.

But don't get on your high horse and say McCain is noble for selecting a woman.

Its been done before
Many times.

The fact is there are many more women in the GOP that would be MUCH MORE qualified than Sarah Palin.

But they don't fit the agenda.

Thats why she was chosen.

Sorry that you refuse to accept it.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Really....This coming from the party that stood behind Clinton? Thanks but the DNC has not moral ground to stand on. That and just what leadership does Obama have? Hell Palin is at the bottom of the ticket, and Obama is having to run against her and McCain. Looks like the GOP picked a good one IMHO. The more the media hits the kid issues, or makes Palin look like a nobody....The lower in the polls Obama slips

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

You know what, I think I will, what is it tonight or on Thurs? Ill get back to you all on my opinion later.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Once again being mayor, expecially over 6000 people in the middle, aint no experience. Read the thread again and you will see the definition of "executive experience", get it right.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

You need legislative experience
You need lawmaking experience
You need experience in being poor
you need experience in leading troops
you need experience in economics
you need experience in just about everything that encompasses America.

I know people don't like wiki, especially when it contradicts their beliefs, but so what

Governor Duties

Sec. 3. POWERS AND DUTIES OF GOVERNOR. The governor shall communicate by message to each session of the legislature information touching the state and country. He is commander-in-chief of the military and naval forces and may call them out to execute the laws, suppress insurrection and repel invasion.

He may require the opinion in writing of the principal officer in each of the executive departments upon any subject relating to his duties. With the advice and consent of the senate he may appoint notaries public and other officers provided by law. He may appoint commissioners to take the acknowledgment of deeds or other instruments in writing to be used in the state.

He shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed. He shall fill any vacancy that may occur in the offices of secretary of state, auditor, attorney general and the other state and district offices hereafter created by law until the end of the term for which the person who had vacated the office was elected or the first Monday in January following the next general election, whichever is sooner, and until a successor is chosen and qualified.

source

Senator duties

The Constitution provides several unique functions for the Senate that form its ability to "check and balance" the powers of other elements of the Federal Government. These include the requirement that the Senate may advise and must consent to the President's government appointments; also the Senate must ratify all treaties with foreign governments; it tries all impeachments, and it elects the Vice President in the event no person gets a majority of the electoral votes.

source

How about we actually do some research into what experience is more important when it comes to the selection of vice-president and president for that matter.

I think Obama and his supporters really need to do some research on the duties of state governorship before the shoot their mouth off about experience.

It is no wonder that Obama left out the fact that Palin was a governor when he started to attack her on experience.

Now we have Obama supporters trying to minimize the duties of governorship.

In all, the executive experience that the office of state governor provides is much more relevant to the office of President than any Senate experience.

The action of McCain picking Palin is not hypocrisy, it is complementing his ticket with skills and experience that he is lacking.

The action of Obama supporters calling out McCain's "hypocrisy" is only highlighting what little relevant experience Obama has when it comes to the office of President.

The Obama-Biden ticket was made to shore up Obama's lack of foreign policy experience. Too bad that foreign policy experience was not the only thing he grossly lacks.

The Obama campaign is a team of two-senators, whose experience is just saying yes and no, carried by Biden's long history in foreign policy.

McCain is the one with the well rounded ticket. McCain provides the same long-term experience as Biden along with the executive experience of Palin.

Obama was screwed from the beginning. He is just a face and a dream of African-Americans, and he is the darling of the media. He had to choose between a governor with governing experience or a guy with foreign policy experience. If Obama choose a governor instead of Biden, then the Obama ticket would be woefully weak in foreign policy experience.

The only thing that saves Obama is the large CNN, NBC, ABC, Hollywood, and CBS media bias.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Once again being mayor, expecially over 6000 people in the middle, aint no experience. Read the thread again and you will see the definition of "executive experience", get it right.

Yet, you keep ignoring the fact Obama is on THE TOP OF THE TICKET, with EVEN LESS EXPERIENCE than Palin.

Why don't you address that for a second? Explain your concern over the VP's experience, yet total lack of concern about Obama's?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Being a leader, being honest and fair, etc etc etc. Qualities of a great leader make for a great president.

I guess your definition of who makes a good President leaves Obama out in the cold. Unless you are defining hinm with the etc. etc...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Calm down there cowboy.

And since when did Obama supporters make experience the core reason to vote in somebody? I certainly didnt, McCain and his followers did, and yet there they are, choosing somebody half the experience of Obama.

Hypocrisy...

What executive experience? Im waiting....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

What executive experience? Im waiting....

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'm still trying to figure out how being a Mayor and Governor of Alaska equals less experience than the ZERO Obama has. Are we going to get any explanation, or are we supposed to just accept it?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Uh Oh the cats out of the bag.

Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan and former John McCain adviser and MSNBC contributor Mike Murphy really think about Sarah Palin.

YouTube link

Gets interesting in :38

[edit on 3-9-2008 by DocHadji]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I like Wiki for referencing factual info. It is when the facts are unclear that they are teh suxor.

Good post, star for you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join